New gpu requires new psu?

Howdy folks, I need a lil help with an upgrade. I have a Corsair CX750 80 plus Bronze psu. Im looking at the EVGA Geforce 1070 FTW edition, big upgrade from my 560ti. Does the CX750 have enough/correct power connectors to use the 1070? Hoping I dont need a new psu just for the connections. Thanks for the help.

It should have all the available connectors, but I would replace it anyway:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1431436/w...-cx430-500-600

Cheap capacitors, mediocre voltage regulation, average to mediocre ripple suppression and does not meet the ATX standard for hold up time. In addition, and the real main reason I suggest against them is that they only supply full power when below 30C. Average case gets hotter than that and then the PSU is not able to supply it's advertised power.

Important part here:
    Guys, this thing is only rated to full power at thirty degrees. I've spoken about this kind of thing before, but not for a while, so here's my position on this: I have no use for anything that can't do full power at forty degrees or better, and I review these units accordingly. Computer cases routinely see temperatures higher than thirty at the power supply intake, and this becomes more and more of an issue the further south you live, depending on whether or not you're buying this budget unit so you can afford to run the AC.

It also becomes more of an issue depending on where your unit is located. I have family with computers next to heating vents, because that's the only place available to put them. Guess what that does to a Canadian computer? Most of their cases don't have the newer layout where the power supply pulls room temperature air in from underneath the case, so those power supplies are taking in air heated by the vent and the computer hardware. Thirty degrees? Ha!

No, folks, thirty degrees just doesn't work for me. A unit this heavily de-rated is likely only good for 650W at a more reasonable forty to fifty degrees. It may be a perfectly decent little unit, but my hot box will not stay cool enough to make this unit happy. This is by design - my methodology is to get these things to at least forty whenever possible, because that's the lowest temperature I personally expect to get full power out of a unit. Forty is more than reasonable, even for a good budget unit.

Really, here's what it comes down to... this unit has to pass hot box testing, or there will be scoring repercussions on page six. I haven't had to use those particular scoring rules in a looooong time. Corsair, I hope you had CWT give you overtemp protection, because I think this unit is going to need it.
    If I were buying that expensive of a GPU, I would not want some mediocre PSU giving it power.

Thanks for the quick reply. I went to the link and started reading the info. He specifically mentions that he is NOT including the CX750 in his guide, only the CX 430/500/600.
    Before i start i just want to say the CX750 is based on the CWT PUB-Q and not the CWT DSAII like the CX430/500/600 which is why i dont talk about the CX750 here.
    Any feedback about my psu would be appreciated. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have any info?

10+ Year Old Account
    Like noted, CX 430/500/600 are different platforms than CX 750/850 that are based on old CWT designs. CXM 450/550/650 are a Corsair custom platform.

Your PSU is a functional PSU, essentially. It's not great, it's not exploding computer, it's just functional. Depending how much you want to shell out, pricing wise, SeaSonic Prime Titanium 650W if you want to go (reasonably) full ham for shits and giggles. Otherwise Corsair RMx 550 is a decent choice or CXM 550. My complaint about RMx is mainly the in cable caps, so be aware of that when assembling cause it can get in the way.