Whats with the druid hate?

Why are some of the posts on here about balance being a problem? I haven't reached maxed level yet but I've seen some people in my guild say they enjoy balance so far. I also see stuff regarding feral but that's fair considering its known to have problems right now.
    Last edited by Thumpa; 2018-08-24 at 03:21 PM.

People are not playing the class correctly and also are not geared enough to understand. I'm ilvl340 currently sitting at I think 15% haste? I also have SEABREASE staff and the haste enchant on it. I do better than any class in my opener (normally beating them by 20% at times, but they slowly catch back up over the course of the fight. With shooting stars our burst window during Alignment is pretty OP) while also staying at the top or even 1st place on aoe pulls. Yes Arms warriors will literally be 50% of the dmg every other pull when they pop Bladestorm but I let them have fun for those few pulls till they are out of steam and I run past them. Balance is in a good spot. Personally I'd be okay with no adjustments to the spec until raids start and we get a good idea of where we stand there, because in dungeons we are doing well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifterstorm View Post
    People are not playing the class correctly and also are not geared enough to understand. I'm ilvl340 currently sitting at I think 15% haste? I also have SEABREASE staff and the haste enchant on it. I do better than any class in my opener (normally beating them by 20% at times, but they slowly catch back up over the course of the fight. With shooting stars our burst window during Alignment is pretty OP) while also staying at the top or even 1st place on aoe pulls. Yes Arms warriors will literally be 50% of the dmg every other pull when they pop Bladestorm but I let them have fun for those few pulls till they are out of steam and I run past them. Balance is in a good spot. Personally I'd be okay with no adjustments to the spec until raids start and we get a good idea of where we stand there, because in dungeons we are doing well.
    You mean streaking stars, but other than that yes we do well in short fights with streaking stars. I still hope they will change something regarding HN/PotM traits because Id hate to have to spam sunfire/moonfire on ST/aoe its such a fucking boring rotation.

People always act like this is the Moonkin back from Mists or something and its not even close. Its a simple rotation you really can't fuck up unless you forget which Azerite talents your currently using and even then its hard to fuck up. Cast a couple dots, make sure you dont cap empowerments or astral power. Then just mix in a lil sauce based ont he fight. Nothing complicated about it....

As for gear most use what they can get because as of right now Ilvl continues to be king. Not only that but players continue to be at the mercy of RNG, and if its anything like me and getting 99% Mast/Vers, I can see why plenty of people are below the haste cap which is already insanely low. Not to mention the Azerites traits themselves which make the class lopsided based on what it is. You get Streaking Stars congrats your going to burst it up, but get High Noon, Blood Bite or Craggy Bark, ouch good luck with them numbers.

As for letting the War have a win here and there, give me a break. Straight up you will get smoked, so you have to wait for pull number 2 because ur Ap capped, LS capped and ur off CD. Play another spec with ok AoE and you will have to be a cheeky lil bastard just to top, but spend the next 2-3 pulls 3-4th..

Our AOE is mediocre and our ST is average. If you're 340 with 15% haste you are one of the top ilvls with decent stats on your gear at the moment so you are likely competing with people that are undergeared with mixed stats if you are beating them that bad.

Druids are furries. People hate furries.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    People always act like this is the Moonkin back from Mists or something and its not even close. Its a simple rotation you really can't fuck up unless you forget which Azerite talents your currently using and even then its hard to fuck up. Cast a couple dots, make sure you dont cap empowerments or astral power. Then just mix in a lil sauce based ont he fight. Nothing complicated about it....

As for gear most use what they can get because as of right now Ilvl continues to be king. Not only that but players continue to be at the mercy of RNG, and if its anything like me and getting 99% Mast/Vers, I can see why plenty of people are below the haste cap which is already insanely low. Not to mention the Azerites traits themselves which make the class lopsided based on what it is. You get Streaking Stars congrats your going to burst it up, but get High Noon, Blood Bite or Craggy Bark, ouch good luck with them numbers.

As for letting the War have a win here and there, give me a break. Straight up you will get smoked, so you have to wait for pull number 2 because ur Ap capped, LS capped and ur off CD. Play another spec with ok AoE and you will have to be a cheeky lil bastard just to top, but spend the next 2-3 pulls 3-4th..
    A lot of people still fail to mention the normal things every class has to do while playing the game. Dodge boss abilities. Cast as many spells as possible before moving out of potential fire. Pool AP during a boss mechanic that requires you to move so you can cast on the run. Refresh dots during pandemic periods. Prioritize targets. All of these things will improve your dps more than just playing the class correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats with the druid hate?.....

The fact that they never have to wear pajamas before going to bed, or take a blanket to stay warm....

The fact that they never have to dry themselves after a shower or a dip in the lake....

The extremist ideals on nutrition depending on what animal they worship....

Their loose regard on relationships since they live for eons...

Their particular style/architecture throughout their kingdoms that makes you want to OD while watching the stars...

The extensive slave labor they require for hair cleanup duty....

Them thinking that their wine is better than any other wine even if 5$ bottle is the same everywhere....

Yeah....I can go on an on.

There is plenty to hate on...
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Honestly I dont see it, any dungeon or World Quest group i've been in has nothing but boomkins! Same when I was leveling, easily nothing but boomies
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Im 339 equippped with haste on all items and 2 haste proc trinkets no traits cause im main tank and been inlucky with azerote. I do very vell on aoe always nr 1 st is not as good. Feral need buffs VERY hard to brake 7kdps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    Honestly I dont see it, any dungeon or World Quest group i've been in has nothing but boomkins! Same when I was leveling, easily nothing but boomies
    They are all resto in disguise

Balance druids are incredibly haste dependent which makes it an utter slog at the start of gearing. Once you have enough high ilvl gear with haste you notice the difference.

Plus there's a lot of power in our BiS AoE and ST Azerite traits so getting those early on makes a big difference. That being said I would expect some tuning just prior to Uldir launch that transfers some of the Azerite trait damage into our actual core abilities as it feels like a bit too much impact right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dremmy View Post
    Balance druids are incredibly haste dependent which makes it an utter slog at the start of gearing. Once you have enough high ilvl gear with haste you notice the difference.

Plus there's a lot of power in our BiS AoE and ST Azerite traits so getting those early on makes a big difference. That being said I would expect some tuning just prior to Uldir launch that transfers some of the Azerite trait damage into our actual core abilities as it feels like a bit too much impact right now.
    That's the trouble down the road with mythic+, since we won't be able to change gear on the fly anymore. Finally got Lunar Shrapnel on 3 Azerite pieces, and it's very nice on the trash... yet worthless on most bosses. Reverse is true with Streaking Stars, but at least it'll do something on AoE I suppose. The Azerite traits are very akin to our talent tree rows, where we frequently have to choose between AoE, cleave, or ST in one row. Other classes/specs tend to have three different ways to do the same thing in one row without having to sacrifice their ST/AoE/cleave potential to such a level that Moonkins do. It's the one overarching "flaw" with Moonkin that still irks me to this day.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Dremmy View Post
    Balance druids are incredibly haste dependent which makes it an utter slog at the start of gearing.
    Haha yes, I'm a Guardian and we have a Boomkin in our Mythic group, whenever a leather piece with haste on it drops I instantly get a whisper from him if I need this item
    In return I get all the Mastery/Versatility items from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are not playing the class correctly and also are not geared enough to understand. I'm ilvl340 currently sitting at I think 15% haste? I also have SEABREASE staff and the haste enchant on it. I do better than any class in my opener
    This is the 2nd thread here you've said that. In the other one you mentioned your opening burst in the realm on 12k or so, and ending a sustained fight on 8k or so.

Sorry, but that's not "Better than any class", and it's definitely not "20% better" than some. Heck, my survival hunter - a spec which is middle of the pack currently - pulls 14-15k on most openers and ends fights on 10k, at a similar item level. Windwalkers pull CRAZY opening burst, and at 340 can push 18k with the right build and trinkets. A lot of classes can easily outmatch 12k/8k at 340.

If you're going to brag about being 'better' than other classes of the same item level it helps to face off against a larger sample of players first The fact with those numbers you're so far ahead of anyone in your guild speaks more for your guild than it does for the state of boomkins currently.

They are the libtards of WoW.

well I've started having groups for mythic dungeon refusing me as guardian because they heard "druid tanks are the worse".. which makes my eyeroll so hard, but still, the prejudice is out there already.
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Deleted
    From what i noticed, we losts lotta power without our artifact (at least balance)
    I've mained it through wod and legion, and absolutely loved it in the latter.
    Done tons of damage and raided without great problems (isn't impossible to not die through a raid run lol).
    Now, i have struggle even with some "normal" mobs. My damage fell drastically after the ending of legion.
    They could, at least, let's us keep goldrinn fury.
    I loved it's damage output, and i noticed that they for whatever reason they had, redmoved lunar strike "AoE"(could be a bug).
    I loved it, had lots of fun with it. But, at least for me, it's unplayable right now. So after two years i've rerolled. To a DH.

My healer (Disc) is always glad when I tank with my druid. He knows he can let me sit at 50% health and still heal over damage dealt because 50% hp are still 100k life.
    Also I can effectively use frenzy regeneration without wasting half the heal.

I don't understand all the hate against druid tanks but we'll see how we perform in M+ tomorrow.