Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hey guys, probably a really dumb question but I wanted to check. I just got OI, so now I'm running OI/IFE on ST with 2pc T19 and 4pc T20. I lost a bit of ST dps swapping from EDC to OI (I kind of expected the loss). I lost a much larger amount swapping to Stellar Drift for ST over Nature's Balance. Am I doing something incorrect or does the sim DPS not necessarily effect how it'll play out in a raid environment. Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schezuan View Post
    Hey guys, probably a really dumb question but I wanted to check. I just got OI, so now I'm running OI/IFE on ST with 2pc T19 and 4pc T20. I lost a bit of ST dps swapping from EDC to OI (I kind of expected the loss). I lost a much larger amount swapping to Stellar Drift for ST over Nature's Balance. Am I doing something incorrect or does the sim DPS not necessarily effect how it'll play out in a raid environment. Thanks!
    the latter. simc simulates patchwork with 0 movement which heavily favours NB and gives a significant boost to ED.

While the actual number of fights that play like that approaches 0 from below.

Hey Gebuz, whats your thoughts on final 2 bosses setups for leggos/talents?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokura View Post
    Hey Gebuz, whats your thoughts on final 2 bosses setups for leggos/talents?
    Aggramar depends entirely on whether or not we will be killing adds. Afaik the adds had PvP DR on CC during the mythic PTR test. That combined with the fact that getting hit by any of aggramar's abilities makes them immune to CC probably means we have to kill them. Now how exactly we'll do that also matters. Will we stack them all up and just AOE them down every ~20 sec when they respawn? Or will we just ST them down spread out across the platform like on normal. If we go with the first option they will likely die to ele/warrior AOE before we can be of much use. If we go with the second option, we'll likely be single target killing them anyway. So either way, we'll likely be playing ST spec with OI/IFE just like on HC.

Argus is impossible to say as we don't know the mythic phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Aggramar depends entirely on whether or not we will be killing adds. Afaik the adds had PvP DR on CC during the mythic PTR test. That combined with the fact that getting hit by any of aggramar's abilities makes them immune to CC probably means we have to kill them. Now how exactly we'll do that also matters. Will we stack them all up and just AOE them down every ~20 sec when they respawn? Or will we just ST them down spread out across the platform like on normal. If we go with the first option they will likely die to ele/warrior AOE before we can be of much use. If we go with the second option, we'll likely be single target killing them anyway. So either way, we'll likely be playing ST spec with OI/IFE just like on HC.

Argus is impossible to say as we don't know the mythic phases.
    Gebuz, is it worth to equip 4pt20 + 2p t21 since the set bonus being nerfed from 15% to 8% haste? or we be wearing 2p t20 + 4p t21?

ty

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bulaxoxo View Post
    Gebuz, is it worth to equip 4pt20 + 2p t21 since the set bonus being nerfed from 15% to 8% haste? or we be wearing 2p t20 + 4p t21?

ty
    you need 30+ ilvl for T21 to be better now.

Any chance someone could take a look at this log and tell me what Im doing so horribly wrong? I've put it into wowanalyzer and that doesnt look too bad, missed a full moon and could improve some uptime, but other than that I have no idea. I feel like im casting all the time when Im not moving, and even then I try to place OI procs so I can move while casting. I'm not overcapping AP, not overwriting OI procs. I've been simming my char, so that should be good aswell. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=4

@Ardeth
    Some more experienced and knowledgeable boomies should give their input, I' m just bored out of my mind so I gave a look at your log aswell.
    -A few overlaps on Moonfire and Sunfire outside of Pandemic range costing you on gcds.
    -Your opener needs tweaking. You should cast Incarn after applying your dots and half moon.
    -I don't see any other glaring problems with your rotation, even the above are kinda knitpicky. I think the most important reason for your numbers are your stats and gear choices. You are playing a mastery heavy build which doesn't benefit you much in a pure ST fight like this one where Haste>Mastery.
    -Don't eat from the Feast, intellect is by far your worst stat. Prefer mastery or haste food.
    -Trinket choices. Norgannon's did not work out here, especially since you don't seem to have enough Pantheon Trinkets in your group in order to proc the second empowered buff (Norgannon's Command). If you take that out of the equation it's just a mastery stat stick with a chance to give you intellect (your worst stat). Owl or Arcano are much better choices to pair with ACI.

Frankly, the difference between the various food options is far to miniscule to really matter. You need hour long fights before that has any real impact. It's more important to eat one of the top tier foods than it is to use the "perfect" one.

@Selerian
    Thanks alot for the input! As I said, any tips will help me, litterally any, and you've given me some good pointers I thought it might be something to do with my trinkets, but wasn't sure. I'll give my old owl a go!

Intellect isn't even our worse stat

10+ Year Old Account
    @geebuz

What are your thoughts on Oakheart's gnarled root. http://www.wowhead.com/item=137306/o...s-gnarled-root I got it today from the chest, and while it doesnt look that great to me, some people are adamant that it is good.

Who's 'some people'?

It's not the worst(which goes to Figurehead of the Naglfar with a choice award for "Worst trinket of the game"), but there's quite a few better ones for us.

Spreadsheet wasn't updated for the hotfixes yet, was it? Although i'm not convinced this is going to change all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    you need 30+ ilvl for T21 to be better now.
    so replacing 2x915 tier pieces with 2x930 would make T21 more valuable? Anything above that would just add to the gap.

Is it worth it to dot the second dog in Felhounds even if they're too far apart to SF using the ST build?

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Is it worth it to dot the second dog in Felhounds even if they're too far apart to SF using the ST build?
    Sure. DoTs do enough damage on their own for dotting anything that should be damaged to always be worth it.

I took it as, if your t20 was 930, your t21 would have to be 960 to replace. each piece.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokura View Post
    I took it as, if your t20 was 930, your t21 would have to be 960 to replace. each piece.
    Yeah that's what I meant, sorry for being unclear.