Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    What spec and talents are you using? Apparently you've complained for months that Affliction is too slow to keep up in dungeons, but you haven't said what talents etc you're using.
    Tried Affliction and doing Demonology right now ... at 92.

Serious issues on Demonology ... Felguard will not make it through one mob ... wolf is halfway and Felguard is dead, and after I heal him full he barely makes it to the end of the fight. The Void is supposed to be a tank, and is taking the exact same amount of damage as the Felguard ... one full heal and still won't quite make it to the end of the fight.

Worse ... is the situation with the Soul Shards ... you have none and that means you will be out of pet until you are dead.

I'm scared poop'less of playing Affliction after the harsh experiences and getting bumped off 4 times in a row from instances (like it really mattered to some folks PL'ing themselves!) and the damage was impossible ... Agony, Corruption and Drain mob ... and you done 9% and the tank has 27% and the 2nd dps has 25% ... no one, NO ONE ... in this game will want you in the group ... and all the stuff I see here is about folks worried about the colour of their diapers with the new expansion ... it's insane and bizarre ... or Blizzard is making sure no one EVER levels any more characters so they can sell their character upgrades for their Jacksons!

While I was leveling up, I dominated dungeons as Affliction using Haunt. Like, that's it. Haunt everything, it resets all the time, it does bonkers damage at lower levels, and you can just spam it. Snipe stuff with Unstable Affliction while it's on CD. Don't even bother dotting stuff unless it's a boss.
    And that was one strategy that got me bumped twice ... too long and not enough damage, and the tank once even asked if I was playing the character at all!

Wait until max level to try the actual Affli playstyle of Drain Soul / Agony / Corruption etc.
    No way ... my 930 gear with several Mythics under his belt (Moshkiae) is retired and I'm not touching it, until a website like this addresses the issue and gets Blizzard to address some of the class bs they have created. It's all about the melee dps now, and how the DH can do so much damage, and all else is worthless. And casters are getting hurt and probably will be phased out of the game altogether if this continues ... squishies have no defense for the hits! I got tired of taking one hit on Moshkiae in Argus and no way to get out of it. That I ended up playing another one was surprising, and I hoped that there were not similar issues at lower levels, but it started at level 60 or so ... the damage disparity is insane, bizarre, stupid and should be addressed unless Blizzard states that they are killing that part of the game.

If you play Demo just spam Shadowflame/Implosion, and if you play Destro just focus on Conflag -> CB, rinse and repeat. For what it's worth, most caster specs can't keep up with faceroll melee in lower level dungeons.
    And Blizzard allows them to get thrown off a group ... I do not see the smarts in that theory or the crafting ... maybe I need to talk about diapers a little more!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

A couple more things.

History has not been kind to Warlocks and I think that this character is about to die just like the BARD did in EQ. Basically it had some abilities that were nerf'd and controlled until their effectiveness and ability was essentially destroyed.

The situation, is playable, but difficult at 92 (and has been since level 70!) from the moment that the Garrison is created. It looks like the mobs have gotten a bump to double the hit points and your character did not get any appreciable improvements to handle it. This is coupled with some rather bizarre things ... for example ... on the Felguard (Demonology) if you use Demonic Empowerment, your pet does a wee bit more damage ... but also takes EXACTLY the same amount of damage, and you better be ready to heal your pet before it's over. The same thing with the Felguard's Felstorm ... he is taking what seems to be exactly the same amount of damage as he does to the mobs around him.

The Soul Shards situation is very scary. Since the fights are longer, your ability to reload and gain Soul Shards is not there. Thus, when you are getting lower on mana and you use your ability to gain mana, you will be in trouble, because you can not pull a pet (no Soul Shards) and if there are two mobs ... you are done.

I'm worried about even considering trying this on my 930+ Warlock with Mythics on his back, only to find out that many groups do not want Warlocks with them. They do not do enough damage, and I have been told that! Again, the problem is the situation with the DoT's that are spread out way too much and do not do enough damage to compare to the first 2 folks listed on Recount (or whichever utility is used).

Too much of the numbers, that says we do so much damage, is strictly about the DUMMIES and not the real fights. When you have to do a defensive move, like you do to heal your pet as an example, you are losing precious DPS, and this is one of the things that is hurting a lot of fights these days in various instances. You can not "stop" the flow of dps, like the tank and the next dps player is doing ... and in your case you have to. Likewise, when you heal your pet, the mob is doing Criticals at an insane rate, thus taking you twice as long to heal your pet, and continue your dps play! No one is seeing this ... kinda weird as it is so damn obvious!

I do not have an answer, and I miss the old days when BARDS in EQ were setting an insane standard for what they could do, which caused Sony to start tempering down the BARD to numbers on a spreadsheet/database, and not allow them to do any more or better. I'm actually OK on that with one exception. They killed the BARD and destroyed what was one of the most incredible designs of characters in any game ... and the Warlock, for me, was second, since its Banish, and other abilities were so different from anyone else.

It's all gone, and time has changed, and everyone is playing a second character, like a DH and they would not bother with a Warlock or Mage ... too frustrating to play compared to the amount of damage that a DH can do, which is more fun to watch!

And worse of all, a website like this, caters to children for the most part. It's just amazing that they are worried about the diapers and socks on the new models, and not on the character's abilities and spread of damage and how the spells are utilized at this time, which will likely change, but it also gives you a better idea of how the class is going to change yet again, and lose even more of its effectiveness, because the attention span is not on what is needed to improve the class ... it's on the things that are meaningless to the class ... just makeup and lipstick for the character!
    Last edited by Uduwudu; 2018-04-28 at 04:33 PM.

That's some post Uduwudu.

I am not going to comment on levelling or even gear when you first hit max level as the game is not balanced around that. Once you start getting gear both Affy and Demo are excellent scalers and will come into their own (at least on the fights they are good at). However, neither of those specs are truly good with burst damage and true speed running so do not expect to excel in heroics or mythic 0.

Just to being I don't bother healing my pet. It rarely dies (more so on Skittish naturally) and in a dungeon you should be drowning in shards and it's easy enough to resummon.

If you are doing mythic dungeons and raid bosses suitable for your 930 gear level and are not one of the highest as Affy on DPS and able to survive pretty darn well most of the time then I believe you should look a lot more closer at yourself rather than blaming the spec. Affy is one the most OP specs in game in both terms of damage and its self healing both in raids and in a decent level mythic + so we are also one of the most sought after specs (it can be quite different if you play Demo or Destro and try to pug).

We have insane healing that takes a lot of pressure from the healer (s), absorbs, 2 defensive cooldowns and then possibly Avoidance and/or Prydaz to compliment that. Of course sometimes we get one shot (I am talking really high M+) but sometimes you can also prepare better and pop a CD or LOS etc. In raids, I struggle to think of any ability that would kill me that wouldn't kill another ranged player (except if they use an immunity). To be honest if you're one shot on a raid boss then you have usually either failed, someone else gone wrong and killed you or your healers didn't top you off for a mechanic and you were moving so couldn't sort yourself.

I would suggest you take a long objective look at yourself if you keep having these negative experiences constantly (at 110) while a very high majority of us are all excelling as Affy.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeySquad View Post
    That's some post Uduwudu.

I am not going to comment on levelling or even gear when you first hit max level as the game is not balanced around that. Once you start getting gear both Affy and Demo are excellent scalers and will come into their own (at least on the fights they are good at). However, neither of those specs are truly good with burst damage and true speed running so do not expect to excel in heroics or mythic 0.
    I'm less afraid of the high level than I am of the lower levels and Blizzard, seemingly, intentionally killing and dismantle the game at the mid level area. When they combined the 70's and 80's into just about the same thing, they messed up a whole bunch of things ... 1) Tailoring ... if you chose the wrong one, you won't get the Embersilk Cloth, and you will need to get someone in your guild to go farm them ... you'll need about 700/800 pieces altogether . 2) The dungeon thing is out of line. If someone fails to click on it, it says you are back to the front ... instead if you look at the dungeon button, it says 0/1, 0/1 and 1/3 ... which means that you were sent to the BACK of the list, not the front ... the front of the list would have the same other players that clicked ... and I bet Blizzard will tell you that this is in error and not true, which is a LIE, because waiting 40 minutes for a dungeon spot is out of line, and it NEVER EVER was like that in the 60's when you went to Hellfire, the 70's when you went to the Tundra and the 80's when you went to Pandaria. The combined thing of the 60's and 70's might have done something or other, but the end results were not tested and worked correctly, and Blizzard is not even considering/caring making sure that the Dungeon LFR is working right ... it appears the number of errors is out of line. 3) The gear situation is out of kilter with the mobs in the 70's and 80's and is really bad. When you first get to it, at the start you can not take a mob down efficiently and have to fight like crazy to get it done. I don't always mind that as it teaches you how to play your character, but 10 levels later it is just as bad and worse, one begins to wonder. 4) As mentioned above, the pets in Demonology are taking what appears to be -- if the past is any indication -- twice as much damage as they should, and it looks like Felblade/Demonic Empowerment are doing the REVERSE of what they are supposed to do. 5) The Warlock in Demonology is spending an inordinate amount of time healing his/her pet. This is malicious and hurtful in the all important "dps" on any fight and specially dungeon. 6) BLIZZARD is allowing morons to dump players off their "group" in instances, when it is not the player's fault that something is wrong with the state of the character ... I have had, in the past with my Main Warlock (Moshkiae - Draka), maybe ... MAYBE ... heal the pet once or twice in a long fight. At 92/93, I'm healing the pet TWICE with a same level regular mob ... never mind what will happen with a named or a boss. At 92/93, for example, I can not take down the Tusk Elephant at all so far, as the DoT's are too small, and the Fears cast by Tusker, prevent you from doing anything, including healing your pet ... my pet has died (both Felguard or Void!!!!!) before the fight has gone 25%. That is a pretty damn good indication that the class has been broken and destroyed at that level, and how the fudge do you or anyone else, think that it will improve at higher levels, when you get frustrated and quit the character because of lack of dps and ability to over come it?

Just to being I don't bother healing my pet. It rarely dies (more so on Skittish naturally) and in a dungeon you should be drowning in shards and it's easy enough to resummon.
    Same ... however the majority of the problem is in regular play, and of course, you getting bumped from groups because you are healing your pet and not doing damage ... or as one group leader said ... this is a dps race ... and fight was over and I got bumped ... 9% only! Pet died once, was able bring another one up by not using Hand of Gul'dan (I stretched it as I could). Still got bumped!

If you are doing mythic dungeons and raid bosses suitable for your 930 gear level and are not one of the highest as Affy on DPS and able to survive pretty darn well most of the time then I believe you should look a lot more closer at yourself rather than blaming the spec. Affy is one the most OP specs in game in both terms of damage and its self healing both in raids and in a decent level mythic + so we are also one of the most sought after specs (it can be quite different if you play Demo or Destro and try to pug).
    Again, you have to think with the whole game in mind. How are you going to keep a player in the game, when he/she is getting dumped around because the class he/she is playing is simply destroyed and not "balanced", because the game does not give a damn about "balance" anymore and has not for many years, probably since the inception of the Death Knight, that was not "balanced" compared to the other characters in the game! The last decent balancing that the game did was the Paladin/Shaman thing some 10 years ago or more ... Horde had Shamans and Alliance had Paladins only ... and when they added an expansion the Paladin was on both sides as was the Shaman. They were exactly the same every number except, supposedly, the racials, which were not "effective" at that time, and were an illusion and everyone's numbers showed it.

I'm less afraid of playing the high level Moshkiae, than I am the lower levels ... however, the last time I did a Mythic, Moshkiae had a 9% DPS and was listed at 16th according to Recount, and I had the same keystrokes as another Warlock that was at 13% which I think had to do with better gear than it might my play. I did have to heal my pet several times, and I can not say, or noticed that it was more than at any other time.

I would suggest you take a long objective look at yourself if you keep having these negative experiences constantly (at 110) while a very high majority of us are all excelling as Affy.
    You do not think that these postings are about that to find out more about it all? The problem is that just about everyone here is not playing their Warlock as main anymore and the information about different levels is being ignored and not mentioned and addressed.

The harsh part of that is, as history has shown with EQ and now Blizzard, that this is how they hurt their game ... by destroying parts of it, instead of cleaning it up ... supposedly as an excuse to make changes to a different engine, or some sort of different transmission, and more than likely some sort of leadership issue with their developers' management, which was not addressed properly (or tested) and it should result in consequences, including an apology, and an immediate fix.

I do not think that making the mobs automatically weaker is the issue ... but a serious look at the lack of numbers and the incredible amount of keystrokes that one has to do to take a mob down (my Druid/Balance does it with half the number of strokes ... AND GET THIS .... my Druid Healer does it twice better than the Warlock with less strokes ... telling you that the DoT's are working correctly on that character and that the Warlock has not been fixed and is (in fact) being completely ignored!

And that is a good reason to think that it will get better in the higher level when the next expansion shows up?

The new characters will be strong and this and that for 3 months, then get a nerf to "adjust some", and some of the older characters will also get nerf'd ... how much you want to bet that the DH will lose about 10% of its current effectiveness? They have done this for the last 10 years ... and they do not know, or have any idea ... how to "balance" anything in this game ... it simply has gotten too big and too much of the spaghetti code to try and fix anything ... I have not met too many code artists that are good at fixing things ... their way is to dump the old and use the new ... period! Warlocks are history!

Mostly because the "theory crafting" ignores the lower levels and its abilities and numbers! And if you don't know what is happening underneath your butt/chair/floor ... (well ... character!... ) how do you think the future is gonna happen? Right, let's get back to Cinderella, Snow White, Barbie Dolls, G I Joe's and all the dreams ... that never happened!

Isn't it time that we grew up and said ... enough lies? Game or life my friend ... it's what all this is about ... if you lie in one side and (supposedly) do not on the other, how honest are you really? Blizzard is playing a game that hurt EQ almost over night. And they brought those folks to WoW. And I see the same thing is going to happen ... how soon is the question.

nice tnx you good luck

I just make sure before I post, Is this the place to ask questions about "Why my DPS is low"??

Looking for some pointers on ways I might be able to increase my output! Here are my parses: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...n&difficulty=4

I'm not too pleased with my performance on any fight compared to the other warlock(s) in the group, and my parses are quite low. I've never been an incredible player with orange parses but I've always had purple in the past with other classes. I'm playing Affliction, using the proper talent set-up, opener and rotation according to Lock One Stop Shop for primarily single target. I'm not new to warlock but I am relatively new to the Affliction spec. My play isn't perfect, Wow Analyzer routinely indicates that my Haunt uptime is a little low, but that's the only suggestion it has for me. My Azerite traits aren't optimal, but with somewhat limited time to play and absolutely horrid luck, I just haven't been able to get anything great.

My questions are:
    1) Is there something I'm missing in my rotation? Something I'm missing in my talent choices? Any tips for a new-ish Affliction lock to pick it up?
    2) Are Destro locks currently outperforming Affliction locks? Is this why my fellow warlock(s) are routinely besting me on most fights? Or is it something else?

Deleted

Help improving DPS

Hi all,

I would like help to improve my output.
    I have tried to look at parses and I am not sure to understand what I am missing:
    Here are my parse on Taloc MM (iwaah): cannot psot them unfortunately. Warcraftlog: Iwaah taloc MM 04th of October
    I am trying to compare it to one awesome WL from the same server:
    Qualíty taloc MM from 26th of september.
    I chose same length fight and the ouput are really different.
    I know we had no mage buff, but this does not explain everything.
    If you can find something, I would really be grateful.

Thanks for your great help.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Hexorcist View Post
    Looking for some pointers on ways I might be able to increase my output! Here are my parses: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...n&difficulty=4

I'm not too pleased with my performance on any fight compared to the other warlock(s) in the group, and my parses are quite low. I've never been an incredible player with orange parses but I've always had purple in the past with other classes. I'm playing Affliction, using the proper talent set-up, opener and rotation according to Lock One Stop Shop for primarily single target. I'm not new to warlock but I am relatively new to the Affliction spec. My play isn't perfect, Wow Analyzer routinely indicates that my Haunt uptime is a little low, but that's the only suggestion it has for me. My Azerite traits aren't optimal, but with somewhat limited time to play and absolutely horrid luck, I just haven't been able to get anything great.

My questions are:
    1) Is there something I'm missing in my rotation? Something I'm missing in my talent choices? Any tips for a new-ish Affliction lock to pick it up?
    2) Are Destro locks currently outperforming Affliction locks? Is this why my fellow warlock(s) are routinely besting me on most fights? Or is it something else?
    I am just quickly looking through this, but in general your parses are in the purple, meaning 75% for your ilvl, so I am not sure there is something inherently wrong as such.

What I am mainly finding by looking through this, is that your itemization is not great. You have too much crit and too little mastery. My warlock is 10 ilvls lower and has 14% mastery, which is a huge difference. Don't just go with the higher ilvl, but go with the best stats for you. Sim your upgrades to get a better view of what actually works.

I can honestly say that the Mythrax trinket is awful. Trust me, I have it ilvl 375 and its still sitting in my bags, despite the other two being 345/355. Get rid of it and prefereably get a branch instead. Also have a 370 head sitting in bank while using a 355, cause the azerite traits are better, making it a bigger gain and so on.

These combines with your somewhat low uptime on especially Haunt can make quite a lot of difference. Also I would suggest for you to generally running BR rather than DS, because uptime, uptime, uptime.

Hopefully this can contribute a bit.

Good luck.

Trinket Help:

Hi, I was fortunate enough to get the following trinkets

370 Balefire Branch ( 1 min 30 sec CD)
    370 Ignition's Mage Fuse (2 min CD)

How can I utilize both trinkets optimally; assuming I'm specced into Misery?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomets View Post
    Trinket Help:

Hi, I was fortunate enough to get the following trinkets

370 Balefire Branch ( 1 min 30 sec CD)
    370 Ignition's Mage Fuse (2 min CD)

How can I utilize both trinkets optimally; assuming I'm specced into Misery?

Thank you!
    Most people will avoid using 2 on uses. Do they even sim higher than one with a passive? Fuse isn't that great either for Affy.

Anyhow, use Balefire after DG.

In an ideal world you would use Fuse with DSM.

No clue how you would do it if you were using both.