Page 1 of 20
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    The Fix-My-DPS thread (Legion Edition) [READ FIRST POST]

    Everyone needs help sometime or another, here's where you ask for it.

    WHAT THIS IS NOT:

    -Fix my spec plx???
    -What is my next upgrade???
    -What rotation should I use???
    -HALP!


    WHAT THIS IS:

    -You have no clue why your (or someone elses) dps is so low
    -You want to improve in general
    -You are not satisfied with "Do X, Y, Z in that order" answers
    -You want an answer better suited to your playstyle


    WHAT WE NEED:

    We can't help you if you don't help us. "I do 14000 dps in MsV10 HALP!" only shows us that you can't read this post. There are several tools out there that will help us analyze your output and thus be able to say exactly what the problem is. This is what you need to provide in your post.

    Recommended: Combat Log Parse

    The best way to review your output is to get a combat log parse so that we can see the complete picture. This will show not only what you did, when you did it, and how well you did it, but also what the entire raid did. Maybe the problem was that the Elemental Shaman and Ret Paladin always die really early, and therefore you were missing their combined buffs. A combat log parse will show this.

    I recommend http://www.warcraftlogs.com/ because of how easy their site is to navigate and how easy it is to run. It's very user friendly and has a lot of options and features. Once you have registered here and installed their client, make a combat log and post the link here.



    Option Two: Damage Meter Screenshot with Details

    This won't show us all the details, but is better for anonymity of your guild mates. This is a bit simpler than the above because you should already know how to use a Damage Meter. Good Damage Meters include Recount and Skada.

    1) Kill the boss with your Damage Meter running
    2) Pick that fight from the Damage Meter window so we can filter out the rest of the crap
    3) Click your name so the details appear
    4) Hit print screen
    5) Upload that image (World of Warcraft \ Screenshots \) to imgur.com and post the LARGE THUMBNAIL link here. (You don't need a login here)

    It should look like this

    http://imgur.com/Q5C5NYV



    Last Ditch Effort: Damage Meter or Combat Log Parse of Target Dummy

    This should only be used as a last resort. Basically, follow the steps above but do so for a combat dummy.
    HOWEVER
    Make sure that the target dummy has zero debuffs on it when you start, and you cast no debuffs on it. It needs to be 100% clean. We can take the numbers you show us and increase them as if you had full raid buffs. If you attack a dummy with a buff or two on it that you don't know about, we will inadvertently factor these buffs in twice, which will make us say "You should be doing XXXXX dps" when you physically can never reach this number.



    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Old thread up to and including tier 18 of Warlords of Draenor.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...EAD-FIRST-POST

    Old thread up to and including tier 16 of Mists of Pandaria.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ORE-POSTING%29


    Old Fix My DPS thread, up to and including tier 14 of Mists of Pandaria.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ore-posting%29

  2. #2

    Demonology DPS queries

    So just to start off I am not trying to make a flame thread against demo, I like the new class flavor quite a bit always been partial to summoners anywho.

    What I am curious is if there is a specific point where Demo gets a jump in damage, either through and artifact trait or a specific amount of haste?
    One thing I did notice, albeit rather mundane was the crazy scaling that haste lends to us, Woz talks about it in the guide under stickies, but when lust is up I have noticed huge jumps in damage. Granted lust generally leads to that, its what started my questioning on if a certain amount of haste would grant a larger return in dps.

    Also to that end, is there any kind of fight mechanic or type that Demo excels at? Does it have a niche?

    Currently I have been running dungeons and I have a ton of trouble with any sort of movement especially in the first 15-20 seconds while setting up the first large TKC I generally DB to 5 shards, drop imps, DE then DB Grim:Felguard and Doomguard out, then get dreadstalkers out with hopefully 2 seconds left on my imps for a generous TKC hit. But any kind of knockback or movement completely destroys that opener. The other issues I have been having has been on add fights, I just end up tunneling the boss because I have a feeling they will be dead before I can even summon stalkers on them.

    Overall I just haven't been happy with the damage I am putting out (120-150k on heroic dungeon bosses) for the amount of actions required, it feels like I need to run through 10 buttons give or take a few to do the same kind of damage everyone else gets from one ability. x.x
    Last edited by Drakile; 2016-09-04 at 05:57 PM.

    Armory^

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    So just to start off I am not trying to make a flame thread against demo, I like the new class flavor quite a bit always been partial to summoners anywho.

    What I am curious is if there is a specific point where Demo gets a jump in damage, either through and artifact trait or a specific amount of haste?
    One thing I did notice, albeit rather mundane was the crazy scaling that haste lends to us, Woz talks about it in the guide under stickies, but when lust is up I have noticed huge jumps in damage. Granted lust generally leads to that, its what started my questioning on if a certain amount of haste would grant a larger return in dps.

    Also to that end, is there any kind of fight mechanic or type that Demo excels at? Does it have a niche?

    Currently I have been running dungeons and I have a ton of trouble with any sort of movement especially in the first 15-20 seconds while setting up the first large TKC I generally DB to 5 shards, drop imps, DE then DB Grim:Felguard and Doomguard out, then get dreadstalkers out with hopefully 2 seconds left on my imps for a generous TKC hit. But any kind of knockback or movement completely destroys that opener. The other issues I have been having has been on add fights, I just end up tunneling the boss because I have a feeling they will be dead before I can even summon stalkers on them.

    Overall I just haven't been happy with the damage I am putting out (120-150k on heroic dungeon bosses) for the amount of actions required, it feels like I need to run through 10 buttons give or take a few to do the same kind of damage everyone else gets from one ability. x.x

    I agree completly what your saying. I have the same problem in Dungeons. Demo lock doesnt have any good burst like Hunter, Warrior, Destro locks. If you get knockback at the start of an bossfight, your opener is fucked and you cant reach the amound of damage anymore until you get procc luck with next Call Dreadstalker because your Doomguard will disappear...

    I realy like the new mechanic but the Artifact I dont.

    My current stats are: http://prntscr.com/ce3kbt

    And Im fine with this. Im not sure to have too much haste now because of Bloodlust Global cooldown.
    Last edited by Lyvondria; 2016-09-04 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Stats added

  4. #4
    Yeah, just switched to destro for dungeons. The only good news is that since they share the same secondary stat priority you don't need two sets of gear.
    Gromsha Hellscream, the only true Warchief

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvondria View Post
    I agree completly what your saying. I have the same problem in Dungeons. Demo lock doesnt have any good burst like Hunter, Warrior, Destro locks. If you get knockback at the start of an bossfight, your opener is fucked and you cant reach the amound of damage anymore until you get procc luck with next Call Dreadstalker because your Doomguard will disappear...

    I realy like the new mechanic but the Artifact I dont.

    My current stats are: http://prntscr.com/ce3kbt

    And Im fine with this. Im not sure to have too much haste now because of Bloodlust Global cooldown.
    Have you tried playing around with shadowy inspiration? It is a tiny bit less RNG, I get my RNG fill from DE having a chance to grant a shard.

    Armory^

  6. #6
    For Dungeons you want burst AoE and decent single target. And demo is pretty good at both, I think.

    I spec shadowy-Implosion-power trip-soul conduit.

    Open with shadowbolt, as the Felguard charges you cast DE (if you get the proc, thats your 3rd shard), insta SB, and BAM! you got your 4xHoGD... In your 2nd in combat cast. So, basically, your 3rd cast can be a 1200+% spell power AoE (you will have Synergy proc, if you spec it, and maybe a trinket proc as well)

  7. #7
    hello my dear warlocks

    been roaming a lot here and reading guide here and there and wanted to test demo dps since got some good gear now ( playing mainly destro since woltk )

    here is my profile

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssama/advanced

    strange its didnt update for last 3 days , right now i am 832 item level will check later and edit if they updated it
    did some testing in dummy and after some time in practice reached 90k which is shown into my Re account




    and here is my log :

    1-https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nmyTgwLXzbrM6RvF/#type=damage-done&source=10 ( dummy log )
    2-https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Jx47jkBn8m9hM3Ny/#type=damage-done&boss=-3 ( HC log , ignore Coradana since was holding the light in place of the clueless tank

    read the Not guide and tried to the same ST rotation but this was the result , can you identify the problem in my dps and thanks in advance

  8. #8

    Anyone else having trouble with haste on Demonology?

    Hi, I've been playing a Demonology warlock in Legion and so far I've found the fact you summon loads of demons and buff them pretty fun, the artefact's cool but my problem is it seems to take forever and a day to cast spells, so by the time I've got enough Soulshards for Hand of Gul'dan it means having to resummon my hounds and then it gives me like a second or two to cast Consumption.

    Any demo locks got any solution as how to make it go faster? I seem to have such a large ramp up time but my haste is naturally really low. Yeah, sure I can stack haste gear but it means praying to the RNG Loa.

    So any advice?

  9. #9
    you will need a lot of haste to start a feel of a very good dps, below 25% its just wont very much satisfying as it is at higher level of haste, if you are rich you can buy crafted gear with haste, or just farm heroic dung until u get haste on every piece you have,
    haste is the magic word for demo locks...haste
    reason, because if you dont have enough demons up at a time and empowered, you wont get that amazing damage from TKC

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Killwa01 View Post
    you will need a lot of haste to start a feel of a very good dps, below 25% its just wont very much satisfying as it is at higher level of haste, if you are rich you can buy crafted gear with haste, or just farm heroic dung until u get haste on every piece you have,
    haste is the magic word for demo locks...haste
    reason, because if you dont have enough demons up at a time and empowered, you wont get that amazing damage from TKC
    The problem's getting kicked from heroic dungeons for not doing enough DPS. I'm only pulling about 70k at 110 with something like 811 gearing. I might consider buying some haste gear to speed myself up, it takes almost 2 seconds to fire off a demonbolt and get my hounds out.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    Any demo locks got any solution as how to make it go faster? I seem to have such a large ramp up time but my haste is naturally really low. Yeah, sure I can stack haste gear but it means praying to the RNG Loa.

    So any advice?
    Try Demonic Calling and Soul Conduit (3311*33). Not having Stalkers cost 2 shards as well as HoGs refunding them go a long way to bigger Implosions and bigger TKC, especially with lower haste.

    Go into as many pulls with max shards as possible, this usually means just capping shards and spamming SB on the final 1 or 2 mobs of a pack.... If you drop a 4 shard HoG on pack as tank pulls you can demonwrath another 2 waves of imps before you have to implosion. If you proc quick enough you can cast free Stalkers and empower for a juicy TKC before the implosion.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    The problem's getting kicked from heroic dungeons for not doing enough DPS. I'm only pulling about 70k at 110 with something like 811 gearing. I might consider buying some haste gear to speed myself up, it takes almost 2 seconds to fire off a demonbolt and get my hounds out.
    try running with ur guild, and tell them that u need all the haste off gear, also getting into RDF is a good thing, i removed 2 mythic titanforged rings, for heroic one just for the haste ones.

  13. #13
    i have a simple question. I'm 105 leveling atm, and testing evrey 3 specs on dummies and bosses. I know at 110 most ppl will say demo is the absolute number one, but atm I can't imagine it since, I do better numbers with destro every time. I have seen the ptr changes, so now, I'm not sure what spec should I use my Ap's / what should I choose(I'm like all 3 specs so it's completly on the results).

    Maybe it because my stats more of a destro stats than demo stats, I'm not completly sure about that.

  14. #14
    Dkwarrior,

    At 105 you are missing a lot of traits so the results are likely to be very different. Not to mention that the specs scale differently with gear. I have definitely seen a bigger jump with Demo as I have got more haste/traits/item levels than with the other two. However, with more practice of the redone spec I am probably playing slightly better/quicker as well. Curious that you say you have Destro rather than Demo stats as they are pretty much the same.

    Currently Demo does seem to have the highest possible single target non-movement DPS. However, it also has some significant weaknesses in target switching and with mobility. Of course it also depends on how well you are actually playing too.

    No one can tell you what to play and with the tuning pass coming up things will probably change again. For now I have put most in Destro as it the most flexible spec, some in Demo and I am saving all of my Artifact Power over 400 (though running out of space fast so will probably have to start using some of the smaller ones again).

    Don't have links at the moment but there's a couple of articles about how much you lose out by putting points into 2 specs and it's surprisingly insignificant.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Dkwarrior,

    At 105 you are missing a lot of traits so the results are likely to be very different. Not to mention that the specs scale differently with gear. I have definitely seen a bigger jump with Demo as I have got more haste/traits/item levels than with the other two. However, with more practice of the redone spec I am probably playing slightly better/quicker as well. Curious that you say you have Destro rather than Demo stats as they are pretty much the same.

    Currently Demo does seem to have the highest possible single target non-movement DPS. However, it also has some significant weaknesses in target switching and with mobility. Of course it also depends on how well you are actually playing too.

    No one can tell you what to play and with the tuning pass coming up things will probably change again. For now I have put most in Destro as it the most flexible spec, some in Demo and I am saving all of my Artifact Power over 400 (though running out of space fast so will probably have to start using some of the smaller ones again).

    Don't have links at the moment but there's a couple of articles about how much you lose out by putting points into 2 specs and it's surprisingly insignificant.
    Thanks for the answer. I'm still leveling, it was confusing to what to choose in this one, since I mae a few other pure dps classes to lvl 110 and there, the coice was clear, but here it's not. Yeah I just checke after I wrotet hat comment that the stats are the same

  16. #16
    Hello wise warlocks of MMO champion!

    Next week the raiding season is starting once again.
    Currently I'm playing Demo spec. I've seen Not's his guide/ read comments etc.
    But still have a question: wich stats are better for single target/swaps and general dps.


    http://imgur.com/a/Ezwn8

    Thanks for reading,

    Zhaliax

  17. #17
    Hello Everyone,
    ***
    * I am currently a Demonology warlock raiding with Invoke on Arthas that is currently pushing top 50 US progression guilds.* I consider myself to be a fairly competent raider and reliable warlock.* However, this expansion, more than any other, leaves me scratching my head.* Tonight at launch of the Emerald Dream we started with heroics first.* Like most raid leaders, they stressed the importance on mechanics and not DPS.* So for the first 9 attempts I was very low on damage taken and ranging from top 5 on damage done to 17; this number purely dictated by mechanics and positioning.* After 9 pulls I was removed along with another DPS.* I was told that my DPS was a bit too low.* I looked at logs and I admit that it can definitely approve which is why I'm here obvious.* I do think my damage taken was very professional and the way I handled mechanics was very good as well.* The reason I am here is because i have a feeling one of two things is wrong; my opening sequence, or itemization.* At the time the below logs were recorded and time I raided tonight my iLvL was 853.* After running some sims and changing it up I am currently sitting at 848, but sim higher than I did at 853.*
    ****
    However, after removing me and that other DPS they killed Nythenrda in 3 attempts; the first attempt should have been a kill, but the server crashed.* Then they went on to clear 3/7 Heroic. So clearly I feel like I am to blame to some degree and I can't accept that.* I was invited back for attempts on Elerethe Renfernal (ER).* During the time I had between the first and fourth boss I lowered my iLvL from 853 to 848 in favor of better itemization.* I still seemed to do poor DPS on ER.*
    ****
    I would GREATLY APPRECIATE any help from the community as I look to be the best I can be and continue to be apart of the top 100 US progression.*

    I am not allowed to post links yet because I have not posted enough, but I can send links to logs and the Armory upon request.

    **NOTE** I changed gear between Nythendra and ER.

    If there is any necessary information that I have left out PLEASE feel free to let me know.* I am looking to fix my mistakes and be ready for the rest of this full heroic clear starting tomorrow night.* Thanks again, guys!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, I have logs I can provide for a full normal clear we did tonight.

  18. #18
    I need some help. I feel as thou im doing my rotation to the best of my ability. We are currently progressing on H Ursoc. My talents are RB, Reverse Energy, DS, Eradication,Sac,and SC. Opener into my rotation is Basically.

    Per Cast Incinerate, Cast Chaos, Cast 2x Immolate, 2x conflag, Doomgraud, Portal 2x-3x, Cast Chaos, Conflag, Cast Chaos (if 2 shards), if not fill with Incinerate, Cast Immloate, Conflag, Cast Chaos, fill with Chaos/Incinerate ( depending on Procs of SC), Then 2x immolate, 2x conflag...... It repeats.

    I'm welcome to any advice. I will link the Warcraft Logs, this includes kills on N Cenaruis, N Xavruis, H Nyandra, and Wipes on Ursoc.

    warcraftlogs.com/reports/QLt8w7X4BrxkGAC1/#type=damage-done&source=20

    I cant post links so thats why the address is put like this.

  19. #19
    Hi, long time lurker, first time poster.
    Context: raided a lot in TBC and beginning of WotLK, started again a few weeks before Legion launch. I feel like I was a fairly competent raider with my class then but back then I feel it was a bit easier than now. Currently feeling a bit out of hand, but I got used to my class, just not to raiding environment yet.
    Playing on a macbook pro (late 2013, 2.4ghz Intel Core i5, 8 GB DDR3, graphics Intel Iris 1536).

    We went last night into normal EN with the guild, log is here: warcraftlogs.com/reports/7DAVq3k1CtJXzvhQ/#type=damage-done&fight=7. My warlock is Nevinyrall

    Dragons of Nightmare: BD, RE, Eradication, GoService, WH
    Ursoc: BD, RE, Eradication, GoService, SC
    Il'gynoth: BD, RE, FnB, GoService, SC (SC to push heart damage, WH would have probably been a better choice because of all the adds; FnB because we stacked the blobs to kill all of them together; Looking back, Eradication would have been better for heart damage, and GoSacrifice for the adds)
    Elerethe Renferal: BD, RE, Eradication, GoService, SC (Not exactly sure which talent would have been better to deal with adds, I think FnB but not sure)

    Now, I will note that I had above average latency last night (around 80-100), and below average FPS (30-40) than usual, but I can't really explain why my perf% is so low over most fights. Granted, this is my first time actually trying to read a parse, so I will need confirmation for this: is this a value that compares your dps with other warlocks of the same spec in the same iLvl range for that boss fight, am I understanding it correctly?

    I feel like I followed my rotation correctly, even though I did not have 100% uptime on Grimoire: Imp. I have TMW on my UI because I've been using it at the beginning in mythics to get the hang of each spec, but now I mostly use it to check up on shards and on CDS and as a general guideline to compare against my rotation.

    I can't figure out why there is so such a big difference in Perf% and DPS between me and the other warlock in the raid, even though I was like 2 or 3 iLvls above him (I was 844 at the time of the raid).
    The only fight where I beat him slightly was Ursoc, and that's because he was in one of the two soaking groups and I was mostly static the whole fight.
    I think he does have a bit more talent points in his destro artefact than me (I went for 16/16/16 and now pushing destro again), but it can't be more than 2 extra levels. That wouldn't explain the difference though.

    Thanks and looking forward to any feedback. I can provide any other info if necessary.

  20. #20

    Stats weight?

    Hi,

    Does anyone know the Stats weight for Demo and Destro? I currently look at Icy Veins and getting the values from there but are they up to date? Im using Pawn to see whats an upgrade for me.

    Destro:

    Intellect: 1.00
    Haste: 0.90
    Critical Strike: 0.82
    Versatility: 0.70
    Mastery: 0.66

    Demo:

    Haste: 1.15
    Intellect: 1.00
    Critical Strike: 0.75
    Mastery 0.72
    Versatility: 0.66

    Are those correct?

    There are also weights on another website called noxxic:

    Demo:
    Intellect [9.07] > Haste [7.57] > Crit [6.07] = Mastery [6.07] > Versatility [3.07]

    Destro:
    Intellect [9.02] > Haste [7.52] > Crit [6.02] > Versatility [4.52] > Mastery [3.02]
    Last edited by Lyvondria; 2016-09-22 at 01:05 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •