10+ Year Old Account

Buying a new laptop

Quick note before I go into the main bits: This laptop will NOT be for gaming. I have a desktop for gaming. With that out of the way..

Hey, I'm looking to buy a new laptop, as my current one is starting to show its age. It'll be used for school work primarily. I don't really have my eyes on any laptops currently, and thought I'd get some pointers before I set out to find something to buy.

My current price range is ~800-1000 USD (I can go up to 1200, but it would hurt), or 6000-6500DKK (With the max being ~8000 DKK)

Things I I'm looking for:
    1080p+ (Would prefer 1440p, but 1080 is fine). My current laptop has a 736p display and it's one of the primary reasons I'm looking to replace it. There's just no room on the screen for anything.
    It would ideally be ~15" as I need to carry it to and from school in my backpack, so it can't be much bigger, and if it's much smaller, the keyboard will feel cramped.
    An actual numpad would be a nice plus too, as it would make maths a lot easier to type.
    Windows. My school uses a few programs that require Windows, and I'm not in the mood for virtual machines (So no Linux/MacOS)
    An Office pack included in the price, as it's required for school
    Being purchasable in Denmark. Or being able to get it shipped here within the budget.

Touchscreen is something I'm 50/50 on. If I can get something with a touchscreen it's fine, but if not it's no big deal.

Things I don't care for:
    a GPU. While yes, it will probably be doing some light gaming during downtime, I don't need it to be able to do above 30fps in anything, so integrated graphics is fine.

If you just want at least a 1080 screen and not worried about graphics, why not get something like a surface pro 4? I know it's not a 15" screen though.

Other than that, just get a laptop from the traditional computer companies. Dell, Lenovo etc... if all you need is a nice screen and windows.
    Last edited by willtron; 2016-08-30 at 09:24 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    If you just want at least a 1080 screen and not worried about graphics, why not get something like a surface pro 4? I know it's not a 15" screen though.

Other than that, just get a laptop from the traditional computer companies. Dell, Lenovo etc... if all you need is a nice screen and windows.
    That was pretty much what I was planning on, but I figured I'd see if there was some consensus on what would make a good laptop first.