Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been saying it for a while, to many human beings on the planet, breeding out of control.

Also, we now know, Lego is evil.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2016-09-04 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Agriculture isn't predicted to collapse, so why worry about it?
    I am not worried about it. I am just saying that what is happening fits the definition of a new epoch as defined by the term "epoch."

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Oh, I get that. But the reality is, at least to me, human advancement trumps some random undiscovered species. Trying to "protect" the unknown is just as stupid as religion.
    Your assumption is that humans aren't advanced by discovering new species. Which has little basis in reality; in truth, the discovery of new plant and animal species tends to enhance human quality of life. What is ridiculous is trying to "protect" the unknown...while refusing to discover said unknown.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Your assumption is that humans aren't advanced by discovering new species. Which has little basis in reality; in truth, the discovery of new plant and animal species tends to enhance human quality of life. What is ridiculous is trying to "protect" the unknown...while refusing to discover said unknown.
    Fair enough.

What few discoveries of new life doesn't compare to the current extinction level event ongoing: Holocene Extinction

The Holocene extinction, otherwise referred to as the Sixth extinction or Anthropocene extinction, is a name for the ongoing extinction event of species during the present Holocene epoch (11,700 years before AD 2000) mainly due to human activity. The large number of extinctions span numerous families of plants and animals including mammals, birds, amphibians, reptiles and arthropods. Although 875 extinctions occurring between 1500 and 2009 have been documented by the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources, with widespread degradation of highly biodiverse habitats such as coral reefs and rainforest, as well as other areas, the vast majority are thought to be undocumented. According to the species-area theory and based on upper-bound estimating, the present rate of extinction may be up to 140,000 species per year, making it the greatest loss of biodiversity since the Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event.

The ecology of Homo sapiens has been noted as being that of an unprecedented 'global superpredator' that regularly preys on the adults of other apex predators and has worldwide effects on food webs. Extinctions of species have occurred on every land mass and ocean, with many famous examples within Africa, Asia, Europe, Australia, North and South America, and on smaller islands. Overall, the Holocene extinction can be characterized by the human impact on the environment. The Holocene extinction continues into the 21st century, with overfishing, ocean acidification and the amphibian crisis being a few broader examples of an almost universal, cosmopolitan decline of biodiversity.
    It has been suggested human activity has made the period following the mid-20th century different enough from the Holocene to consider it a new geological epoch, known as the Anthropocene, which will be considered for implementation into the timeline of Earth's history by the International Commission on Stratigraphy in 2016.

why are you listening to scientists? religious theologians are the *real* experts, you know.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

When I saw the title, I immediately thought: "oh my God, here comes another Maurice Strong heirs shit", and I could pretty much PREDICT from which organisms it would be coming. Saw Working Group. Prediction Done. In just this one minute, I have predicted, correctly, more things than all of Maurice Strong`s heirs and lackeys in their ENTIRE lifetime. Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by nuMbxx View Post
    1st - I find it utterly tragic and hilarious that you have a Charles Darwin quote in your footer that "seems" to be speaking against slavery of black folk. Yet everyone who knows the full definition of Darwin's devilish book knows that evolution is at its core RACIST.

2nd - God is going to destroy everything with fire one day.

3rd - How do they know what was going on "thousands and millions of years ago". (THEY DON'T)

4th - If you believe in the flood of Noah, geography and evidence lends itself to a much younger earth

5th - Your worldview seems atheistic --- I ask you to please branch out and look for the truth of God as found in Jesus Christ (the Son of God).

6th - Read Romans 1 to see why you believe like you do, it literally describes you and was written thousands of years ago

7th - Until I get scientific (observable, repeatable) evidence that the Earth is "millions" of years old or that monkeys are my ancestor, I will continue to find it incredibly offensive both to our value as humans and God's glory when people like yourself strip humanity of all dignity and liken us to animals.

infracted - forbidden topics
    Holy fucking shit what did I just read. God fucking damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    why are you listening to scientists? religious theologians are the *real* experts, you know.
    You mean "scientists" that NEVER got their predictions or studies right and that resort to personal attacks and fraudulent data manipulation instead of hipothesis changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/concurrent

The point is that nothing about what you're talking about has any connection to First Nations ecological practices.

This is just slanderous nonsense.
    Ah,I think I see the misunderstanding. I am not talking about you. I am not talking about policymakers or the informed in general. I'm talking directly about a certain sentiment I'm reading in this thread specifically.

Hopefully that clears up any confusion.
    Last edited by Puddlejumper; 2016-09-05 at 08:45 AM.