Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exeel View Post
    Having just finished our Odyn HC progress, I feel sad looking at the ilvl and normal rating for my lock.
    Timo.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&boss=-2

I am top of the dps chart, but 14 ilvl percentage!
    Maybe my rotation is bad, but I got that from in here, so I don't know

Is the logs skewed or am I doing bad?

/the sad warlock
    Some things i picked up (i only looked at the last pull),

The good:

- You have high immolate & havoc uptime
    - You chain your chaos bolts correctly
    - You don't waste soul shards or rifts

The bad:

- You have long periods of inactivity for no reason (not casting)
    - You sometimes use your conflag like you are playing with RB instead of backdraft (chain them back to back), it's important that you try to make full use of the backdraft effect.
    - You sometimes refresh your immolate even though it makes no apparent sense, for example the RB 2x immolate on pull.
    - You wasted a lot of potential havoc damage, casting while you don't have a havoc up even if you had the chance to have havoc up.

Tips:

- Don't cast havoc on the adds unless it's absolutely necessary, aka. they don't die in time without this, instead keep your havoc on either hymdall/hyrja in p1 and on odyn p2 100%. This will decrease the amount of "missed" havoc casts and allow you to do more total dps during the small adds face (boss + adds).
    - Try to avoid inactivity by pre planning your movements and keeping tools at hand which you can use while moving.
    - Try to pre plan your add dps during p2, you should open on hyrja/hymdall much faster and try to pool shards for these moments
    - Try to pool dimensional rifts for the BL if possible. You should have at least 1, preferably 2 or 3 for the BL, if possible. However be careful when you do this, so that you don't waste rifts.
    - Try to replace twisting wind (trinket). For example, almost any stat stick haste trinket at or above ilvl ~845 should provide more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    That's understandable that they will make no sense to you. I'm still thinking on the best way to help the greatest number of people without having to read every individual log (as there is too many). Give me a few hours and I will decide on a way forward and get your questions answered.

- - - Updated - - -

So this is a rough draft of the main issues people have with the Demo rotation and what they should focus on looking for and improving. If the parses are really low for their item level and kill time then it's very likely that they are having trouble with the majority of these points.

Comments very welcome. Have I forgotten anything? Have I made an error? I am only an average player myself however, I have read a lot of logs in my time. Now should I explain how people can check for these issues or leave it as is?

Lack of haste and/or weak or low level relics

Weak talent choices

Weak opener

Casting gaps: Poor positioning, moving too much, forgetting to cast, no Gateway or Circle use, not using Life tap/Demonwrath during unavoidable movement

Poor Life Tap use

Poor Doom uptime

Wasted Soul Shards

Casting Hand of Gul'dan on less than 4 Soul Shards

Missed Dreadstalker casts

Missed Doomguard casts

Missed Thal'kiel's Consumption (TKC) casts

Not enough pets out for TKC

Not using Doomguard for a TKC

Not using a pet and Legion Strike/Felstorms

Not combining summons when possible

Not using Demonic Empowerment (DE) after each summon (or double summon)

Low DE uptime

Missing enchants, gems, flask, potions x 2, food

Not syncing second potion with TKC (ideally do with two TKCs if using Prolonged Power), Doomguard, other cooldowns/buffs, Blood Lust/Heroism etc
    Thanks that is a really great list! I was just wondering what kind of uptimes specifically should I be looking for with Peungy and Traeradra Demonology Warlocks? I managed to track down some of those but I'm not sure what's reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Thanks that is a really great list! I was just wondering what kind of uptimes specifically should I be looking for with Peungy and Traeradra Demonology Warlocks? I managed to track down some of those but I'm not sure what's reasonable.
    If they are serious about improving tell them each to come post and I or someone else will help them. Seems silly to go through a third person especially if I put effort in and they aren't bothered about the log analysis.

For Demonic Empowerment falling off frequently that tends to imply there is too much movement, a lack of casting and/or just forgetting to cast DE after every summon (I can which are the relevant factors in the logs). Demo is extremely punished by movement and people if they want to do well need to learn how to minimise that and what to do when they have unavoidable movement.

Doom falling off can always be prevented though as the base DoT is an instant cast. So if it falls off (assuming the target is not out of range like on mythic dragons) and the target is not about to die that says again probably moving too much/lack of casting but that the DoT uptime also needs to be watched better.

Warcraft Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...r/20336406/10/
    Wow Progress: http://www.wowprogress.com/character...anis/Deadalize (Incase you need to know my gear)

My big problems that I'm having a hard time with currently.
    High movement fights, IE Odyn, I seem to drop a lot in dps. Fights with add cleave where the adds die super fast due to AOE.

I have only done a couple Trial bosses because I leveled this character a couple weeks ago for the guild and didn't want to be a complete carry. My best parses are from EN Heroic/Normal I will be stepping into some Mythic tonight, but I definitely have some improvements to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    ehm, did you forget to spec roaring blaze talent? your rotation belongs to this talent.
    Also i would recommend to take teleport talent.
    Yes, I found out after I forgot to switch that talent. So annoying, a lot of time wasted!

Quote Originally Posted by Vutk View Post
    Some things i picked up (i only looked at the last pull),

The good:

- You have high immolate & havoc uptime
    - You chain your chaos bolts correctly
    - You don't waste soul shards or rifts

The bad:

- You have long periods of inactivity for no reason (not casting)
    - You sometimes use your conflag like you are playing with RB instead of backdraft (chain them back to back), it's important that you try to make full use of the backdraft effect.
    - You sometimes refresh your immolate even though it makes no apparent sense, for example the RB 2x immolate on pull.
    - You wasted a lot of potential havoc damage, casting while you don't have a havoc up even if you had the chance to have havoc up.

Tips:

- Don't cast havoc on the adds unless it's absolutely necessary, aka. they don't die in time without this, instead keep your havoc on either hymdall/hyrja in p1 and on odyn p2 100%. This will decrease the amount of "missed" havoc casts and allow you to do more total dps during the small adds face (boss + adds).
    - Try to avoid inactivity by pre planning your movements and keeping tools at hand which you can use while moving.
    - Try to pre plan your add dps during p2, you should open on hyrja/hymdall much faster and try to pool shards for these moments
    - Try to pool dimensional rifts for the BL if possible. You should have at least 1, preferably 2 or 3 for the BL, if possible. However be careful when you do this, so that you don't waste rifts.
    - Try to replace twisting wind (trinket). For example, almost any stat stick haste trinket at or above ilvl ~845 should provide more dps.
    As Bib pointed out, I indeed thought I had RB on! So silly...

Inactivity must be due to struggling with mechanics. Trying to avoid them. I'll look into it!
    I feel shards on single target regenerate slowly. Which I guess makes sense, but darned it feels like long wait time for that 2 shard

I might have messed up, not applaying the Havoc at times. I try to do that always.
    One things I wonder, when on Odyn the adds with Runes spawn... I try and havoc one, dot 2-3 (sometimes all) with Immolate and then I get lots of shards.
    But is that overkill, should I only focus on 3 dots and then focus these down?
    Sometimes I might get an overflow of shards or wait too long (7 sec) with dps, due to dotting up?

I really need a replacement for Twisting Winds, I hear. But it's so hard to compare trinkets. Which is best.
    I guess this list can help me:
    http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/destruc...n-slot#sec-1-3

I need luck on J'im world boss, or run some Archways for Chrono Shard.

Pooling the Rifts is a good idea, I'm a little tunneled because Odyn still requires a lot of focus for me, but I'll try to keep this in mind.

Thanks a lot for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by exeel View Post
    I might have messed up, not applaying the Havoc at times. I try to do that always.
    One things I wonder, when on Odyn the adds with Runes spawn... I try and havoc one, dot 2-3 (sometimes all) with Immolate and then I get lots of shards.
    But is that overkill, should I only focus on 3 dots and then focus these down?
    Sometimes I might get an overflow of shards or wait too long (7 sec) with dps, due to dotting up?
    What i normally do is havoc odyn, inmolate 2 or 3 of them after they have just spawn (so they still have the shield up, since they're not in the rune) for shard generation, and then focus one and if there is a healer targeted by an add i always try to focus that add since it'll live longer.

Personally, I don't think havocing 1 add is worth, since they last (or atleast they should last) just for some seconds, plus the one you have havoc'ed might die before. I only would do this if the raid is lacking dmg on adds.

For your preogression, a tip for helya that has a similar case when she spawns the "breath adds" (I don't know thei english name), unless if your raid is lacking dmg on adds, what I usually do is havoc helya and inmolate the last 2 and focus the last one, since those are the ones that usually lives longer because melees tends to focus the ones taht are closer to the boss.

PD: May have some grammar errors :P

Deleted
    Ok. I need serious help.

I can't manage to keep over 250k on a boss for the whole fight in EN HC. It feels like I do everything right but it's just not happening.

Logs for a fight a while back https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...gY1J2Q#fight=7, Demonwarden are the one you should look at.

Profile @ armory = http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nwarden/simple

Only the legendary ring are the difference from then untill now. I have not been raiding with my lock since I feelt the dps was so low so I went balance for a time beeing in between.

I use the standard rotation from icy-veins and had trait 30 at that time.

Also I had 850, 855, and 865 relics all with the soul shard % return.

Anyone have any advice to give?!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonwarden View Post
    Ok. I need serious help.

I can't manage to keep over 250k on a boss for the whole fight in EN HC. It feels like I do everything right but it's just not happening.

Logs for a fight a while back https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...gY1J2Q#fight=7, Demonwarden are the one you should look at.

Profile @ armory = http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nwarden/simple

Only the legendary ring are the difference from then untill now. I have not been raiding with my lock since I feelt the dps was so low so I went balance for a time beeing in between.

I use the standard rotation from icy-veins and had trait 30 at that time.

Also I had 850, 855, and 865 relics all with the soul shard % return.

Anyone have any advice to give?!
    What I can see, is that on some bosses (cleave bosses), you should be using wreak havoc. Or if you going singel target, you should also use havoc to cleave, that would increase your dps on those bosses by a large amount.

Then, if we go to ST bosses (I've been watching ursoc), you cast Inmolate too often, from min 2+- to min 2:30, you casted it 5 times when it should be enough with 3 times, there is a point at the start of the BL, that you casted 4 times in a row. There's a point also where Inmolate was gone (between 1:45 and 2:00). ALso on pure ST, don't expect to top the meters as destruction warlock :P

Good thing, pretty nice soul shards managenent overall (not overcaping them).

TL;DR ---> Use Wreak Havoc/Havoc on cleave bosses, better tracking of inmolate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomognomo View Post
    What I can see, is that on some bosses (cleave bosses), you should be using wreak havoc. Or if you going singel target, you should also use havoc to cleave, that would increase your dps on those bosses by a large amount.

Then, if we go to ST bosses (I've been watching ursoc), you cast Inmolate too often, from min 2+- to min 2:30, you casted it 5 times when it should be enough with 3 times, there is a point at the start of the BL, that you casted 4 times in a row. There's a point also where Inmolate was gone (between 1:45 and 2:00). ALso on pure ST, don't expect to top the meters as destruction warlock :P

Good thing, pretty nice soul shards managenent overall (not overcaping them).

TL;DR ---> Use Wreak Havoc/Havoc on cleave bosses, better tracking of inmolate
    I will say your spot on, The havoc thing is also right. Is that what you can see that fuck my dps up or anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Demonwarden View Post
    I will say your spot on, The havoc thing is also right. Is that what you can see that fuck my dps up or anything else?
    Well, this is what i have seen. Could give you some tips about pre-boss planification also but are so general:
    -If you probably will have to move due a boss mechanic or something, save 1 charge of the rifts (2 incase you havent got the golden trait), and depending how long its de movement, you use conflag stack at the end.
    -Try to keep ur erradication debuff (i havent check the log about this one)
    -When there are some add spawn that have just stays for some seconds, like elerethe spiders, helya phase 1 slimes or mythic ursoc copy, prepare yourself for that stage by try to stay 3-4 shards, so when the add spawn, you just havoc boss, and burst them.
    -About havoc usage, unless there is lack of dmg on adds, for multiple adds (like those i just talked about) you want to havic the boss, otherwise the add you havoc'ed may die before --> less dps.

Hi all, wanted to ask your opinion about my affliction log since I do pretty low dps for my ilvl, gotta say tho I barely play it, since I main destruction, but i want to play it to be ready for the next patch just in case.

From the log:
    -I know i got a window of time taht i lost my syphon life.
    -What I do is keep dots, UA once if i reach 5 stacks of coumpounding horror, and if i have +3-4 shards and 3 stacks of reap, i reap and cast them all.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Compounding horror isn't worth UAing for, it does basically zero damage.

Also, UA doesn't snapshot anymore, so you can do a UA, UA, REAP, UA with 2 souls and get all the ticks covered by harvester. Next patch you'll also want to make sure you can channel malefic during that harvester for MAXIMUM.

More traits and less haste/more mastery. You also want to be playing contagion for single target, though the difference is tiny without the head.

Finally, screw you for getting that helya trinket.
    Last edited by Joryy; 2016-12-23 at 09:53 PM.

I could use some help. Given my current ilvl, my dps seems to be way underperforming and I'm not sure where the issue is. Here's a link to my gear and my guilds latest kills of both mythic Ursoc and heroic Guarm

Armory: http://www.wowprogress.com/character...hrezim/Shinsui

Ursoc kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Guarm https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

I really would like to know if its simply a gear issue, or something I'm doing wrong
    Shinsui- Nathrezim

destroing it up since prebc

Quote Originally Posted by Kaaous View Post
    Warcraft Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...r/20336406/10/
    Wow Progress: http://www.wowprogress.com/character...anis/Deadalize (Incase you need to know my gear)

My big problems that I'm having a hard time with currently.
    High movement fights, IE Odyn, I seem to drop a lot in dps. Fights with add cleave where the adds die super fast due to AOE.

I have only done a couple Trial bosses because I leveled this character a couple weeks ago for the guild and didn't want to be a complete carry. My best parses are from EN Heroic/Normal I will be stepping into some Mythic tonight, but I definitely have some improvements to do.
    Just wondering if there's any help for me lol. Thanks in advance

Hi all, wanted to ask your opinion about my affliction log since I do pretty low dps for my ilvl, gotta say tho I barely play it, since I main destruction, but i want to play it to be ready for the next patch just in case.

From the log:
    -I know i got a window of time taht i lost my syphon life.
    -What I do is keep dots, UA once if i reach 5 stacks of coumpounding horror, and if i have +3-4 shards and 3 stacks of reap, i reap and cast them all.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Using compunding horror to guide your UA casts is fine as long as you have 4-5 shards when you reach 2-3 reap stacks. As someone else also said with 2 stacks of reap its ua-ua-reap-ua-ua-ua. With 3 artifact stacks you can reap after the first one.

I disagree with his suggestion to go contagion on single target unless you have head+wrist. It is alot harder to execute without the shard regen you get from head and managing ua uptime+corruption on 2 targets isntead of just shard dumping for a theoretical 3-5 % dmg increase isnt viable if you dont play it perfectly.

I have the head and I do more dmg with AC builds than contagion single target (sims included).

Also, prolonged power x2 is useful for doing damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by esamzhalka View Post
    Hi guys,
    i switched to a warlock just before this xpac started, now there are few things that i should mention.
    i'm not doing that good compared to the other warlock in our guild, also im playing mostly affliction - 29 traits affliction, 29 destro and 22 demo.
    anyhow i would love to hear some suggestions on what i can improve for my affliction spec.
    gear, talents anything.

armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ttocs/advanced

recent log:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WfHmAc21dBXnhQ7y
    it seems that i did so bad on this one.

ToV logs - played both destro and affliction
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pyCHRB#fight=4

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...j#type=summary

let me if know if i need to add anything else.
    Looking at your Guarm kill as affliction:

Dropped agony twice on boss (1:00 and 1:57).

Used one potion.

Not waitin for 2 reap stacks until you shard dump (0.43)

Shard dumping outside of reap windows (3:52).

If you fix these things, your single target should go WAY up from what it currently is. You got really unlucky with reap stacks during hero, but as long as the first shard dump is within the prolonged power window you should see improvement.

I'm not a demo lock. I main destro but for Guarm I wanted to feel useful. I'm used to playing destro at 95+ percentile, so playing sub 70 is unacceptable to me. But I have limited experience with demo. I'd love it if someone would take a look at this Guarm kill and tell me where i've gone wrong. I have some ideas; but I want more eyes from people who know how to play the spec. Please, I mean no offence, but I only want competent people commenting who aren't just guessing but know for sure how i can improve a great deal, let's say those who are consistently 75percentile+ (which is a fairly low bar to set for competence but I'll take it given how little I play the spec) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Greatly appreciated!

WTB Affliction logs to analyze.

heya guys, just finished a EN pug and I'd like to hear some feedback
    reports/XCWkKcfdzM7HqD3w
    tried to run contagion on nythendra for the first time and I think I missplayed few times throughout encounters.
    I think my dps kinda sucks because I still have no urn to swap for that narraxas tongue and my artifact is only at 28 traits cuz I started legion in mid-november.

Quote Originally Posted by clayman View Post
    heya guys, just finished a EN pug and I'd like to hear some feedback
    reports/XCWkKcfdzM7HqD3w
    tried to run contagion on nythendra for the first time and I think I missplayed few times throughout encounters.
    I think my dps kinda sucks because I still have no urn to swap for that narraxas tongue and my artifact is only at 28 traits cuz I started legion in mid-november.
    Your ursoc kill looks very clean tbh. You used one shard at like 1.15 that you could have saved for an earlier 2. pot+artifact usage since you ended the fight with 3 seconds left of pot (ish) and artifact duration+2 stacks avaliable. You dont want to be sitting on recourses when the boss dies.

Ua dumping looks clean, artifact usage looks clean, but would have used the 2. pop earlier.
    Gj

Demo Warlock Help (With Logs)

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

We are a 7/7M guild with Odyn at 15% (5% away) and are really trying to push everyone to focus on individual improvement and always being better than you were last week. I am really wanting our lower/middle performers to get feedback and try some new things to push their gameplay.

Pokus is our demo lock and could use some detailed log review. Here is our logs from last night, Mythic EN clear and some pulls on M Odyn.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=28

Fights to focus on would be Odyn of course, and Il'gy/Xavius were low as well (lower than tank on Il'gy for the second week in a row...). I am looking for any tips, "rotational" especially, as well as talent choices and/or gear they should try to farm.

Again I really appreciate any advice. I will be linking them this thread so they can read your comments directly.

They are actually playing Destro on Odyn and without any good legendaries.

Pokus, have you tried GoServ there? Watch your Immolate and Havoc uptimes closer however often you also cast them too early wasting GCDs. Also look at Soul Shards a little better. Perhaps your UI needs an overhaul? Or its more of a lack of experience thing in making yourself look at the relevant info?

Don't forget Infernal.

Try to minimise movement/casting gaps. Could gate or circle be useful?

A few times you cast 3 rifts together so that tends to mean you were capped (or very close to being). Remember you also have the gold trait.

Try and use Backdraft to its maximum but that is harder if you have to move a lot.

Sync pot better with Infernal (ideally)/Doomguard and BL/hero (sometimes you did, sometimes not) and prepot if you want a nice start. Good luck.

I'll try and get to look at the demo stuff another day if no one beats me.

Disclamier: Always may be errors.