Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Will warlocks suck for T1 in Legion ?

It seems many top guilds don't have any warlock in their rosters.
    Are they forecast to not be good enough for the first raiding tier of legion M

Deleted
    Yes very likely.

Normally I wouldn't mind, but it is a whole class that only has 3 dps specs and that is a pretty impressive failure on blizzards end. If we end up being the absolute worst of the pure dps classes (WL, Mage, Hunter, Rogue) then I am very disappointed.

We have to wait and see. It's hard to tell, but I would suspect warlocks to be rather bad in Legion raiding. I am still gonna play my warlock because it's my only lvl 100 char and I can't switch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaria View Post
    It seems many top guilds don't have any warlock in their rosters.
    Are they forecast to not be good enough for the first raiding tier of legion M
    Are you sure? Serenity's roster still have warlocks?

https://serenity.gg/#!/roster

Deleted
    everyone is parroting shit without actual testing on the PTR. the class does VERY WELL dps wise. its just not fun to play. numbers ARE THERE. we are strong on cleave like no other. Affliction is insane on multidot fights, and demo is very very strong single target. im propably going 16/16/16 in all artifact weapons first and see if anything gets adjusted in the first three weeks.

delete

/10char
    Last edited by vaeevictiss; 2016-08-29 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordahl View Post
    Are you sure? Serenity's roster still have warlocks?

https://serenity.gg/#!/roster
    not just 1 ... 3... 3 locks... its the most played class in serenity after mages

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oqtopus View Post
    not just 1 ... 3... 3 locks... its the most played class in serenity after mages
    Wow you guys couldn't be sOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much wrong. Furty already said he rerolled, and he stated that Serenity will only have 1 warlock in the roster.

Edit: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...575457?page=15
    Last edited by mmoc8aff34db26; 2016-08-29 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    Wow you guys couldn't be sOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much wrong. Furty already said he rerolled, and he stated that Serenity will only have 1 warlock in the roster.
    ok then please explain the new sims ?

http://i.imgur.com/yh0NKBc.png

or are you locks still hurdurdururudurudur we bad we need buffs hurdurdur like you always are ?

or are you locks still hurdurdururudurudur we bad we need buffs hurdurdur like you always are ?
    To be fair, thats a patch style sim and doesn't reflect what currently raiding is about. Mobility. I have a hard time believing demonology is towards the top without it being some kind of gimmick fight where they probably have little movement.

Deleted

So. You present unto me a log (a single sim) with no clarification (i'll mostly think this is ST), which points at destro at being mediocre and affli at being Bottom. Demo is ok... but I see you haven't played Beta. There are NO FRIGGIN ST BOSSES. So, your biased sim is a shitty prove.

So. You present unto me a log (a single sim) with no clarification (i'll mostly think this is ST), which points at destro at being mediocre and affli at being Bottom. Demo is ok... but I see you haven't played Beta. There are NO FRIGGIN ST BOSSES. So, your biased sim is a shitty prove.
    there are no ST bosses? you trolling or you simply trying to be right when you deep down know warlock is in an OK spot . not bad not great

At the start yes but they scale better than most other specs.

Deleted
    there are no ST bosses? you trolling or you simply trying to be right when you deep down know warlock is in an OK spot . not bad not great
    Demo has a frigging 14 sec ramp up. Changing targets is HELL for demo dps. No I'm not trolling, but I suppose you haven't played a warlock in your life.

Edit: oh, and btw, here there are people who, by your dumb standards, are trolling too
    https://serenity.gg/forum/showthread.php?tid=140

OP: I doubt it.

As much as we need some mechanics attention, I think our damage is probably going to be alright by the time the raids open.

Remember how great locks were in SoO? The transition from SoO to WoD was awful. WoD to legion isn't looking as bad as some of us would like to believe.

Relax guys... Warlocks are top 2 casters in the game, only bellow Fire Mages.

Deleted
    We're not gonna "suck", but the specs feel niche. As a warlock you must do a lot of respec and talent changes to be good, and other classes doesn't even have to change talents...

Deleted
    We're not gonna "suck", but the specs feel niche. As a warlock you must do a lot of respec and talent changes to be good, and other classes doesn't even have to change talents...
    Wait, are you whining that you actually have useful talents more than 1/row?

It won't suck but it won't be god tier for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Wait, are you whining that you actually have useful talents more than 1/row?
    Nope, only that the lock talents are very binary and lock you into single target or AOE or cleave, whereas MM hunters for example are not - several classes have strong all-rounder builds which means that in a fight such as Darmac they will be good at AOE and single target, whereas the lock will be good at one or the other

Not to mention that locks will be forced into pissing about with talent switching - now with the associated cost - all the time, if you're an MM hunter you can pick a ann-rounder build and never change it. Moreover, some classes don't even have to change their play much, Serpents are single target and they cleave with no change whatever from the playe rperspective.

And demonology is pretty much very good at tunelling Patchwerk and bad at everything else.

Deleted
    Are locks really that doomed that even top guilds are abandoning them on their rosters?