Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

How to get to Vashj'ir now?

I'm looking to get the Earthen Ring tabard since it matches my transmog set but have noticed that there is no quest available to start the chain which leads you in to Vashj'ir. The portal is up but I am not teleported to the zone and the Shaman doesn't have the quest available for me at the docks.

Any ideas?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

you could fly there

Shouldnt you be able to catch the quest from the hero board in your capital city or talking to the main city leader (sw or org) ? Thats how I started the MOP quest after doing a character/server/faction transfer and it ignored I did it.

edit

I also flew there from the stormwind area as you hit the drowning phase of flight but you can make it to the water and then swim to the areas

10+ Year Old Account
    Try checking the Command board in your capital, it should have the quest for starting the zone. If you've already started the zone on that character you're just gonna have to turn on low level quest tracking and fly around above water until you find a marker sadly, I've had to do this, it's really not fun.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by force18 View Post
    Shouldnt you be able to catch the quest from the hero board in your capital city or talking to the main city leader (sw or org) ? Thats how I started the MOP quest after doing a character/server/faction transfer and it ignored I did it.

edit

I also flew there from the stormwind area as you hit the drowning phase of flight but you can make it to the water and then swim to the areas
    Forgot about the hero board! It's there.

Mystery solved.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I'm looking to get the Earthen Ring tabard since it matches my transmog set but have noticed that there is no quest available to start the chain which leads you in to Vashj'ir. The portal is up but I am not teleported to the zone and the Shaman doesn't have the quest available for me at the docks.

Any ideas?
    Check the Hero's Call board? Not sure if it's absolutely necessary to start it there. Otherwise you can take the portal, which I am assuming takes you to the final hollow, and swim/fly (at surface) to the Silver Tide Hollow.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I ran into this the other day. Check the Warchief's board (or whatever it is on Alliance side...), and make sure you have toggled to display old / low quests. The one to start Vashj'ir should be there, you can take it and start it, you have to do the opening bit (flying on the ship, crashing, doing the initial quests and all to get underwater breathing and move buffs, etc) but after that you can use the portal. I think the same goes for similar things that have opening quests (portal to Pandaland was the same). I had to just do this the other day myself to get the last item on my enchanter for the Elemental illusions tome from the Throne of Tides.

The quest should be on the big board in front of the auction house in stormwind/orgrimmar. If not, try to go to where the portals are and talk to the pnj in front of the water bowl. It should give it to you (with the new patch, low-level quests are sometime hidden for me even when i have track low level quests enabled). For the harbor, make sur not to have the Broken Shore quest in your log to be in the same phase (Alliance, don't know for horde) or the quest with Anduin for Twilight Highlands.
    You could also try to fly to Vashjir from Stormwind and check on the cave if you can't find the quartermaster.
    Btw the portal is always up and inactive if you haven't done the quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Forgot about the hero board! It's there.

Mystery solved.
    Good. Looks like it was taken care of, so no reason to leave it open!