Page 2 of 352 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There is definitely no consistency across classes, some just buy the item for 8k gold, some get it from a tier2 class hall choice, others require multiple dungeon drops and a rep requirement, some are straight raid drops and 3(i think) come from withered training(Blood/WW/ProtPala) and then you have Prot Warrior that just loots an item from the open world on an unknown respawn timer.

So I wouldn't rule anything out considering the randomness of what each class/spec has to do for theirs. I imagine the undiscovered ones are the more elaborate, hence not being found after months of alpha/beta, such as Unholy and Frost.

I'm leaning towards our hidden artifacts potentially being in 7.1 as both Karazan and the Stormheim raid will have undead/ghost type mobs/zones/bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    There is definitely no consistency across classes, some just buy the item for 8k gold, some get it from a tier2 class hall choice, others require multiple dungeon drops and a rep requirement, some are straight raid drops and 3(i think) come from withered training(Blood/WW/ProtPala) and then you have Prot Warrior that just loots an item from the open world on an unknown respawn timer.

So I wouldn't rule anything out considering the randomness of what each class/spec has to do for theirs. I imagine the undiscovered ones are the more elaborate, hence not being found after months of alpha/beta, such as Unholy and Frost.

I'm leaning towards our hidden artifacts potentially being in 7.1 as both Karazan and the Stormheim raid will have undead/ghost type mobs/zones/bosses.
    Couldn't be. They said all the hidden appearances came out with Legion's launch. None of them are gated behind future content patches.

Are there any rare undead mobs on the isles? Are they 111 or lower? If so, I would try using control undead on them.

Deleted
    Guys my ideas :

Second perk of Class Hall "Dark Horseman" should be a key for UH skin (I think monk has a similiar "click farm" item too)
    Or as mentioned before some rare drop from rare mob or dungeon boss.

Meanwhile I double checked ICC, NAXX, old Archerus, nothing ... We need atleast clue if the item is obtainable on Broken isles or in Old scenarios ... without it its kinda hard to find out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauronus77 View Post
    Guys my ideas :

Second perk of Class Hall "Dark Horseman" should be a key for UH skin (I think monk has a similiar "click farm" item too)
    Or as mentioned before some rare drop from rare mob or dungeon boss.

Meanwhile I double checked ICC, NAXX, old Archerus, nothing ... We need atleast clue if the item is obtainable on Broken isles or in Old scenarios ... without it its kinda hard to find out.
    Pretty sure someone on the beta would have found it by now, just like they found the Monk one and others that come from similar things.

Should be the Broken Isles I'm pretty sure. Nobody else has to farm the old world I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Should be the Broken Isles I'm pretty sure. Nobody else has to farm the old world I don't think.
    IIRC, priests may have some stuff in the old world

Quote Originally Posted by Grimskull22 View Post
    IIRC, priests may have some stuff in the old world
    Disc does but that's kinda different I think. The hard drops are the ones that are rare drops off rare spawns in the Broken Isles. The other ones are guaranteed. I would assume if we did have some kind of old world stuff that it would have some breadcrumb style situation in Broken Isles like the Disc priest one.

Deleted
    Like stated earlier, pretty much all hidden artifacts come from the Broken Isles meaning that a connection to ICC is pretty unlikely IMO.

The only real connection to the scourge/Icecrown we have in the Broken Isles is in the Violet Hold, which leads to the theory that it's a rare drop from one of the bosses.
    However, it seems weird and highly unlikely that nobody has gotten the skin yet if that was the case.

The only other connection to Northrend is the Val'kyr I suppose, but I don't see how the drop could be related to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    Like stated earlier, pretty much all hidden artifacts come from the Broken Isles meaning that a connection to ICC is pretty unlikely IMO.

The only real connection to the scourge/Icecrown we have in the Broken Isles is in the Violet Hold, which leads to the theory that it's a rare drop from one of the bosses.
    However, it seems weird and highly unlikely that nobody has gotten the skin yet if that was the case.

The only other connection to Northrend is the Val'kyr I suppose, but I don't see how the drop could be related to them.
    I mean if it's a rare drop from one of the Northrend bosses then I could see it being hidden for so long I suppose. Do you always face one of them in VH?

Deleted
    I mean if it's a rare drop from one of the Northrend bosses then I could see it being hidden for so long I suppose. Do you always face one of them in VH?
    Yep and to be fair, the sub rogue skin comes completely from outside the Broken Isles, so IT IS a possibility that the DK skin can be found in Northrend.

Violent Hold bosses changes every week, but I still find it unlikely that nobody has gotten the item yet if it actually drops from one of the bosses there.

Safe to say its not a rare drop from any BI Rare, Raid or 5man, not with the amount of testing that went on in Beta by countless DK's.

For all we know it could be bugged, would be nice if the blues would test that on an actual account and not their in house system because we know first hand the amount of bugs they get by their in house testing...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Safe to say its not a rare drop from any BI Rare, Raid or 5man, not with the amount of testing that went on in Beta by countless DK's.
    Yeah, the only exception is if you perhaps needs to do something really weird in the dungeon, but that also seems unlikely.

I think we should start tracking our search in this thread and help eachother. Personally I'm gonna start looking for the unholy one tomorrow.

I tried searching in the empty cells as well and found nothing in Shivermaw's at least... So I don't think it's there. That's unfortunate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    Yep and to be fair, the sub rogue skin comes completely from outside the Broken Isles, so IT IS a possibility that the DK skin can be found in Northrend.

Violent Hold bosses changes every week, but I still find it unlikely that nobody has gotten the item yet if it actually drops from one of the bosses there.
    Nah but they have a breadcrumb that takes them to the scenario. There is a pack of keys inside their Class Hall that just gives them a key to that scenario. That's my point though, the only classes who have stuff outside of the Broken Isles have a breadcrumb that leads them there.

- - - Updated - - -

okay potential lead. Fly to the Crimson Thicket in Suramar and travel into the Stormheim zone. Before you enter the zone on your left you will see a path leading upwards to a cave with some Storm Drakes. This cave will be marked on your map as well. Ignore that cave but, as you travel up the hill towards it, on your RIGHT there will be another path you can go. It will drop down into this area with some trees and a secret cave with a level 111 undead boss named Kangaxx. He is impossible to kill AFAIK as he melees for 3.6 million damage BUT he can be controlled.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2016-09-05 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Hook = Abomination

Maybe drops from some abomination type boss
    Knowing how some of them are obtained it wouldn't surprise me if you need to max out rotgut first and then do some stupid shit with some ancient abomination raidboss while standing on your left foot and reciting the wotlk intro cinematic in chat.

- - - Updated - - -

okay potential lead. Fly to the Crimson Thicket in Suramar and travel into the Stormheim zone. Before you enter the zone on your left you will see a path leading upwards to a cave with some Storm Drakes. This cave will be marked on your map as well. Ignore that cave but, as you travel up the hill towards it, on your RIGHT there will be another path you can go. It will drop down into this area with some trees and a secret cave with a level 111 undead boss named Kangaxx. He is impossible to kill AFAIK as he melees for 3.6 million damage BUT he can be controlled.
    Good find, but I don't see how that could be related anything with icecrown. A quick search of the NPC doesn't exactly show any connection lore wise either. You can't take him that far as well.. the text would suggest something else really.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Knowing how some of them are obtained it wouldn't surprise me if you need to max out rotgut first and then do some stupid shit with some ancient abomination raidboss while standing on your left foot and reciting the wotlk intro cinematic in chat.

- - - Updated - - -

Good find, but I don't see how that could be related anything with icecrown. A quick search of the NPC doesn't exactly show any connection lore wise either. You can't take him that far as well.. the text would suggest something else really.
    Referring to the possibility of the Frost one though. It's written in an ancient language that no living person knows. The creature is an undead elf looking banshee thing. Basically a banshee with the head of a Nightborne.

Also checked elsewhere and it seemed that somebody was able to take him to various locations in Stormheim so it would appear he might be able to go places.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2016-09-05 at 06:49 AM.

Deleted
    The only thing, that can feed upon the power of icecrown on Broken Isles is Acherus itself ...

What about some small item that can grant us an access to "something"? I am searching in it but without luck

EDIT : You can duel with NPCs in Acherus ...
    What about some totally rare dialoge after duel with NPC?

Pretty sure someone on the beta would have found it by now, just like they found the Monk one and others that come from similar things.
    Yeah, but there is still a small chance that someone found it, but did not report it...

EDIT3 : Digging in the wowhead I found www(.)wowhead(.)com/item=140097/the-fall-of-lordaeron-and-the-scouring-of-the-eastweald

// Sorry cant post links atm

What is it?

Related NPC who sells it, is not in Booty Bay, any ideas???
    Last edited by mmocf4ced238cf; 2016-09-05 at 08:49 AM.

Deleted
    The only thing, that can feed upon the power of icecrown on Broken Isles is Acherus itself ...

What about some small item that can grant us an access to "something"? I am searching in it but without luck

EDIT : You can duel with NPCs in Acherus ...
    What about some totally rare dialoge after duel with NPC?

Yeah, but there is still a small chance that someone found it, but did not report it...

EDIT3 : Digging in the wowhead I found www(.)wowhead(.)com/item=140097/the-fall-of-lordaeron-and-the-scouring-of-the-eastweald

// Sorry cant post links atm

What is it?

Related NPC who sells it, is not in Booty Bay, any ideas???
    That book, as well as several others, was used for the quest that unlocked artifact research in beta, but that seems to have been changed at some point, as the quest does not exist on live.

While the book might have had its use changed to be related to hidden appearances, I instead think they just removed them, and the item in wowhead's database is just a leftover from previous data.

Deleted
    I tried searching in the empty cells as well and found nothing in Shivermaw's at least... So I don't think it's there. That's unfortunate.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah but they have a breadcrumb that takes them to the scenario. There is a pack of keys inside their Class Hall that just gives them a key to that scenario. That's my point though, the only classes who have stuff outside of the Broken Isles have a breadcrumb that leads them there.

- - - Updated - - -

I was unable to somehow leave a cave with him, he is still standing in the cave, probably something must be done inside ... any ideas?

Ok it works, I run to runewood with the elite, found an echo of arthas, clicked on it and nothing (on map it was marked as star)
    Last edited by mmocf4ced238cf; 2016-09-05 at 11:26 AM.

Deleted
    I was unable to somehow leave a cave with him, he is still standing in the cave, probably something must be done inside ... any ideas?

Ok it works, I run to runewood with the elite, found an echo of arthas, clicked on it and nothing (on map it was marked as star)
    I'm trying to run around with the elite as well, but it's really bugged for me. Sometimes he just turns around and hits me even though he is mindcontrolled

I was thinking. Has any1 tried to find all the Lich King apperances that are on Broken Isle?
    I have only seen his "ghost" like twice in total but it feels like it should give you something to find all of them. Why would they add a 50 AP mob that is only for DKs? Seems wierd to have specific extra places to gain a tiiiny bit more extra AP without any reason more then to see the Lich King a few extra times while leveling.
    My only 2 Place I have seen him is in the main room of Thundertotem and at the "graveyard" for the old kings in Stormheim.
    Any1 know any more places he exists?