Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    think the ability got nerfed x)

Deleted
    The ability is fine, My RSK is hitting for 420k when it crits with a 8-9 sec cooldown, SotW does 1.1 million when -both- attacks crit with a 40 second cooldown.

It get's "weaker" as you level up with it only becoming slightly more powerful while the enemies get a lot more HP.

People can argue that it's very strong in an aoe situation...but let's be honest here, Monk's singletarget damage isn't the best..and our skills are clearly made for AoE (Fists of fury, Whirling dragon and now the Strike of the Windlord)

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    think the ability got nerfed x)
    Tonight or when?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    WW has average at best single target DPS, why do you want to nerf their cleave/aoe? It's their niche.

My DH pops momentum, drops a fury of the illidari with eyebeam and I do just as much if not more aoe burst, and it doesn't even require the amount of setup or ramp up Windwalker aoe requires.

Do you just want monks to be a crappier demonhunter, excelling at nothing? They've got 2 worthless traits in Death Art and Light on your Feet, at least they can have one strong artifact element.
    You are aware windwalker has the same levels of burst aoe as a havoc DH yes?

Strike of the memelord + FoF is literally the same thing as fury of the illidari and eye beam rofl

The difference is SCK is a far better AoE dps filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    You are aware windwalker has the same levels of burst aoe as a havoc DH yes?

Strike of the memelord + FoF is literally the same thing as fury of the illidari and eye beam rofl

The difference is SCK is a far better AoE dps filler.
    With artifact traits, not really. How nice of you to forget Fel Barrage and Fel Rush filler with fel mastery.

Which is exactly the point, WW is not in need of nerfs. Outlaw rogue, DH, unholy DK all do as much as WW, and their single target is better.

So remind me again why Strike of the Windlord needs nerfing? What kind of asinine petition is this? "I lost to someone on a trash pack pull, please nerf".

10+ Year Old Account
    With artifact traits, not really. How nice of you to forget Fel Barrage and Fel Rush filler with fel mastery.

Which is exactly the point, WW is not in need of nerfs. Outlaw rogue, DH, unholy DK all do as much as WW, and their single target is better.

So remind me again why Strike of the Windlord needs nerfing? What kind of asinine petition is this? "I lost to someone on a trash pack pull, please nerf".
    I'm not even suggesting windwalker nerfs here buddy. I merely pointed out the spell does a lot of fucking damage, and is probably one of the first things they nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    I'm not even suggesting windwalker nerfs here buddy. I merely pointed out the spell does a lot of fucking damage, and is probably one of the first things they nerf.
    A lot of spells do a lot of fucking damage. Fury of Sindragosa, Apocalypse, Fury of the Illidari, Eyebeam, Bladestorm.

It's a 45 sec cd artifact spell with no beneficial secondary feature (snare is useless in PvE), it's a perfectly fine spell, especially since it costs resources like Chi whereas Fury of the Illidari costs ZERO resources.

I hate when people aid in the idea that a spell is too strong. We are going to end up like moonkins, constantly overnerfed because even members of their own class were saying starsurge and full moon hit too hard, and lo and behold Blizzard listens to these people and balance druids are a middling/mediocre DPS spec thanks to that.

Let Windwalkers have something GOOD or even great that they excel at for once. We deserve SotW being strong to make up for garbage like Death Art, Light on Your Feet, alongside other disappointing gold traits. The artifact traits in general for windwalker are nothing to write home about, at least let us keep SotW as it is.

If they nerf SotW because it does a lot of damage on trash packs, they're idiots.

Outlaw rogues are putting out broken single target DPS on top of some of the best cleave/aoe in game, as well as fire mages, so let those classes be looked at first for nerfs before we look at a class with great aoe but lowly single target.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-09-04 at 01:56 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of spells do a lot of fucking damage. Fury of Sindragosa, Apocalypse, Fury of the Illidari, Eyebeam, Bladestorm.

It's a 45 sec cd artifact spell with no beneficial secondary feature (snare is useless in PvE), it's a perfectly fine spell, especially since it costs resources like Chi whereas Fury of the Illidari costs ZERO resources.

I hate when people aid in the idea that a spell is too strong. We are going to end up like moonkins, constantly overnerfed because even members of their own class were saying starsurge and full moon hit too hard, and lo and behold Blizzard listens to these people and balance druids are a middling/mediocre DPS spec thanks to that.

Let Windwalkers have something GOOD or even great that they excel at for once. We deserve SotW being strong to make up for garbage like Death Art, Light on Your Feet, alongside other disappointing gold traits. The artifact traits in general for windwalker are nothing to write home about, at least let us keep SotW as it is.

If they nerf SotW because it does a lot of damage on trash packs, they're idiots.

Outlaw rogues are putting out broken single target DPS on top of some of the best cleave/aoe in game, as well as fire mages, so let those classes be looked at first for nerfs before we look at a class with great aoe but lowly single target.
    You seem to be looking at nerfs in a vacuum. Its been said a few times that there are other specs with crazy strong abilities, and other specs that can do just as much, or more DPS. So it should stand to reason that those specs would also be looked at for nerfs if WW is. SotW does hit too hard IMO, some of its damage could be redirected in BoK/RSK for a small aoe nerf while keeping single target roughly the same. They could also revert SotW and FoF doing 100% damage to all targets hti which would, again, lower AOE while keeping ST roughly untouched.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    You seem to be looking at nerfs in a vacuum. Its been said a few times that there are other specs with crazy strong abilities, and other specs that can do just as much, or more DPS. So it should stand to reason that those specs would also be looked at for nerfs if WW is. SotW does hit too hard IMO, some of its damage could be redirected in BoK/RSK for a small aoe nerf while keeping single target roughly the same. They could also revert SotW and FoF doing 100% damage to all targets hti which would, again, lower AOE while keeping ST roughly untouched.
    Is there a reason you think WW AoE needs to be nerfed? I'm just curious. More from the idea that specs seem to be designed around niches like ST, Sustained Aoe, Burst AoE etc.
    Last edited by mkultra55; 2016-09-04 at 09:48 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    Is there a reason you think WW AoE needs to be nerfed? I'm just curious. More from the idea that specs seem to be designed around niches like ST, Sustained Aoe, Burst AoE etc.
    No where in this thread have I said that WW needs to be nerfed. On the contrary I think its perfect where it is.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    No where in this thread have I said that WW needs to be nerfed. On the contrary I think its perfect where it is.
    redirecting aoe damage to just keep single target as its now is a nerf nothing less, i think before changing things in monk they should focus on the classes that can do as much aoe damage as single target.
    while I do more aoe damage than outlaw rogues in mythic, they are always close to me in aoe and i think they would scale better with ilvl than a monk.

It really is a very strong aoe hitting ability. Maybe a nerf is needed, but if yes a buff to another skill in order to compensate would be also be necessary.

Are people forgetting that this is how WW starts every expansion? Monks have fantastic base damage but their scaling is pitiful compared to basically every other class in the game. Some of WW monks scaling issues were fixed with Legion but just wait until raids come out or even in the next week or two when more people are geared up in mythic dungeons and WW won't seem nearly as strong. Blizz has also stated that if a spec is "A little stronger than others" it will likely stay that way because they don't want people to feel like shit for dumping time into their artifact.

We got a strong ability off the bat, so what? That's about the only good thing in our artifact tree FYI. As other classes start getting their golden dragons and traits filled, we will sink back into mediocrity because our artifact is pretty garbage in comparison. So, big thanks to everyone crying one week into expansion, I hope blizz nerfs us so these same turncoats can cry for buffs once everything is maxed in a month.

Every leather melee needs to be nerfed. They're all god tier right now. You are in denial if you think things are fine, casters are complete and utter garbage compared to the melee gods.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post
    Every leather melee needs to be nerfed. They're all god tier right now. You are in denial if you think things are fine, casters are complete and utter garbage compared to the melee gods.
    talks the range

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmy View Post
    talks the range
    He is not wrong though, in pvp and pve leather is king atm. But thats with shit gear and low artifact levels, we shall see how that changes.

Havn't played it myself but watched Soda level a bit with it, and I was pretty amazed by how he pulled half a dozen mobs and just oneshot them with the artifact ability, while mine is a single target that deals half a mobs health over time with twice the CD of his. >>

But as people have said, that's just watching it while levelling and in a vacuum. As long as it doesn't make them OP in raids or arenas, I couldn't care less how tuned some of the abilities are.

Yeah, I also loved it while levelling. At 110 though it's not much stronger than FoF, with double the cooldown so it's all right. Yeah, it's better in AoE but who cares about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    He is not wrong though, in pvp and pve leather is king atm. But thats with shit gear and low artifact levels, we shall see how that changes.
    I didn't say he is wrong either in stating leather classes are kings , but range is not the right one to talk about melee, they will end up being better no matter what, and the first weeks of the expansion is not the time to judge, plus who wants a temporary throne :/