Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ...
15
23
24
25
26
27
35
... LastLast
  1. #481
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Tbh, no.
    It shouldn't freaking even BE up for debate. There is NO law orrule that states a person has to share a secret they find in the game. None, WHAT-SO-EVER. Nothing in Blizzards Terms of service or anything. If said person wishes to keep it a secret forever they have the damn right to and ANYone who even DARES to send them death threats are disgusting people who should be perma banned for life from this game.

    If they want to share it the instant they find it that would ALSO be up to them. It's THEIR choice. There is no "moral ambiguity" in this.
    Indeed it is. Just as it is our choice to label him a selfish ass for doing so.

    I don't even like the appearance but I have to shake my head at the people defending someone being a jerk.

  2. #482
    Deleted
    This felbat, Soul harvester and Captive withered are what's taunting me. I think it was mentioned earlier as well and somebody suggested that it's a bugged interaction from a quest or something. But this isn't part of any quest in Felsoul hold as far as i know. Not to mention that messing with the object by killing them causes them to respawn over and over again and the felbat always comes to attack the soul harvester as well. They are conveniently right under Candrael's nose as well but.. no matter how i mess with them, nothing special happens.

  3. #483
    Look at candrael's health,its the same as downfall's maybe they are coords?

  4. #484
    Deleted
    anyone tried farming with boon of the gemfinder?

  5. #485
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    Indeed it is. Just as it is our choice to label him a selfish ass for doing so.

    I don't even like the appearance but I have to shake my head at the people defending someone being a jerk.
    Again, I don't get it. Is he/she a jerk because they don't tell you how to find a hidden/secret appearance or a jerk because they aren't giving a more solid lead? It's not about defending Nay, more about what in the freaking hell makes people think they deserve to know. What have THEY done for HIM/HER? Nothing. They aren't his/her friend or family. Like I just cannot connect the dots, that's the thing. They don't owe you anything. That's like you getting mad at me for not helping you with killing an elite mob.
    How would I be a jerk? how am I obligated to help you? You're just a stranger to me and I owe you nothing.
    If I DID help you, yeah that'd be kind of me, but it wouldn't make me a jerk if I didn't. If you think so then you're simply feeling entitled to something you don't deserve.

    Now if I had a friend who always helped me when I asked for help and gave me tips and told me about some tricks and etc and I found a hidden appearance no one knows about and wouldn't tell him when he asked me, yeah, THAT would make me a dick. That would make it 100% understandable if my friend would get mad at me.

    See the difference?
    Last edited by Tiase; 2016-09-14 at 11:06 AM.

  6. #486
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    idk what empathy is
    Another human ask for your help. You can help him and it would cost you nothing and no harm done to you. Yet you refuse because "I dont want to lol". Thats what makes him jerk.

  7. #487
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Another human ask for your help. You can help him and it would cost you nothing and no harm done to you. Yet you refuse because "I dont want to lol". Thats what makes him jerk.
    Someone in the real world asking me for help, compared to finding a hidden/secret appearance for a weapon in a game are two different things. Try to keep up buddy.
    Besides, the first messages the guy got were death threats and insults.
    if that happened to me I wouldn't even give a hint, fuck that I'd give people misleading hints. Fortunately that has not happened to me, so I can sit here and try to work together to find it with the other people here.

  8. #488
    Do you guys run up to random people on the street and ask them for money just because they have some and then get nasty and call names when they say no? Just wondering...

  9. #489
    The Patient Ryxxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    The Lens make you able to see a hidden treasure chest in the scenario, available to anyone. Seems unlikely.

    Got it yesterday so, we'll see anyway
    I have the lens..u just get a new type of withered..

  10. #490
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Another human ask for your help. You can help him and it would cost you nothing and no harm done to you. Yet you refuse because "I dont want to lol". Thats what makes him jerk.
    You don't require help though you can do it yourself. If I spent hours figuring out something no one else had yet I wouldn't just tell everyone how to do it because they are lazy and don't know how to think on their own two feet. On the other hand if their is something that actually requires extra people to do then sure he would be a jerk for not helping but this doesn't.

  11. #491
    The Patient Ryxxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Posts
    258
    the invis chest I used my 5 withered on had an upgrade for my army

  12. #492
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    Do you guys run up to random people on the street and ask them for money just because they have some and then get nasty and call names when they say no? Just wondering...
    This isn't really fair comparison, is it? You see a guy on the street, he has a nice shirt. You decide to go and ask where did he buy it because none of the stores you have visited has those. The guy says "No, i'm not going to tell you where i bought my shirt". What would you think about a person like that?

    Not that i'm complaining about Nay's silence on this. I think it's kinda fun to try and come out with a solution myself. I understand why him on this matter and i understand that he doesn't need to say anything if he so chooses.

  13. #493
    The Patient Vinushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North Germany
    Posts
    258
    Its probably nothing but I noticed there is an Inn in suramar city with dead nightborne on the floor (48.7 - 73.9). All of them are covered in a fel-coloured glow. I used spectral sight but nothing to interact with. Don't know if there are more Inns like that in suramar, especially on the east side.
    2005-2009 Ragnarok Online | 2009-2019 WoW | 2019-???? FF XIV

  14. #494
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Feralica View Post
    This isn't really fair comparison, is it? You see a guy on the street, he has a nice shirt. You decide to go and ask where did he buy it because none of the stores you have visited has those. The guy says "No, i'm not going to tell you where i bought my shirt". What would you think about a person like that?

    Not that i'm complaining about Nay's silence on this. I think it's kinda fun to try and come out with a solution myself. I understand why him on this matter and i understand that he doesn't need to say anything if he so chooses.
    You still can't compare that to Nay not telling us. Because one he's told someone it will spread like wildfire and just about every DH will wear it, where as the guy telling where he got the shirt most likely will never see the guy who asked him and will most likely, rarely ever see anyone else with it.

  15. #495
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Someone in the real world asking me for help, compared to finding a hidden/secret appearance for a weapon in a game are two different things. Try to keep up buddy.
    Besides, the first messages the guy got were death threats and insults.
    if that happened to me I wouldn't even give a hint, fuck that I'd give people misleading hints. Fortunately that has not happened to me, so I can sit here and try to work together to find it with the other people here.
    Game or not you are still dealing with real human beings. Try to keep up buddy

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    Do you guys run up to random people on the street and ask them for money just because they have some and then get nasty and call names when they say no? Just wondering...
    Bad example. Noone wants any money from him. It would cost him nothing.

    You ask stranger for directions. He can tell you but instead he tells you to fuck off. Would you think he is jerk? Just wondering

  16. #496
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Game or not you are still dealing with real human beings. Try to keep up buddy

    - - - Updated - - -



    Bad example. Noone wants any money from him. It would cost him nothing.

    You ask stranger for directions. He can tell you but instead he tells you to fuck off. Would you think he is jerk? Just wondering
    Your example is also bad because it's a mystery. For (different) example me and my friends went to the Escape Room. And after we left and successfuly escaped (first to ever do so in time) another group asked us how to finish it right before they went in. Do you think we told them? No.

  17. #497
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    You still can't compare that to Nay not telling us. Because one he's told someone it will spread like wildfire and just about every DH will wear it, where as the guy telling where he got the shirt most likely will never see the guy who asked him and will most likely, rarely ever see anyone else with it.
    And your point is...what exactly?

    None of that even come close to forming a valid point how blocking the information isn't a dick move. I personally think the appearance looks silly but some people obviously care so it seems like a pretty low move to me. I am glad groups looking for appearances for other weapons are working together to work through the clues and not being egotistical asses about it.

  18. #498
    Deleted
    [SPOIL]

    sorry for my english its not my 1st langage.
    put it here may it will help u.

    Alas, poor Varedis. We knew him well... but do not mourn him. His death was far too swift and merciful for a traitor who spilled so much Illidari blood.

    These weapons of his are truly dangerous, infused with the essence of his eredar master, Kil'jaeden. They will try to make you the Deceiver's new puppet. Do not give in to weakness as Varedis did.

    Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part One


    These weapons were owned by Varedis Felsoul. He was an Illidari, one of the finest demon hunters ever to join our ranks.

    And then he betrayed us all. The power in these weapons was Varedis's reward for turning on his brothers and sisters and joining the army he had once sworn to defeat. We cannot change what he did. But we can avenge every drop of blood that he spilled on the Legion's behalf, and with these warglaives, we can return the favor a thousand times over.

    With a little luck, these weapons will one day be turned against Varedis's master.

    Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Two


    Let us not forget what Varedis Felsoul accomplished. He was among the first five blood elves sent by the crown prince Kael'thas Sunstrider to train with Lord Illidan Stormrage as demon hunters. It was a brutal affair. Three of those elves died in training, and a fourth was lost to madness.

    Only Varedis survived. The hunger to kill demons was strong within him, too strong to let him fall before he had tasted the Legion's blood. He sacrificed his eyes with a smile and without even flinching at the pain.

    He was-he seemed to be-one of the most dedicated souls ever to challenge the Burning Legion.

    Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Three


    Once Varedis had earned his place among the Illidari, his training continued. It was a trial by fire. Inexperienced demon hunters did not have the luxury of studying for years in libraries or classrooms before entering combat. Fresh recruits were sent out on dangerous missions, accompanied by experienced mentors.

    Varedis trained with three of Illidan's best fighters. Time and time again, his blades joined theirs in spilling demonic blood across the cosmos.

    Within a year, Varedis had surpassed his mentors and was helping other recruits survive their first contacts with the Legion. He had become truly effective, occasionally accompanying Lord Illidan himself on his most important journeys.

    Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Four


    Varedis's most fateful mission was a solo task. On Outland, Lord Illidan had heard too many reports that the remnants of the Shadow Council were active. Varedis was dispatched to scout for--and steal--any information he could find.

    Little blood was spilled that day. Varedis snuck into a cave complex inhabited by Shadow Council acolytes without drawing attention to himself. He found something odd, a book that radiated with demonic essence. Inside was priceless information about the nature of demons, their weaknesses, and their habits. This tome, the Book of Fel Names, contained within it tremendous power.

    And it was impossible to remove. The Shadow Council had enchanted it in ways that stopped Varedis from taking it from the cave.

    Thinking quickly, Varedis simply imbibed as much of the book's power as he could. He left it in place, and the Shadow Council had no idea an Illidari had even been there.

    Lord Illidan praised him for his achievement. After all, using the demons' own power against them was the central purpose of a demon hunter. Varedis's pride swelled.

    Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Five


    Varedis enjoyed his heightened power for years, using it to become a stinging thorn in the Burning Legion's side. He could sense the movement of demons before he saw it happen; he understood what they were thinking before they acted.

    But Varedis did not know that he had not stolen the book's power. He had simply become linked to it.

    When the Burning Legion invaded Outland, chaos erupted. Illidan put his final plans into effect and called upon all Illidari to help him.

    Champions of the Horde and the Alliance stormed through the Dark Portal to stave off the Burning Legion's assault. They confronted members of the Shadow Council and stole the Book of Fel Names, breaking the enchantments that had held it in place.

    This would prove to be Varedis's downfall.
    Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Six


    Neither the Horde nor the Alliance understood Illidan's plans. They believed him to be an ally of the Legion. Acting upon this belief, they laid siege to the Black Temple. Many Illidari tried to stand in their way. Varedis was one of them.

    But he was confronted by powerful enemies who possessed the Book of Fel Names. They began to destroy the book, page by page, and Varedis was stunned to realize that the book's destruction was weakening him. His borrowed demonic power faded quickly.

    Varedis died in the Black Temple. His soul, imbued with demonic energy, did not rest easily in oblivion. It was whisked away to the Twisting Nether.

    Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Seven


    It is a risk all demon hunters face. By stealing the demons' power, our souls may return to their domain--and their control--after we fall in battle.

    This was Varedis Felsoul's fate. Kil'jaeden himself claimed his soul and heaped endless torment upon him.

    Varedis resisted for a time. It was not the pain that broke his spirit. Kil'jaeden is called the Deceiver for a reason, after all. The eredar lord played upon his shock from that battle in the Black Temple. Champions had been prepared to face Varedis; who had told them about his borrowed power?

    It had not been demons, certainly. The Legion would have preferred to have the Book of Fel Names back intact. It had not been the Shadow Council, for the same reason. ""It must have been the Illidari,"" Kil'jaeden told him. ""Only they knew of your power. They betrayed you.""

    Varedis would come to believe him.

    Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Eight


    Once Kil'jaeden had poisoned Varedis's mind, he began to tempt the fallen Illidari. The demon hunter had only tasted the Legion's true power. Should Varedis pledge himself to the Burning Legion, he would receive the full measure.

    Varedis agreed, breaking every one of his oaths and betraying every one of his comrades.

    Kil'jaeden had special plans for him. With the help of other eredar, Kil'jaeden conducted a dangerous, agonizing ritual, infusing a small part of his soul into Varedis's spirit. When the ritual was complete, Varedis was not a demon hunter but a demon, loyal to the Burning Legion and hungry for vengeance.

    Varedis found that his weapons, these warglaives, had also been changed. The ritual had imbued them with another slice of Kil'jaeden's astonishing power.
    Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Nine


    In the years after Varedis's conversion, he became a terror to all who might oppose the Burning Legion. World after world, city after city, innocent after innocent, he was sent to spill blood.

    Often he worked quietly. Secretly. The Burning Legion did not want any on Azeroth to know his true potential.

    But the Legion did allow him some satisfaction from time to time. Those few among the Illidari who had escaped after Illidan's death had fled to the corners of Outland and Azeroth. Varedis was dispatched to hunt them down, one by one. It was a task he relished. They had betrayed him, in his mind.

    Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Ten


    For a long time, we Illidari did not know who was hunting us. It was not until the Legion's arrival on the Broken Isles that he finally revealed himself.

    When the Vault of the Wardens was raided, a shadow was seen in the sky. Someone swooped down again and again, slaughtering the newly freed Illidari who were trying to escape. That was Varedis Felsoul. He could not resist the opportunity to butcher so many of us.

    He likely had a tactical reason for doing so. His actions alerted us to his presence. He knew somebody would come for him, one of the strongest among the Illidari, and he believed he could set a trap to kill them.

    Perhaps he regretted that decision in his last moments.

    Twinblades of the Deceiver, Part Eleven


    Let Varedis's story be a warning. He was dedicated, he was powerful, he was clever, and he was effective... and yet his will could not survive the thought that he had been betrayed by one of his own. No Illidari is without weakness. No Illidari is immune to temptation.

    The Burning Legion knows this. Whatever flaw you have, the Legion will test it.

    But until that day, let them fear us once again. These warglaives hold a measure of Kil'jaeden's power, so he was undoubtedly pleased to know that our kind was dying to their blades.

    He will not be so pleased to see what we will do with these weapons next.

    this is the book that we have in our class hall.

    im at work so cant investigate.

  19. #499
    Quote Originally Posted by tapczan100 View Post
    Your example is also bad because it's a mystery. For (different) example me and my friends went to the Escape Room. And after we left and successfuly escaped (first to ever do so in time) another group asked us how to finish it right before they went in. Do you think we told them? No.
    Quite there invalid comparison there. If people want that mystery, there is nothing forcing them to look it up.

  20. #500
    You guys are being silly about this. It's not comparable to real life situations. You act like nobody will ever find this skin if the guy doesn't come out and walk everyone through on how to get it. Eventually someone will find it out and want their 5 minutes of fame for telling everyone how to get the skin. At that point the skin will become pointless because everyone will easily be able to get it. The only ones who will care will be the ones that wanted the skin for the aesthetics rather than because it's a hidden skin.

    It's more enjoyable hunting for the skin than it would be to have someone tell you where it is right away. At least if there's time before the news on how to obtain it becomes available you'll be able to look back and judge how close all of your guesses were to being correct.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •