Page 48 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Should the RoF artifact talent really take priority over the incinerate damage buff when pathing to the third golden talent? I went with incin since i rarely use FnB. I've kinda accepted that unless im going to be respeccing 6 times every dungeon, I'm my destro is going to be a cleave spec, not an AOE spec. I use it on groups, but 15% on something i cast only rarely compared to a boost to incinerate which i cast all the time seems lacking.
    I think that's a fair assessment, and I'm going to be updating the guide to suggest Incin over RoF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halfpipe View Post
    i don't get this statement taken from the guide: "Changed Backdraft vs Roaring Blaze single-target talent discussion. After further analysis, Backdraft is better than RB for realistic levels of Haste. However, Roaring Blaze gains significant value when you can Havoc RB-buffed Immolates, so it's now classified as a cleave-talent.
    Created RB vs Backdraft Single Target Spreadsheet, to showcase how each talent scales as Haste changes."

I looked at the spreadsheet and i can't understand what my player haste value is? where can i find that? all i know is my haste is 33.53%, crit is 16.78% and Mastery is 66.91% .... what would benefit me more? RB or BD? I know RB is good for cleave but is it more viable for ST (in my situation/stats)
    Your player haste value is the haste value you see on your character sheet, but as a decimal. For example, 100% haste is a value of 1 in the spreadsheet. 33.53% would be 0.3353.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedevil View Post
    Hey. maybe I can shed some light. I created another calculator for RB for the Tier 19 set bonus, basically to see how many conflags someone could cast in one immolate (or double immolate). The reason we say Backdraft is better than RB for realistic levels of Haste is due to the fact that at 10% haste, you can get off 3 conflags in a 24s duration of immolate (2.5 conflags with at least 2 ticks of immolate left [or 2.08 conflags with 2 charges of conflag up on next immolate cast) In order to bump up and stack another RB, you need at least 56% haste, According to my calculations.
    So thats why at realistic levels of haste, BD is better than RB
    Now, as far as play-style goes, it kind of a toss up, as the difference in Sims is very small between BD and RB.
    Care to share the calculator? I'm curious how you approached the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedevil View Post
    Backdraft duration is reduced by haste, does anyone know the formula, is it (5/(1+x))??
    Yup! Correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarkan View Post
    I find this to be not quite true if you have conection delay. RB is "use and forget" when you cast Conflagrate, so some delay dont mess up that much on you overall DPS as it happen with BD, as you had to fully use the buff to cast the more spells you can for make it worth. Also, with conection issues, RB is more usefull the BD, as a simple lag spike could make a "instant floor fire mechanic" appear in your feets after use Conflagrate.

The conection of my country never is perfect, so a know this quite well, and belive me, lossing BD uptime because of lag issues really hurt your DPS.
    I recently had to play on a connection that was around 200-250 ms, and backdraft was a terrible experience. Even with optimal timing and no movement I was only able to get 2 casts of Incinerate per Backdraft.

yeah level of ms would diminish it's value. At stable 25-30ms I never suffer from that issue personally.

I believe this was discussed a few pages back when 7.1 dropped and doomguard was buffed but is it now the standard go-to to spec gosup? gosac seems to have had a proc rate decrease as I've noticed it has really dropped in my overall damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I recently had to play on a connection that was around 200-250 ms, and backdraft was a terrible experience. Even with optimal timing and no movement I was only able to get 2 casts of Incinerate per Backdraft.
    I play with a ping of 200 - 250ms and haven't encountered any issues with backdraft. I always get my three casts off unless I'm forced to move for mechanics. I think perhaps what the previous poster was encountering was variable lag, which makes most casting difficult and definitely has an impact on dps, though I would argue that the effect is applicable to all casting, BD or no. The inability to predict the altered cast time is what causes the problem.

That said, I've never played with a lower ping, so maybe the cast-clipping that compensates for the ping is baked into my reflexes. People who've never known anything other than ~30ms might find ~220 really hard to play with. Who knows XD

Quote Originally Posted by Auracle View Post
    I play with a ping of 200 - 250ms and haven't encountered any issues with backdraft. I always get my three casts off unless I'm forced to move for mechanics. I think perhaps what the previous poster was encountering was variable lag, which makes most casting difficult and definitely has an impact on dps, though I would argue that the effect is applicable to all casting, BD or no. The inability to predict the altered cast time is what causes the problem.

That said, I've never played with a lower ping, so maybe the cast-clipping that compensates for the ping is baked into my reflexes. People who've never known anything other than ~30ms might find ~220 really hard to play with. Who knows XD
    While is true that variable lag makes difficult cast any spell, between BD and RB, the second is the least affect by it, as is a "use and forget" bonus coming from a instant cast spell.

That been say it, another thing is that to a higher ping, there is more chance to be affected by a lag spike, those hurt a lot your DPS when you deppend of microbuff management.

Anyone got their hands on the Curator trinket from Kara?
    Anything worthy about it in M+?
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Quick question, does spec choice play into account when trying to decide what relics to go for on your weapon? I'm trying to decide what relics to go for in kara/EN/ToV and I'm torn between a few. Most thing I read say the chaos bolt shard refund or chaos bolt crit damage are the ways to go, but if I play RB, wouldn't the immolate damage and immolate crit damage be better?
    Shinsui- Nathrezim

destroing it up since prebc

immolate crit is the best relic trait regardless of which 1st tier talent you take

Hey guys, sorta new to warlock. Is there a specific talent set up people run for Mythic+/Kara?

I'm finding a lot of different warlocks using different talents such as RB vs Backdraft, Cataclysm vs Reverse Entropy and Sac vs Supremacy. Can't decide between the 100 talents either with using Wreak Havoc or Soul Conduit.

Or should I be swapping talents for boss fights?

Thanks!
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Deleted
    immolate crit is the best relic trait regardless of which 1st tier talent you take
    http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...ro_relics.html

Simulation is with RB, so i suppose that CB crit dmg / refunds are the best without RB.

I'm finding a lot of different warlocks using different talents such as RB vs Backdraft, Cataclysm vs Reverse Entropy and Sac vs Supremacy. Can't decide between the 100 talents either with using Wreak Havoc or Soul Conduit.
    M+/kara : BD / RE / Shadowfury / Eradication or Fire and Brimstone / * / Grimoire of Sacrifice / Wreak Havoc

Eradication should be better when there is less than 5/6 adds.

I got the CB cleave legendary so Era is always better than FB for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryg View Post
    M+/kara : BD / RE / Shadowfury / Eradication or Fire and Brimstone / * / Grimoire of Sacrifice / Wreak Havoc

Eradication should be better when there is less than 5/6 adds.

I got the CB cleave legendary so Era is always better than FB for me.
    Thanks heaps!
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Deleted
    @Baconeggcheese Ok i was checking some logs..and i have to ask.. how the hell did you do 670k dps on mythic Xavius? gj btw lol

Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    @Baconeggcheese Ok i was checking some logs..and i have to ask.. how the hell did you do 670k dps on mythic Xavius? gj btw lol
    His berries + maybe cheesing corruption meter, when you fill it up you get a huge damage buff before getting mc'd iirc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper11b View Post
    His berries + maybe cheesing corruption meter, when you fill it up you get a huge damage buff before getting mc'd iirc.
    You won't get mc'd while youre in Dream. Instead you will get the dmg/heal buff and after that a reset of your cds.

Also crazy dmg peak with 2 demons, 2 GoServ imps and 6 portals while the bracers doing their job

edit: and still 200k behind a shadow
    Last edited by mmoc7c5345aa0c; 2016-11-03 at 12:55 PM.

Deleted
    While all this is true, abusing corruption and cd reseting is pretty standard tactic. And about the berries, at least feretory isnt THAT op. I have it and it doesnt suddenly bump my dps by 150k.. I can understand that the CB bouncing can be very good for the meters esp in last phase but still.. Just asking to see if its just flawless play and control over corruption or just some tips i am not aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Can you explain me please the use of BD on all type of fights both at M+ and raids?
    RB, when played perfectly will be leagues ahead of BD (at least this is what seems to be the mantra on the lock discord)...but again...has to be played perfectly. If you are a really lucky bastard and have feretory, that closes the gap between the two substantially.
    Last edited by vaeevictiss; 2016-11-03 at 01:27 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    How are you guys maximizing damage on Cenarius when he pops his damaging shield? Are you popping Dark Pact and continuing to pound him with Chaos Bolts or holding back and waiting for adds to spawn? I have been playing very conservative in that regard (he's not that hard on heroics, but we will be at Mythic Cenarius "soon")
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Depends on your healing really. Couldn't havoc cenarius 100% on our first kill but last night I survived easily even after chaining multiple chaos bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryg View Post
    http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...ro_relics.html

Simulation is with RB, so i suppose that CB crit dmg / refunds are the best without RB.
    Thanks for simming this, helps out allot
    Shinsui- Nathrezim

destroing it up since prebc

Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    I think it mostly that people in my guild stop doing mechanics as we get further into farm which meant in p2 I got to cleave basically the entire time almost non-stop. For once its a blessing *sigh*

But yeah in general its because the destruction bracers are stupid strong any time you get to cleave, so if you get to cleave for practically an entire fight it gets pretty silly pretty fast. There's already a guy who did 690, and people will absolutely push up past 700 once someone gets a good pull and then has a 2nd MC with good timing. Me and the #1 guy didn't get a 2nd MC at all.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-11-03 at 04:00 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.