Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Go to the 'system' settings in WoW, subheading 'network'. There should be a check box in there for advanced combat logging.

Hey I just made this account to help my friend a hunter out with his DPS and notice mine isn't all that great either and felt I could make it fun by showing him with example that asking for outside help is one of the better ways to learn. What I know I REALLY need help with is eye of ilg as just from doing the fight I can feel/see myself not doing what I should/could be doing I this but I actually don't know what I should be doing. Also could use some help with cen.

Name: Sktßß
    Spec: destro
    Ilvl: 872
    Server: Illidan

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,

I feel like im performing okay but I'd like to do better. Could anyone take a look at my logs and give me some pointers and tips. I want to put my play into the next level.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=19

This was done on our EN run last night.

Thanks,

EDIT: I should mention that I believe my opener is *a bit messed up and im trying to improve it.
    Last edited by Meanwal; 2016-11-12 at 06:27 PM.

Hello,

I really am at a loss, what I can do to improve my DPS. I feel like I know what to do quite well, but I am constantly parsing quite low.

This is me:

Calandran on EU-Ambossar (not allowed to post links, but you can find me on warcraftlogs)

Do you have any advice?

Especially single target I am unable to break 300k DPS and have no idea what to do to improve?

Any help is really appreciated.

Deleted
    Hi guys!
    My DPS is downright lowest in my guild most of the time, a frustrating feat since my single target damage last tier was actually good and best in my guild....
    I should mention I play Destruction on all fights because somehow my performance has been bad on the entire class, especially since 7.0 dropped.
    My investigations so far have concluded I A: Am itemised poorly or downright shitty. B: I need to work on my casting-and-moving because as it turns out my casts per minute might be a bit low. (Could use some double checks), Oh and last week I fat-fingered Doomlord instead of Infernals on pull/Lust with M Ursoc and dropped a good 20k dps over the whole fight.

Long story short, are there any things I need to be doing that I haven't been that are absolutely necessary for a decent DPS? If it is itemisation, how badly do I need to focus on getting more Haste? And if it's anything else, what can I do to improve?
    I'm not allowed to post any links yet because of course I should've known better than to merely lurk around here. But you can find me on Warcraftlogs, Beckibombs - Zul'jin
    Last edited by mmoc20c8c4efb9; 2016-11-13 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre73 View Post
    Hello,

I really am at a loss, what I can do to improve my DPS. I feel like I know what to do quite well, but I am constantly parsing quite low.

This is me:

Calandran on EU-Ambossar (not allowed to post links, but you can find me on warcraftlogs)

Do you have any advice?

Especially single target I am unable to break 300k DPS and have no idea what to do to improve?

Any help is really appreciated.
    Hi Calandran,

Nythendra is a tricky fight because of how random it is with movement. Some pulls might be great, some might be awful. With that said, here are a couple of things I noticed:
    1) You aren't using your infernal during lust? Lord of flames is a powerful trait and will deal almost 3x as much damage as a doomguard for the same GCD, once per fight. That alone will make a significant different to your dps.
    2) Not sure what neck enchant you have, but for single target I believe Mark of the Hidden Satyr is best. It does around 2.5 million for me on Nythendra.
    3) Use your demonic circle and/or burning rush to make moving with rot or infested mind much faster.
    4) If there are large groups of MCs, you can bank shards and drop Rain of Fire, it's good for the team and good for your dps.
    5) As much as possible, hold your instant cast spells for potential movement. So after heroism (where you should use all three dimensional rifts), hold 1 charge of dimensional rift and even backdraft where sensible. Helps a lot, but your mileage will vary with each pull.

Hey everyone. I loved WoD Demo, stopped playing him after the rework. Recently felt the urge to play warlock again so leveled another one, focusing on destruction (though i intend on giving demo another chance). Dinged 110 a few days ago and did a normal EN run, and would like some advice on where to improve (outside the use of consumables, enchants etc, i just didn't feel the need to do that for a random no stress normal on a newly leveled still-gearing alt lol)

I went with a fixed talent build for the whole raid though i do know that's bad (example wreak havoc on normal ursoc = useless), feel free to suggest talents but I'm looking more towards stuff like "cast more / less incinerate, refresh immolate sooner / later" etc, this kinda stuff, you know? Something kinda like Check My WoW would be awesome, but unfortunately it doesn't work for locks yet i think.

I uploaded the logs for the entire raid (though for some reason, nynthrenda isn't showing up) at warcraftlogs but i cant post the link because this is a new account, so if you could, please look for: iucifer-gallywix , destro lock. If you need any more info lemme know, this is my first time doing this :P

thank you very much in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Auracle View Post
    Hi Calandran,

Nythendra is a tricky fight because of how random it is with movement. Some pulls might be great, some might be awful. With that said, here are a couple of things I noticed:
    1) You aren't using your infernal during lust? Lord of flames is a powerful trait and will deal almost 3x as much damage as a doomguard for the same GCD, once per fight. That alone will make a significant different to your dps.
    2) Not sure what neck enchant you have, but for single target I believe Mark of the Hidden Satyr is best. It does around 2.5 million for me on Nythendra.
    3) Use your demonic circle and/or burning rush to make moving with rot or infested mind much faster.
    4) If there are large groups of MCs, you can bank shards and drop Rain of Fire, it's good for the team and good for your dps.
    5) As much as possible, hold your instant cast spells for potential movement. So after heroism (where you should use all three dimensional rifts), hold 1 charge of dimensional rift and even backdraft where sensible. Helps a lot, but your mileage will vary with each pull.
    Hi Auracle,

thank you, for your Feedback, really appreciated!

1) Yeah, I read somewhere, that with the recent buffs to the Doomguard he should be the Pet of choice for single target. Never analyzed it, though. Will try it.
    2) I am using mark of the claw. I know of the recommendation for Hidden Satyr, but as far as I have heard, with increasing item levels and itemization, the stat enhancing ones should pull ahead? If Satyr is still the go to enchant, I will Switch.
    3) I already try it but have not fund the best strategy for this. In case of Nythendra I will probably place a demonic circle at the edge of the area to place rot away from the raid faster. This will additionally benefit the raid because I do not have to pass other members. However, what I found annoying is, that sometimes, my target place for demonic circle is already occupied by a pool of rot, so that I can not use the teleport.
    4) I already do that on mythic Nythendra. We have not downed her yet, but I suppose we will, this evening.
    5) I also do that already, if possible. It seems, I am still moving to much and loosing a ton of DPS while doing so.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I will try to improve.

Regards,

Calandran

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre73 View Post
    Hi Auracle,

thank you, for your Feedback, really appreciated!

1) Yeah, I read somewhere, that with the recent buffs to the Doomguard he should be the Pet of choice for single target. Never analyzed it, though. Will try it.
    2) I am using mark of the claw. I know of the recommendation for Hidden Satyr, but as far as I have heard, with increasing item levels and itemization, the stat enhancing ones should pull ahead? If Satyr is still the go to enchant, I will Switch.
    3) I already try it but have not fund the best strategy for this. In case of Nythendra I will probably place a demonic circle at the edge of the area to place rot away from the raid faster. This will additionally benefit the raid because I do not have to pass other members. However, what I found annoying is, that sometimes, my target place for demonic circle is already occupied by a pool of rot, so that I can not use the teleport.
    4) I already do that on mythic Nythendra. We have not downed her yet, but I suppose we will, this evening.
    5) I also do that already, if possible. It seems, I am still moving to much and loosing a ton of DPS while doing so.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I will try to improve.

Regards,

Calandran
    No problem at all, happy to help.

1) I think that might be applicable only when using Grimoire of Supremacy? I dont believe the 18% flat buff to doombolt would eclipse the benefit of Lord of Flames and render the gold trait useless.
    2) I have no idea here, so use your best judgement
    3) what I normally do is place my circle in the area that my raid designates to keep clear for phase 2, usually behind the boss. Then I use it to move quickly to a safe spot during p2, and also after any times I am MC'd. If it's the latter, I then just run back into position.

Good luck downing Nythendra!

Hey guys, if anyone could take a bit of time to sift through these logs and tell me what I'm doing wrong that would be great. I just seem to be doing worse and worse in my bracket percents and have no idea what I'm doing wrong with my rotations. I've been reading my logs for 2 months now and I've found no solutions to what I'm doing wrong for either spec.

If I'm not even getting into the 40% bracket then I'm clearly doing something stupid wrong. If anyone can call me an idiot and point to what I'm missing that would be great. Or someone pleassseeeeee tell me it's my super shitty legendaries just inflating my ilvl.

Here's my logs from tonight:
    warcraftlogs(dot)com/reports/wZTn4yv6cqWMBdX3/#view=rankings

Thanks

7+ Year Old Account
    Hello everyone,
    This is the first xpac that I haven't had a toon that can smash meters be it dps or healing (well what i call smashing meters). I am really struggling with playing destro. I've asked around my server and reddit to help make some changes to how I play and its getting better, but I am seriously struggling on heavy movement fights like the Spider boss and Cenarius in Heroic Nightmare. I know I need to move more of my mastery into haste and balance out my stats. Can someone take a look at my logs from last night and give me a few ideas of how to boost my dps on those heavy movement fights. My toon's name is Takima. Thanks.

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/VfbDr8GhJjwxP2BH/

Deleted
    @Tristana, very low Havoc usage. If not specced into Wreak Havoc, do it on Cleave fights like, Xavius, Cenarius, Illgynoth, Dragons. Shadowburn is crap, take Backdraft. Use Infernal instead of Doomguard on BL if you have Lord of Flames (the gold trait). You allowed to drop Immolate on Cenarius many times. Unfortunately you dont have advanced logs so its kinda hard to say about shards usage.

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...r/19076095/10/

Hello! Returning raider from MoP. Destruction has changed alot and I've been having some troubles. I'm doing better DPS by every fight but I would like some help to improve myself!

Also: on cleave fights, how much of a impact would the legendary bracers make?

Jonxd @ Ragnaros EU

Sorry, I thought I would post this here instead of creating a new thread as it is kinda on topic.

I have Mythic: Elereth on farm at the moment and I am trying to improve my damage on this encounter.

I look at logs and watch videos of Destruction Warlocks on top of all of that movement, they still manage to maintain pretty competitive damage.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../10/#boss=1876

As you can see by my logs, I am doing awful. All of the movement just shits on my sustained damage. I am just wondering what tricks you guys do? I know primarily it is a single target encounter with the opportunity to cleave the baby spiders for a CB or two. I feel like I understand the encounter and know how I can improve my damage, but I can't seem to crawl back up after a platform change.

Hey all, I could use some help myself. We just killed mythic ursoc barely with me doing more dps than I've done before, but ranking wise, my dps is still in the 10% rankings, and I"m not sure why. Here's the latest log of our Ursoc kill tonight https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Shinsui- Nathrezim

destroing it up since prebc

Quote Originally Posted by RiainED View Post
    Sorry, I thought I would post this here instead of creating a new thread as it is kinda on topic.

I have Mythic: Elereth on farm at the moment and I am trying to improve my damage on this encounter.

I look at logs and watch videos of Destruction Warlocks on top of all of that movement, they still manage to maintain pretty competitive damage.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../10/#boss=1876

As you can see by my logs, I am doing awful. All of the movement just shits on my sustained damage. I am just wondering what tricks you guys do? I know primarily it is a single target encounter with the opportunity to cleave the baby spiders for a CB or two. I feel like I understand the encounter and know how I can improve my damage, but I can't seem to crawl back up after a platform change.
    Hi Riain,

I dont have any amazing thoughts, I'm sorry. Things that I do (mid 80 to mid 90s parses, destro, shit legendaries) , which might help:
    1) Demonic circle down in mid and used for every feeding time.
    2) Get a feather to move between platforms (ask your RL, since you're a low mobility class and there should be plenty)
    3) Bank instants (rifts, conflag, even RoF) for the Gathering Clouds pushback
    4) Treat it as a single target fight, so ST spec (I run service/Conduit) and trinks if available.
    5) Make sure you have Lord of Flames and 2nd pot for hero on p2

It's pretty dependent on what debuffs you get and how your raid handles them, plus what your raid's strat is for positioning. Try to plan your movement and be positioned ahead of time wherever possible, and re-place your demonic circle on 2nd platform for the feeding times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kozya View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...r/19076095/10/

Hello! Returning raider from MoP. Destruction has changed alot and I've been having some troubles. I'm doing better DPS by every fight but I would like some help to improve myself!

Also: on cleave fights, how much of a impact would the legendary bracers make?

Jonxd @ Ragnaros EU
    Bracers legendary: Normally about 10%. If you look at the dragons log, your co-lock did an additional 9.57% damage from the cleaved chaos bolts from the bracers.

Regarding improvement, it's difficult to give general advice across all encounters, since so much is variable. You'll struggle to push higher parses on cleave fights if your raid is strong, geared and annihilating adds. Destro's DPS is stupid with cleave, and pretty poor without.

Hi everyone!

Long time lock main, normally used to doing very well in parses. Mostly 80s and a few 90s percentile logs from previous tiers. We are currently up to progressing on cenarius (no logs yet) but my personal performance has been absolutely abysmal. I'm now parsing in the 30s percentile on most fights. My raid lead wants both our locks to focus on priority damage on bosses or important adds, and to not worry about meters too much, but I still feel like I'm way behind. Admittedly, I have much less time now, only really logging in for raids and I'm a good 10 ilvl below most of my raid team. If anyone can help me go through my logs and figure out where I'm dropping the ball, I would really appreciate that.

Most recent guild logs:
    warcraftlogs(dot)com/reports/83x4B2bYnmQDFdAV

I love talking theory and working out the little details. Please help me keep the warlock dream alive!

[adjusted the log urls since I can't post links yet]
    Last edited by Jimbawa; 2016-11-23 at 08:31 PM.

Hey guys,

So i was affliction for last night raid but we wiped all progression tries! i had to switch to destro since aff has low damage before all the ads start appearing!

i'm going to go destro from now on and have affliction as my mythic + spec!

im going to link my logs and gear and would appreticate advice for destro on helya also here is my artifact traits aswell!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=5

http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/ravencrest/Elmuniai/

I also have the court of stars trinket and the swarm trinket from nythendra at both 860! but askmrobot adviced me to use this setup! let me know if the armory shows affliction instead of destro!

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...Ey8BMxATMgFUsB

For the fight i used destro i had http://www.wowhead.com/item=137485 equip and http://www.wowhead.com/item=137419/c...ard&bonus=1826 860

i also have http://www.wowhead.com/item=141482/u...=3466#comments

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...crest/Elmuniai

Thank you so much!!!

Deleted
    Hi guys.

So I play destruction warlock, and have 880 ilevel. I feel like I have my cleave rotation up and running, however it feels like, on single target fights I seem to plummet my dps.

I have linked a log from Odyn HC, where we get out second kill :-)

Hope you guys can help

Logs:
    warcraftlogs dot com/reports/6Lw91fBqMvaQdtKZ/#type=damage-done&source=7&fight=3
    Armory:
    eu dot battle dot net/wow/en/character/Tarren-mill/Lakeretgulv/advanced
    Last edited by mmocad991bab23; 2016-11-25 at 10:44 AM.

Hi guys,
    i switched to a warlock just before this xpac started, now there are few things that i should mention.
    i'm not doing that good compared to the other warlock in our guild, also im playing mostly affliction - 29 traits affliction, 29 destro and 22 demo.
    anyhow i would love to hear some suggestions on what i can improve for my affliction spec.
    gear, talents anything.

armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ttocs/advanced

recent log:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WfHmAc21dBXnhQ7y
    it seems that i did so bad on this one.

ToV logs - played both destro and affliction
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pyCHRB#fight=4

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...j#type=summary

let me if know if i need to add anything else.