Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Now, the same experience as a BM hunter 15 ilvls lower. Lolmisdirect @ pet, bestial wrath, barrage, kill command. Three bodies to loot seven seconds after fight starts.
    I've heard that BM is a one-button retard spec now. Shadow might now be good at burst damage, but good on bosses I think.
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2016-09-06 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    I just feel like people want one button that kills everything and if they don't have that, they whine like shit about it. I'm not main Shadow myself, but it looks like people are doing just fine on bosses compared to other classes.
    What you feel is irrelevant. This isn't about complexity, its about the results we're getting. Carry on blathering while we have facts to back us up and you have "feelings" about what you thing we're saying. You aren't contributing anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    - Enemies hit everyone like a truck after they ding 110.
    What? I never dip below 95% HP and I take like 5 enemies at a time! Oh... I forgot to mention I am a Guardian Druid

I just feel like people want one button that kills everything and if they don't have that, they whine like shit about it. I'm not main Shadow myself, but it looks like people are doing just fine on bosses compared to other classes.
    So you don't play the class, look at a situation people are not complaining about and then decide that the other situation that people do actually complain about does not exist?

go troll somewhere else.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris
    Interesting = good somehow?
    I'd say that it's interesting in the sense that observing the spec should develop a scientific interest in studying what kind of thought processes can make a group of developers produce something like the current SP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    So you don't play the class, look at a situation people are not complaining about and then decide that the other situation that people do actually complain about does not exist?

go troll somewhere else.
    I said I'm not main Shadow, I'm Holy. I leveled as Shadow. It wasn't amazing but it was fine. You're not going to take on 5 mobs as Shadow, which is fine with me. Don't really see how other peoples ability to kill stuff with one button makes Shadow worse somehow.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Without Sol, questing is horrible. I didn't notice any real improvement from 800 to 840. I mean, sure, spell hits harder, stuff dies faster and I have more hitpoints. It's still down to the same "terrible outside Voidform, good while in it". Every other pull is a struggle to fill that insanity bar, so I can finally start doing some damage. Then there's some shitty knockback, silence or stun and I'm unable to keep up with Voidform. I remember some random rare having 6 second long aoe fear. That in itself is annoying, but it was pretty much a guaranteed voidform drop. Oh, and I hope no enemy has summons, since those 300k swarming trash are actually a threat for us. Even Shadowcrash doesn't one shot them outside crit, and trying to Mind Sear them down is a horrible experience.

Meanwhile, my WW alt is making sure to collect as many mobs as possible, so he can two shot them with their artifact ability and channeled aoe. And if that doesn't work, it's 5 second aoe stun and finishing them off with something else. I'm sure it evens out on raid bosses, but it makes world questing miserable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Meanwhile, my WW alt is making sure to collect as many mobs as possible, so he can two shot them with their artifact ability and channeled aoe. .
    That sounds more like a problem with Monks.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can easily swap Monks for most melee, so no.

With tanks it's slightly different, but it's really "encouraging" to see one pull half of Suramar city and grind them down, while you struggle to avoid too many patrols.

Then you shouln't see DH in decent gear. I am currently at 824 with shitty relics, and i can kill any number of normal 110 open-world mobs with fury of the illidary alone.

...And yes, i enjoy it alot^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    Then you shouln't see DH in decent gear. I am currently at 824 with shitty relics, and i can kill any number of normal 110 open-world mobs with fury of the illidary alone.

...And yes, i enjoy it alot^^
    Again, that sounds boring as shit. That you can kill everything with one button. Don't see how that makes Shadow a bad spec.

I've heard that BM is a one-button retard spec now. Shadow might now be good at burst damage, but good on bosses I think.
    I wonder if you have some poblems with reading.

You may replace BM hunter with anything, really. Fury warr: avatar, reckleshness, bladestorm, three bodies to loot. WW monk/Havoc: roll on keyboard, everything will die in two globals. Outlaw rogue: blade flurry, artifact ability, [saber slash, run through] x3, three bodies to loot. Affliction warlock: just dot everything and spam filler and you will always be at 95+% hp. Etc, etc. It is not a problem with other classes, it is a problem with absolutely shitty shadow design, which has too few pros for too many cons.

Oh, and boss damage is not everything, and other classes have it at good levels as well, by the way. You know what really drives me insane whan I play SP? A 5 million rare which spawns 300k hp mobs (AKA every third rare in Legion). This is fucking worst experience I've ever had in game, ever. You can't kill them in one swadowcrash, you can't just ignore them and cleave them like everyone does, you can't deal damage to anything because these bitches hit you like a trucks, so all what is left for you is to dot them and endlessly kite and heal yourself. And then, when they are finally dead and you have 1/3 of mana left, second wave of adds come... /sigh
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-09-06 at 10:46 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Without Sol, questing is horrible. I didn't notice any real improvement from 800 to 840. I mean, sure, spell hits harder, stuff dies faster and I have more hitpoints. It's still down to the same "terrible outside Voidform, good while in it". Every other pull is a struggle to fill that insanity bar, so I can finally start doing some damage. Then there's some shitty knockback, silence or stun and I'm unable to keep up with Voidform. I remember some random rare having 6 second long aoe fear. That in itself is annoying, but it was pretty much a guaranteed voidform drop. Oh, and I hope no enemy has summons, since those 300k swarming trash are actually a threat for us. Even Shadowcrash doesn't one shot them outside crit, and trying to Mind Sear them down is a horrible experience.

Meanwhile, my WW alt is making sure to collect as many mobs as possible, so he can two shot them with their artifact ability and channeled aoe. And if that doesn't work, it's 5 second aoe stun and finishing them off with something else. I'm sure it evens out on raid bosses, but it makes world questing miserable.
    This. Also i just got a neat idea QoL change for shadows, mostly pvp but would be amazing in pve as well - pause insanity drain+stop gaining stacks of voidform while cced. Do you think this would be too much? How could something like this be balanced if so?

Shadow is in desperate need of an AoE buff. Even sustained AoE is bad, and burst AoE is atrocious.

it doesn't kill -everything- with 1 button, i was talking about random openworld enemies.

And i did not say it has any effect on priest. on that regard i am of the opinion that we currently have no even testing field for all dps speccs.
    or in other words: don't judge a runner's worth by making him climb a mountain.

we currently have no spriest-freindly encounters, but a lot of burst / cleave friendly ones

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Oh, and boss damage is not everything, and other classes have it at good levels as well, by the way. You know what really drives me insane whan I play SP? A 5 million rare which spawns 300k hp mobs (AKA every third rare in Legion). This is fucking worst experience I've ever had in game, ever. You can't kill them in one swadowcrash, you can't just ignore the, and cleave them like everyone does, you can't deal damage to anything because these bitches hit you like a trucks, so all what is left for you is to dot them and endlessly kite and heal yourself. And then, when they are finally dead and you have 1/3 of mana left, second wave of adds come... /sigh
    This thing... We're actually threatened by those swarming mobs. They don't seem to do that much damage, but when you can't you kill them in couple seconds, it start to add up very quickly. Doting them one by one is a horrible experience, Shadowcrash has a long cooldown and rares generally summon more waves even if you don't kill the first one. Even worse when they don't despawn after the summoner is dead - it feels like it's better to run away than try to kill them, since it takes forever.

It's really annoying and somewhat humiliating. Other classes either ignore the damage those mobs do or burst them down easily. But not Shadow, since this would appearently make us overpowered.

Deleted
    I said I'm not main Shadow, I'm Holy.
    Well why don't try playing shadow in dungeons a few times before sharing your thoughts next time? After those runs maybe you could even try to form a somewhat informed opinion?

Go run a few heroics and mythics with all the mages, hunters, rogues and DPS-specced demon hunters, death knights and monks destroying us on damage meters. And then come back and tell us how you feel about it. Because I did and I felt embarrassed and disgusted with my class, it actually made me want to apologize people I was playing with for how shadow is designed.

Yes, I was decent on boss fights, however dungeons are more than just boss encounters.

At this point I'm leveling my mage and I won't be touching my priest until I see some substantial buffs to our viability in dungeons. Being carried from boss to boss just to do some decent damage there is not my idea of fun.

Totally agree with this, I have a SP and think it is currently really fun and challenging. Although I do agree our AoE needs to be better.
    Last edited by Heavens Night; 2016-09-06 at 11:49 AM.

It's really annoying and somewhat humiliating. Other classes either ignore the damage those mobs do or burst them down easily. But not Shadow, since this would appearently make us overpowered.
    Humiliating is a very fitting word. Seriously, I even got whispers from other players who comfort me, pitying me for playing shadow priest...

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    Totally agree with this, I have a SP and think it is currently really fun and challenging.
    So, a dude who never played shadow priest because he is a healer enjoys Shadow spec, and an occasional mage visitor totally agrees with his opinion. Way to go guys.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    I decided to level my shadow priest to 110 first, because I liked its playstyle the most of all specs during pre-patch (I'm an arena player).
    The only PvE I every did was challenge modes, and so I wanted to try mythic+ dungeons.
    Some of my friends carried me in heroics to gear up, after a few instances I hit 720 ilvl and we started mythics.
    At this point I was mostly on par with both other dps on boss fights (Ash'Golm: Mage 129k, DK 120k, me 111k, tank 80k, healer 60k DPS), however I fell behind on trash obviously.
    After we were done with mythics we carried a friend in heroics (790 uh-dk). It was disgusting how much more AoE dmg he did than me (734, no major artifact trait yet), and he was also pretty close in single target dps. (He just dinged 110, and did about 330k AoE dps while I struggled to get to 200k).

This paired with the horrible questing experience with Voidform and just about every mob in the game having a silence / knock / stun for Void Torrent really doesn't feel good at all.

I haven't tried PvP yet, but I hope it's gonna be a better experience than dungeons / questing.