Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

did anyone else level to 110 holy spec?

just curious, as i didnt seem to come across anyone else on my solo travels?

Ohh heeelll naaaww. Fuck that smite spam. I tried it for like 5 minutes and went back to disc.

I am. Lvl 104 atm. Doing lot of dungeon also as holy. Sp doesn t fir my playstyle and disci .. Never tryed

Sent from Demon's Island using Hokuto no Ken

100% as holy with only 1 dungeon at the end
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Yes. I did 100-110 solo all the way holy. Wasn't fun. I'm doing other stuff as disc max level now. (holy for dungeons). I tried shadow and almost die to 1 mob. I can take on big mobs as disc.

Any feedback on your experience? Would you tell people not to do it? If you had a chance to level ele., Would you say it is as bad as that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by secondratetech View Post
    Any feedback on your experience? Would you tell people not to do it? If you had a chance to level ele., Would you say it is as bad as that?
    tbh, towards the end it was getting a little tedious. there is a lot of smiting & i do mean a lot, but you do get holy fire & chastise too - which does make things a little easier. i found that using holy nova when killing 2 or more mobs quite handy, especially when tagging others pulls. i think for people who have a high boredom threshold, which i do, leveling holy overall wouldnt be too bad.
    that said, im just glad i finally got to 110.

a small edit. using felmouth frenzy, which were incredibly cheap to buy at the AH, actually helped quite a bit too.
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2016-09-04 at 06:21 AM.

Deleted
    I leveled from 100 to 110 as Holy with maybe 1 or 2 dungeons. It was slow going, and Legion's excessive use of knockbacks makes it more than irritating at times, but it was doable and I never died once. I would recommend getting a bodyguard ASAP though, every little bit helps.

Now at ilevel 816 though I'm doing my daily world quests with ease, still as Holy.

yepp... 100->109 as holy and final stretch now with 300k exp to go... smitesmiteholyfiresmitesmiteHOLYWORDsmitesmite "ftw"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    yepp... 100->109 as holy and final stretch now with 300k exp to go... smitesmiteholyfiresmitesmiteHOLYWORDsmitesmite "ftw"
    hallelujah brother/sister!!

Well, I mean, I'm not 110 yet...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Well, I mean, I'm not 110 yet...
    i know. i was just showing you some encouragement, tex

I leveled all the way to 110 as Holy. Never touched Disc once other than to get the artifact weapon at 102. It's a tad bit slower, but it's really not that bad. Holy Nova is OP for groups. I found myself just grabbing 5-7 mobs at Holy Nova them to death.

I also did all the Suramar questslines as Holy. Currently working my way through Honored > Revered. Comfortably sitting at ilvl 840. Bring on the Mythic+ dungeons!

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    just curious, as i didnt seem to come across anyone else on my solo travels?
    Holy all the way.

It was not that bad. I mean, compared to Cataclysm levelling as holy, this was downright comfortable.

Upsides:
    - DPS decent (for holy)
    - Unkillable
    - Can tank lots of mobs at once
    - Street cred
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    I went as disc, shadow was... not working out.

I did but was part of a 5man group who just aoe pulled all mobs etc - Holy Nova spam was easy win with a full group.

Dinged max in about 10 hrs

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    i know. i was just showing you some encouragement, tex
    Uhhh, I'm not Dawon.

I was responding to the OP.
    Last edited by Jetstream; 2016-09-05 at 01:19 AM.

Yes, I leveled 100-110 as holy and didn't do a single dungeon run while leveling. I haven't changed spec at all except one single time when I wanted to use Mind Vision to check for some treasures. I really miss having Mind Vision tbh
    You can do a lot on your own, like killing rares and mobs with millions of hp and things like those four elite mobs in Suramar City that you need to kill for an enchanting quest(but maybe all classes+speces can do that :P).

I feel like Blizzard has overdone it with mobs that have a knockback effect though. It has really irritated me actually.

15+ Year Old Account
    I gave in at 104 and went Disc. I was literally having to use 30-40 Smites just to kill some of the bigger enemies as Holy and couldnt deal with it anymore. And i fully agree about the knockbacks, almost every rare in Highmountain and Stormheim had a knockback i swear.

Yeah I also leveled 100-110 as just Holy. It wasn't terrible and honestly I picked up shadow for a short period when I got bored of smiting, but honestly didn't feel like shadow was much faster and you just die easier IMO.