Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    I'm seeing it isn't as "safe" as you are letting on
    the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime classifies it as "New Psychoactive Substance".
    New psychoactive substance? Its been used for centuries as a herbal medicine!

Nothing is absolutely 100 percent safe and certainly not the poison that is pushed by big pharama that is killing america IE Rx Opiods that killed people like Prince.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm seeing it isn't as "safe" as you are letting on
    the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime classifies it as "New Psychoactive Substance".
    Psychoactive is the same generic concern over anything that effects neurotransmitters. For example caffeine effects the adenosine receptor. The DEA tends to get alert anytime it relates to opioids. A more specific concern would be all of its unknown metabolites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Lol, drug rehab for Kratom? It does have its side effects, but do you see people in drug rehab for caffeine or nicotine? Because that's what its withdrawals are equivalent to.
    I'm going to believe narconon over some random guy on an internet gaming forum.

Withdrawal effects of kratom are very similar to those of opiates like heroin or prescription painkillers.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How many people died from tobacco or alcohol between 2014 and 2016? I rest my case.
    You shouldn't rest your case because that is a false equivalency. Booze and smokes aren't advertised as safe alternatives to hard drugs.

Maybe they would have been okay if they didn't say that it was a safe alternative when it has side effects and potentially harmful withdrawals

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post
    New psychoactive substance? Its been used for centuries as a herbal medicine!

Nothing is absolutely 100 percent safe and certainly not the poison that is pushed by big pharama that is killing america IE Rx Opiods that killed people like Prince.
    Accidental drug overdose is still a drug overdose. An overdose being taking too many. Big pharma, as bad as they are, aren't so evil that they are forcing the pills down your throat in quantities that will kill you

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post

Accidental drug overdose is still a drug overdose. An overdose being taking too many. Big pharma, as bad as they are, aren't so evil that they are forcing the pills down your throat in quantities that will kill you
    I almost died from Fentanyl that was given to me in patch form. The patch seemed to be faulty and so it sat in my system and didnt move then when it did i almost died!

I have gotten myself off that nasty shit my doctor was giving me for my pain and i went with this natural alternative. Trust me i have withdrawled from Opiates and Kratom and the withdrawls is nothing alike.

Iam just gonna leave this here from a non-profit organisation to promote Kratom http://www.americankratom.org/facts

Yeah but they didnt tell you that they all died from multiple toxicity IE they was taking xanax and other drugs and just because kratom was found in there bodies that was not the cause of death!

You cannot overdose on Kratom because it has a ceiling where the more you take you will just throw up. Kratom is not a opiate so it does not depress breathing which is what Opoids do and the reason you die from them.

Kratom is a cousin of the coffee plant!
    What does being a cousin o f the coffee plant have to do with anything? Belladonna is related to, Tomatoes, Potatoes, Eggplant, Goji Berries, and Peppers (Vegetable not Spice) which are all edible, but Belladonna is toxic.

So we've got one site saying that the withdrawals are akin to heroine and painkillers, and another saying its as "harmless" as a caffeine addiction.

Well if the truth lies somewhere between these two points, that's still too much for me.

I'm going to believe personal experience over some random guy on an internet gaming forum who links to "The Church of Scientology" rehab center.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    So we've got one site saying that the withdrawals are akin to heroine and painkillers, and another saying its as "harmless" as a caffeine addiction.

Well if the truth lies somewhere between these two points, that's still too much for me.
    Take it from someone who has been on Hardcore Pain pills and as someone who takes this once or twice a week depending on how bad my back gets.

Bottom line is follow the money. The FDA could investigate this plant to see if it actually does have health benefits but thats not gonna happen cause Kratom is gonna be a scheduled I (same schedule as Heroin and Ecstasy) which means they wont be able to investigate it potential health benefits.

Gosh i wonder why they would do that?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    What does being a cousin o f the coffee plant have to do with anything? Belladonna is related to, Tomatoes, Potatoes, Eggplant, Goji Berries, and Peppers (Vegetable not Spice) which are all edible, but Belladonna is toxic.
    True!

In this case the compounds listed in its wiki page don't show anything that potent. You would need to eat a relatively vast amount of ground up plant product to compare it to a pill overdose.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-08-31 at 11:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How many people died from tobacco or alcohol between 2014 and 2016? I rest my case.
    Lot more than 15...

Lots of stuff that is legal that has caused more than 15 deaths over a two year span...because they have money behind them...money makes the world go round.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    DEA claims 15 people died from it between 2014 and 2016.
    yet smoking is still legal....

10+ Year Old Account
    Take it from someone who has been on Hardcore Pain pills and as someone who takes this once or twice a week depending on how bad my back gets.

Bottom line is follow the money. The FDA could investigate this plant to see if it actually does have health benefits but thats not gonna happen cause Kratom is gonna be a scheduled I (same schedule as Heroin and Ecstasy) which means they wont be able to investigate it potential health benefits.

Gosh i wonder why they would do that?
    It is the same thing that happened with Pot back in the day. A threat to big pharma + lobby dollars = ban.

Just another reason to vote Gary Johnson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If that's the barometer then tobacco, alcohol, cars, fast food and sugar should all be illegal.
    I think it's a pretty safe bet that if tobacco and alcohol was "invented" today it would be banned. The problem is that you can't ban those things because they have been part of our culture for far too long for a ban to ever happen, not to mention that sheer amount of people who use those drugs. But that does not mean that everything that's less dangerous for your health should be legal.

10+ Year Old Account

Why? You don't think Narconon has an agenda? Those groups sure do have an agenda.

Now that pot is starting to become legal in the US, I would be interested in seeing just how many big phama companies have THC and other Marijuana based drugs undergoing R&D.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    DEA claims 15 people died from it between 2014 and 2016.
    Oh, and how many died die every year from alcohol and tobacco that are 100% legal? Millions... but lets keep this banned because of 15 people...!

Fucking amazing logic that.

This is just another crackdown due to pharmaceuticals... they make Hitler look like a saint in comparison to them.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-08-31 at 11:50 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Oh, and how many died die every year from alcohol and tobacco that are 100% legal? Millions... but lets keep this banned because of 15 people...!

Fucking amazing logic that.

This is just another crackdown due to pharmaceuticals... they make Hitler look like a saint in comparison to them.
    Did I once provide a stance? I merely post a claim by the DNA and people lose their shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you're starting to learn how government works.