Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    In regards to the first post. I don't think people are getting satisfaction out of denying others of "getting what they want". A lot of the good WoW used to have was that most items were not attainable and you had to work hard to get certain things (max level professions, gear,pvp status, etc.). At one point Blizz changed its philosophy and started giving everyone everything. These conveniences have lead to the decline of WoW. I was in the best raiding guild in BC and am now part of the remnants of them and the best raiding guild in WTLK. Almost none of them play legion and almost none of them ever log in.

Thus in regards to people making others miserable, that is not the reason people want things to not be given to players. People want andRPG again and Blizz has changed from an RPG to a simple video game. I am already seeing a lot of negative about Legion and I think it is only a matter of time before the unsubbs start rolling in again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Throw in some rampant elitism and intolerance of playstyle choices different from their own, and there you have it.
    Elitism is not toxic; I believe you are using the wrong word here. An example of elitism is a guild with a history of competitive kill rankings asking for direct communication with Blizzard developers on Skype. That in itself is not "toxic behavior." In my opinion it is justified. If you're referring to someone spamming trade chat "LOL NOOB CHECK MY GEAR," I'm sorry to say that isn't elitism.

Likewise, your usage of "intolerance" seems faulty here. If I run a guild and someone wants to play a spec incorrectly (that is, for lower performance on an encounter) you are suggesting I would be toxic for telling them to change it.

The casual dumpster players used to know their place and play what was given to them. Now the new spoiled brat kids need everything handed to them so we have 9 raid modes, Ilvl inflation like Zimbabwe, class mechanics designed for retards, no flying, pet battles.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    all these guys who post something * xxx is this because* or *the reason is* u should go apply for some CEo shit and make multibillion companys because lets be hones u are the guys who got an answer for everything! why can't blizz think of any of this!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    No it was not inconvenience, it was knowingly using a spell as a hunter that you should not use in such situations. As a tank and a hunter you deserved your kick.
    If you're saying I pulled more mobs on purpose, then that's not true. I failed, that's true. The group didn't wipe, it was on normal.

Ultimately people are going to make mistakes and should be given a chance. Kicking someone after he made a mistake is just mean and disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Elitism is not toxic; I believe you are using the wrong word here. An example of elitism is a guild with a history of competitive kill rankings asking for direct communication with Blizzard developers on Skype. That in itself is not "toxic behavior." In my opinion it is justified. If you're referring to someone spamming trade chat "LOL NOOB CHECK MY GEAR," I'm sorry to say that isn't elitism.

Likewise, your usage of "intolerance" seems faulty here. If I run a guild and someone wants to play a spec incorrectly (that is, for lower performance on an encounter) you are suggesting I would be toxic for telling them to change it.
    I said "rampant elitism and intolerance". It's one thing to run a top-end guild and expect it's members to be the best of the best. It's another thing entirely when trade chat spam looking for random players is asking for 50 iLVLs higher than the loot that drops from the run, and players are votekicked from LFD runs for having a single gem out of place, or because the boss doesn't get killed fast enough(even if it is killed and no one dies).

When people believe it is their right to tell anyone and everyone how to play, even when they themselves are not specced optimally or playing perfectly. When When people act like they expect everyone to be in that top 1% of high-end players, even though they're in LFR or other entry-level content. That's what I'm talking about.

The top end players who are on the cutting edge of raid progression are not the entire community. They're only a tiny percentage. What I'm talking about is when the attitude spreads into the rest of the community, even when the people in that community will never, EVER play at that level. And yet they act like anyone who doesn't play at that level is trash.

Don't tell me you haven't seen it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The top end players who are on the cutting edge of raid progression are not the entire community. They're only a tiny percentage. What I'm talking about is when the attitude spreads into the rest of the community
    there are those in the top 1% of raiding guilds who are not douchebags who spread toxicity. I think your making a generalization there.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    there are those in the top 1% of raiding guilds who are not douchebags who spread toxicity. I think your making a generalization there.
    I am totally making a generalization, but not about the top 1% of raiding guilds. I'm sure plenty of them are great people. But when they need to they are perfectly justified in acting with an elitist attitude, because that's what their level of play requires.

What I'm speaking of is the rest of everyone else, who likes to THINK they're justified in copping an elitist attitude in levels of play where it has no business.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason is because there's no reason not to be. Players can just act however they want with no repurcussions, especially with CRZ and LFG. Honestly after being resubbed for less than a month, I already miss the terrible, godawful, does less dps than healers players of FFXIV just because of how much more enjoyable its community as a whole is. I also believe that blizzard enables this behavior even more with PvP outside of battlegrounds. Honestly, just think about it, what kind of player gets enjoyment from killing others who aren't interested in fighting back? It takes a special kind of sociopath to gank someone who is just trying to complete a profession quest with a bugged out bodyguard in the underbelly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    And too old.
    Age has nothing to do with it. It's human nature. Put a group of people together with differing opinions and goals and they fight. Hell we see Toxic behavior with 6 month old children.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    You can replace Toxic in WoW with Toxic in IRL!
    Its people in general
    People IRL aren't this bad. Mostly because they'd get punched in the fact if they were.

Honestly, I think a lot of the problem is that players of vastly different ability are lumped in together combined with the fact that the game treats necessary equipment as a reward. I'm never gonna get thrown into a basketball game with NBA-level players (or players who think they're NBA level). Nor are they gonna gripe that I'm using the same gear as they do.

Ironically, "bads" actually need gear upgrades more than their "elite" peers since it's the only way to make up for their lack of skill.