Page 27 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    There is a point when nostalgia goes too far.... This is the case with this weapon. At this point the entire chain seems lazy rather than interesting as it is directly from all the theories from the original hunt.
    Not only that, but you have to do PVP in AV.
    Scratch that... PVP in AV for a low drop item.
    Scratch that... PVP in AV for a low drop item from a player who will release before you can loot.
    Scratch that... PVP in AV for a low drop item from a player who will release before you can loot, and need to fight every other person who wants it.
    Scratch that... PVP in AV for a low drop item from a player who will release before you can loot, and need to fight every other person who wants to sell it for ridiculously high prices and wave it across our faces.

Why, Blizzard? Why are some hidden skins so easy, while others are nigh impossible?

EDIT: I take it back. I just got my AV Nat Pagle book. Now just need to wait when Elda will talk to me.
    Last edited by Krek01; 2016-09-13 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Got the item I needed

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Doesn't his throwing it into the river also harken back to the next clue in the original thread, where the writer found stuff that had been swept downriver? Check there before it necessarily being a fishing thing.
    leefa checked the whole river top to bottom 3 times now, including all of darrowmere lake adjacent to it (the one around scholo).

other potential ideas are that it might have been swept all the way down to southshore (where pagle came into contact with the sphere maybe? no idea at this point)

or that a certain Fishing Skill is required (the one angling right now has around 350 only )

EDIT: IT'S FISHING! Leefa just fished the Shard of Darkness out of the Thondroril River

Quote Originally Posted by Kashydan View Post
    leefa checked the whole river top to bottom 3 times now, including all of darrowmere lake adjacent to it (the one around scholo).

other potential ideas are that it might have been swept all the way down to southshore (where pagle came into contact with the sphere maybe? no idea at this point)

or that a certain Fishing Skill is required (the one angling right now has around 350 only )

EDIT: IT'S FISHING! Leefa just fished the Shard of Darkness out of the Thondroril River
    Random or in a fishing node or where? Any chance we can get a SS of the map where he was when he fished it up?

The dialog from Timolain:

http://imgur.com/a/bKLoa

I just fished in the water right where the slime spawned. Took around 350 casts in total.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So it requires PvP, tons of artefact knowledge, a boss with a stupidly long respawn time and FISHING?! Blizzard said it would be fun, so far it's exactly the opposite of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So it requires PvP, tons of artefact knowledge, a boss with a stupidly long respawn time and FISHING?! Blizzard said it would be fun, so far it's exactly the opposite of fun.
    Would you rather just go to a vendor and buy it for some gold?
    Because that doesnt sound like fun.

I think this is pretty cool. I look foward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Its a skin, you dont need it. Sounds like fun though, good luck to all you Paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suto View Post

I'd rather we get it without having to do some of the worst features in the game that are completely unrelated to the artifact to begin with.

I mean seriously, fishing for the Ashbringer? Give me a break. It was a nice theory in vanilla, but now it's just tedious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suto View Post

It's cool on paper.
    It's less cool when you consider that the whole thing is time- and RNG-gated.

Is getting the books together and presenting them along with the head of a dragon fun and/or epic? Yes.
    Is waiting for your artifact research fun or epic? No, but it takes 2 months. You can of course AFK this part, so w/e.
    Is waiting for a faction-tagged mob to spawn fun or epic. No, but it takes 16 hours or more if you can't tag it at first spawn.
    Is fishing for 300-400 casts fun or epic? No, but it takes 1.5-2 hours.

I get that this is a reference to the old theories and myths, but there is a lack of activity. You travel some, you PvP some (in the shitshow that is AV). Then you wait. Then you wait some more. Then you wait as you fish. And then the "epic" and "fun" journey is over.

I hope I'm not alone in thinking this is awesome.
    People can criticize if they like, and its fair, but the vanilla player in me just loves how cool this is.
    Requires a lot of effort, and potentially luck....the payoff seems worth.
    And thats the point, is the payoff worth the hassle? Eye of the Beholder and all that...

Quote Originally Posted by Religion- View Post
    I hope I'm not alone in thinking this is awesome.
    People can criticize if they like, and its fair, but the vanilla player in me just loves how cool this is.
    Requires a lot of effort, and potentially luck....the payoff seems worth.
    And thats the point, is the payoff worth the hassle? Eye of the Beholder and all that...
    I wouldn't mind it if not for the pvp one (does it drop if you kill the npcs in AV?) and if not for the artifact knowledge.

I wouldn't mind it if not for the pvp one (does it drop if you kill the npcs in AV?) and if not for the artifact knowledge.
    Feel like the time-gating by the AK is rather fitting.
    Its time-gating that makes thematic sense.
    It also gives you time to get the other stuff together without too much rush.
    You have to consider gathering this in the context of the wider game.
    There is TONS of content to do daily.
    When do you fit all of this in?
    I play 3-4 hours a day after work every day and I still struggle to get everything done without the World Boss attunement, and this quest.
    This is without raiding every night and doing mythic+ .
    The time-gate feels like a breather period to slowly work on the first steps without a need to rush it.

I play 3-4 hours a day after work every day and I still struggle to get everything done without the World Boss attunement, and this quest.
    The time-gate feels like a breather period to slowly work on the first steps without a need to rush it.
    It feels too excessive in my opinion. I mean, months?

Btw, can you kill the slime and loot Timolain's Phylactery early in the questchain or does the slime only drop it when you are at that stage?
    Last edited by Acelius; 2016-09-13 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    It feels too excessive in my opinion. I mean, months?
    That's fair.
    What is a proper amount of time for this reward?
    What is the proper amount of effort you should put in?
    What if you had to do daily tasks for months instead of just waiting for a timer?
    A huge quest chain, faction grind, achievements, ect...
    A time-gate that still took that amount of time, but not so apparent as just waiting for a literal clock to tick down.

Then all of them should be that way. As is this is the only confirmed appearance that will not be available sept. 20th.

Then all of them should be that way. As is this is the only confirmed appearance that will not be available sept. 20th.
    When did parity become mandatory?
    Especially for eye-candy.

There is no reason to rush. They shouldn't have to force you to take your time, that's on the player to do. If someone wants to rush though everything, let them. Artificial gating benefits no one.

Its a video game. Everything to shiny 850 Titanforged blues to rare mounts is eye candy. There is no reason to put the appearance behind a 2 month+ wait time. Imagine if they did that for something like raids or for 2 months battlegrounds arent available.

Deleted
    That's fair.
    What is a proper amount of time for this reward?
    What is the proper amount of effort you should put in?
    What if you had to do daily tasks for months instead of just waiting for a timer?
    A huge quest chain, faction grind, achievements, ect...
    A time-gate that still took that amount of time, but not so apparent as just waiting for a literal clock to tick down.
    The time it takes to figure it out, to get the stuff for it, to complete the quests. THat's worth it.
    But I guess some other specs also have to wait for content, like Guardian druid that get theirs from Emerald Nightmare raid.

It's boring. It doesn't really mean anything at all to the value of it that you have to just wait.

Shall I point out that the eye-candy is being delay by something we have no control over? Or the fact that it also puts us behind on getting the other colors?
    Complete 100 dungeons using a hidden artifact appearance. Complete 200 World Quests using a hidden artifact appearance. Kill 1,000 enemy players using a hidden artifact appearance.

That's some time consuming activites and you can't do any of it without the hidden skin. Why do we have to be put a couple months behind on cosmetics? If every spec had this problem then at least we could all grumble together but not even holy or prot has to deal with this. Specs within the same class are being bitch slapped for no reason. Why should we?