Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
LastLast
  1. #381
    Weird my old post was removed...

    Hi guys, I'm trying to get a hang of Aff lock rotation (MG/Contagion),

    however i can't seem to constantly hit my simdps in a patchwerk setting, against a dummy.
    Here's a fight log against a dummy: (Add in the www infront of the link)
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/MgZTFwr83nkf4c1X#fight=last&type=damage-done&source=1

    And here's a report of my simulated dps: (Add in the www infront of the link)
    raidbots.com/simbot/report/aRmCvFrjApiwpooyF6nD4X/simc

    More often than not, I'm not able to maintain that 80% uptime on Deadwind harvester,
    Usually hitting between 40-70% uptime on Deadwind Harvester only.
    Here's some example (scaled to 120secs):
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/nRBp4vr72VygWjNK/#fight=last&type=damage-done&source=1&start=924786&end=1044965
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/ztxC27h1W93QJmVp#type=damage-done&fight=last&source=1

    (Ignore my other logs, I'm still trying to do a proper rotation on patchwerk before being able to dps in raid environment)

    Another problem is, somehow even if I was able to hit my SimDPS. That'll only give me a whooping blue parse. Any idea where I might have gone wrong?
    (Nope i do not have the Netherlord ring legendary. I have Master Harvester/Powercords/Sacrolash/Prydaz/Pillars/KJ trinket)

  2. #382
    Hello,

    I was hoping somebody could help me. I am trying to improve and read threads/websites but I just feel I'm doing something wrong as my DPS is always low. I can work on fixing it but first I need to understand what it is that I need to correct.
    If somebody could take a look at the logs and point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bkXrdCy79GZDc3zY is a link to the overall logs. If you could look at Garothi Worldbreaker and Felhounds that would be great. I am the warlock named Glinkle.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...llidan/glinkle

    I have all the affliction legendary's except the Netherlord ring, affliction boots, and Prydazs.
    I do have 4 piece T20 however its ilvl ranges from 915 - 940
    I have 2 piece t21 now however can't wear 4p t20 and 2pc t21 because they overlap.

    I have a 910 Whispers in the dark trinket and 910 etheral urn as well.
    Last edited by glinkle; 2017-12-07 at 10:15 PM.

  3. #383
    Hey Guys,


    Just getting back into raiding from nighthold and I know while i was away AFF was the dps spec for tos but it seems with the fights in Throne would be perfect with Demo in my opinion. Anyway i'd like to know what i could do better to maximize my dps for my item lvl, I seem to get bad rng when it comes to getting gear in raid and i feel my mastery is to high while haste is to low. I can remedy this with a few more weeks farming normal. My concern is my rotation i went back to the same rot i used back in night hold but i fell flate on the dps meter. Now for the logs that im gonna link i changed to Power Trip from hand of gul and completely soup sandwiched casting doom so i know that will be on the list of mess ups. Anything else that can be reccomanded would be awesome.

    Many Thanks

    Chaos

    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...on/chaosshadow

  4. #384
    Hi,

    does anyone know how to find the 2piece Tier 21 proc in warcraftlogs? Trying to see how the other lock in my raid did about 60MM more dps with Unstable affliction on the same amount of cast and hits. Assuming he got luckier RNG, but can't find the event.

    Thanks
    Please do one thing on the forums, read the whole post first, form an opinion, and then state whether you agree or disagree.

  5. #385
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedevil View Post
    Hi,

    does anyone know how to find the 2piece Tier 21 proc in warcraftlogs? Trying to see how the other lock in my raid did about 60MM more dps with Unstable affliction on the same amount of cast and hits. Assuming he got luckier RNG, but can't find the event.

    Thanks
    Unless someone comes up with some crazy expression way to track it, there is no easy way, try and estimate it by adding all ticks over the course of a fight and then comparing it with the number of UA casts * 4 (ticks each UA) only problem is fatal echoes will mess with this estimation, but you should get an idea.

  6. #386
    Hey, so I am not quite happy with my dps on some encounters, I feel like I can manage to push more, but I am just not sure what I might be doing wrong, or if I am just not using the best leggo or got the best stats atm, any insight would be greatly appreciated, on any of the 4 kills if you don`t mind, or just pick 1 you thought I did horrible on for my gear, I am curious!

    Name is Demonizser

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qJG7CQnfdc98ZyrX/

  7. #387
    Hello fellow locks,

    I am simply wondering if my dps on mythic dogs is up to par with today's dps standards. I've gotten significantly better at dps as aff coming from demo but my logs suggest that i'm towards the bottom if you're looking at the parses for my item lvl. Is that due to other locks that have that fight on farm padding their meters or is it something i am doing wrong. My armory has me in my Mythic plus spec so that wont be any help, however the legos I use are the hood and pyraz for this fight due to stress on healers. spec wise for this fight i go WA,AC,DC,SH,DS,GSUP,SL. Based on the logs what am i missing besides more up time on agony for the fire dog during kite phase?

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

  8. #388
    @Chaoslock :
    Don't refer to the % for item lvl parse, it doesn't mean a anything (you can have big dps difference with the same ivl with perfect items/trait vs bad items/trait)
    Stuff:
    Play with the corru leg ring
    Use a stack stick trinket if possible.

    Gameplay :
    Maintain agony at all time, SL if possible but at a lower priority.
    Learn the fight, there are only 2 times where you need to be packed : the fear and the shadow ult.
    And with a cd you can survive the shadow ult alone.

    For UA, try to dump those with your trinket proc and always with reap up.
    Keep some reap and UA for Soul Harvest

  9. #389
    Hey Everyone

    I'm currently raiding mythic antorus as a Affliction lock. We're rather casual and in general raid is ok with my performance i think but i would still really like to improve. While i don't think i'm necessarily a bad player (well maybe i'm wrong there don't really know for sure) there's still big room for improvement.

    Our last Raid: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/abdYLy2Rjk3zMmHP

    The logs are from our Raid yesterday. We killed Heroic Antorus (not really interesting to me but if you want to look at it feel free. I currently concentrate on improving in mythic only since heroic is farm status anyway.) and the first 4 Bosses on Mythic. We're currently progressing on Hasabel and this was the first time we tried this encounter.

    I'm the warlock Animort.

    Up until now i read Loss of course and i watched some videos of Yipz on youtube. He did some good explaining on some of the boss fights on Mythic but i think i'm not quite there yet. I also look into the Warlock Discord from time to time.

    Would really apperciate your help!

    Thanks in Advance
    Last edited by Allenschezar; 2018-02-16 at 08:02 AM.

  10. #390
    I'm currently swapping mains from a feral druid to a affliction/demo lock, I am not sure what I am doing wrong, on some fights i have 40% parses on overs i have 70ish, I know it's only a normal run but I will attempt to get a heroic after reset.

    This is the most recent log I have atm I am Neugd https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/t8Yan9JMG1NdHj6z

    I've read the LOSS website for info, asked Xyronic & Thd for some tips, but can't be bugging them all the time. I'd appreciate any tips yall may have.

  11. #391
    Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    I'm currently swapping mains from a feral druid to a affliction/demo lock, I am not sure what I am doing wrong, on some fights i have 40% parses on overs i have 70ish, I know it's only a normal run but I will attempt to get a heroic after reset.

    This is the most recent log I have atm I am Neugd https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/t8Yan9JMG1NdHj6z

    I've read the LOSS website for info, asked Xyronic & Thd for some tips, but can't be bugging them all the time. I'd appreciate any tips yall may have.
    Overall on every (or almost every) fight not using the best talents, you cannot use the same talents the whole raid if you wish to excel as an Affy. There is little point reviewing fights where your talents are way off as when you change talents you change your gameplay so it's not really clear how you are trying to play.

    Garothi: Unclear drain cycles (for MG fights stick your log into Wowanalyzer), poor reap usage, weak use of SH, opener is off, if you are going to use Netherlord/DE then make sure you pot in execute and save a SH for then.

    Felhounds: MG and AC together ever is just ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Same as above if you are determined to use MG but is not a good pick on fights like this

    AHC: Talents. Need to see a lot more Drain sniping

    PKH: Same as AHC

    KG: Understand how the adds work and you will do a lot better

    So overall find the best talents to use from the logs and LOSS. Read the tips on how to do better.

    Do you have other leggos? As again you should be swapping on fights. Anyhow, find your best set ups for ST and and MT through simming.

  12. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Overall on every (or almost every) fight not using the best talents, you cannot use the same talents the whole raid if you wish to excel as an Affy. There is little point reviewing fights where your talents are way off as when you change talents you change your gameplay so it's not really clear how you are trying to play.

    Garothi: Unclear drain cycles (for MG fights stick your log into Wowanalyzer), poor reap usage, weak use of SH, opener is off, if you are going to use Netherlord/DE then make sure you pot in execute and save a SH for then.

    Felhounds: MG and AC together ever is just ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Same as above if you are determined to use MG but is not a good pick on fights like this

    AHC: Talents. Need to see a lot more Drain sniping

    PKH: Same as AHC

    KG: Understand how the adds work and you will do a lot better

    So overall find the best talents to use from the logs and LOSS. Read the tips on how to do better.

    Do you have other leggos? As again you should be swapping on fights. Anyhow, find your best set ups for ST and and MT through simming.
    Atm my leggos are all 3 belts, cloak, SoNL, and chest. I was trying to play demo but recently decided to go affliction too.

    Alright, I picked up inscription so I have no excuse about not changing talents i just need to stop being lazy there. Thank you.

  13. #393
    Guys, I'm an absolute scrub of a warlock and I'm tired of being at the bottom of the charts when I expect to be doing much better. I've just done a (NORMAL) Garothi -> Aggramar -> Argus pug and I've recorded the logs. Please don't pay attention to the Aggramar fight (I messed up and died). However, Garothi and Argus, I'd love some advice.

    I'm the only Warlock, named Steveogasm:

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings

    Could it be my stats? I'm currently at 34% crit, 24% haste and 102% Mastery.

  14. #394
    https://wowanalyzer.com/report/8ca4L...)/3-Steveogasm

    Get cleaner drain cycles and less of the dumping of one UA every 8ish secs. Work on Reap usage.

    Your stats are ok. Just find the best combo of the gear you have.

    Have you tried Siphon Life? Most people do better with it.

  15. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    https://wowanalyzer.com/report/8ca4L...)/3-Steveogasm

    Get cleaner drain cycles and less of the dumping of one UA every 8ish secs. Work on Reap usage.

    Your stats are ok. Just find the best combo of the gear you have.

    Have you tried Siphon Life? Most people do better with it.
    How do I better utilise UA instead of one every 8 secs? Guides tell me that I should cast it even if I have just one shard. Regarding Reap, there's a lot of times that I don't have any stacks, or very low stacks for it to be worth casting. Anything I can do about that?

  16. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRockett View Post
    How do I better utilise UA instead of one every 8 secs? Guides tell me that I should cast it even if I have just one shard. Regarding Reap, there's a lot of times that I don't have any stacks, or very low stacks for it to be worth casting. Anything I can do about that?
    http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Home Read all of the Affy section. There's also a link in there to the Lock Discord.

    Yes use UA if you only have one shard but that's not very common if you follow that rotation. Though you don't have helm yet or high haste so sometimes yes you will probably only be able to spend one.

    Reap is very much RNG. However, again if you only do drain cycles after you have refreshed DoTs in pandemic and not so close together you're a lot more likely to have more UAs in Reap. You always cast after UAs, even with one stack. Sounds like you are an Icy Veins reader.

    Drain as much as you can and especially during Reap to increase the chance of Rend procs. Tag adds (though that's a MT thing).

  17. #397
    I'm not sure if I'm executing the rotation/priority correctly, or it's my gear and/or talents that's holding me back.

    I can't post links to my armory and log. If anyone is interesting in helping me out, I'll have to PM the links.

  18. #398
    Hi,

    I wish there was a more comprehensive guide and information about Warlocks in the 70's and 80's. I have NEVER, since the beginning of this game, been dumped so many times for lack of dps numbers and it's not getting better, keeps getting worse, regardless of the suggestions made anywhere.

    It's the most ridiculous thing, and you can see it on a one on one PvE fight when it takes forever to take the mob down, and someone else comes by and takes half the time to get it done.

    Not to mention that now, I have no soul shards when the pet dies to get a new pet, and I get Shadow Locked ... when the mob is taking the group down ... and I get dumped ... for lack of dps!

    And this website, is ... ridiculous ... babies talking about gear looks instead of the bigger issues with the Warlocks in the game.

    I take exactly twice the amount of time to take a mob down as my Druid, in HEALING SETUP ... not even Balance! And no one here says anything?

  19. #399
    Quote Originally Posted by Uduwudu View Post
    Hi,

    I wish there was a more comprehensive guide and information about Warlocks in the 70's and 80's. I have NEVER, since the beginning of this game, been dumped so many times for lack of dps numbers and it's not getting better, keeps getting worse, regardless of the suggestions made anywhere.

    It's the most ridiculous thing, and you can see it on a one on one PvE fight when it takes forever to take the mob down, and someone else comes by and takes half the time to get it done.

    Not to mention that now, I have no soul shards when the pet dies to get a new pet, and I get Shadow Locked ... when the mob is taking the group down ... and I get dumped ... for lack of dps!

    And this website, is ... ridiculous ... babies talking about gear looks instead of the bigger issues with the Warlocks in the game.

    I take exactly twice the amount of time to take a mob down as my Druid, in HEALING SETUP ... not even Balance! And no one here says anything?
    Level 70-80? That's the thing it isn't balanced. Perhaps try another spec or even class.

    You're playing a gear and arty dependent DoT class. You are going to be poor in dungeons where stuff dies quick.

    For solo play make sure you Agony mobs, Drain on death, play around with the pet health funnel to see if it's better than letting it die. Infernal may help at 90 but I tend to think it may be worse than Voidy. Consider CC as appropriate to give you and your pet a break. Consider turning off auto taunt on your pet so you tank some and it takes some or just pull less.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2018-04-26 at 09:46 AM.

  20. #400
    Quote Originally Posted by Uduwudu View Post
    Hi,

    I wish there was a more comprehensive guide and information about Warlocks in the 70's and 80's. I have NEVER, since the beginning of this game, been dumped so many times for lack of dps numbers and it's not getting better, keeps getting worse, regardless of the suggestions made anywhere.

    It's the most ridiculous thing, and you can see it on a one on one PvE fight when it takes forever to take the mob down, and someone else comes by and takes half the time to get it done.

    Not to mention that now, I have no soul shards when the pet dies to get a new pet, and I get Shadow Locked ... when the mob is taking the group down ... and I get dumped ... for lack of dps!

    And this website, is ... ridiculous ... babies talking about gear looks instead of the bigger issues with the Warlocks in the game.

    I take exactly twice the amount of time to take a mob down as my Druid, in HEALING SETUP ... not even Balance! And no one here says anything?
    What spec and talents are you using? Apparently you've complained for months that Affliction is too slow to keep up in dungeons, but you haven't said what talents etc you're using.

    While I was leveling up, I dominated dungeons as Affliction using Haunt. Like, that's it. Haunt everything, it resets all the time, it does bonkers damage at lower levels, and you can just spam it. Snipe stuff with Unstable Affliction while it's on CD. Don't even bother dotting stuff unless it's a boss.

    Wait until max level to try the actual Affli playstyle of Drain Soul / Agony / Corruption etc.

    If you play Demo just spam Shadowflame/Implosion, and if you play Destro just focus on Conflag -> CB, rinse and repeat. For what it's worth, most caster specs can't keep up with faceroll melee in lower level dungeons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •