Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I saw someone with epic ilvl 840 pvp gear... How?

I can't find any information on this, how could someone obtain ilvl 840 epic pvp gear?

Isnt PvP gear locked by prestige? He probably plays a lot, aka ranked up.

I got 2 845 pvp items from world quests

Got all my ilvl 840 gear from the PvP world quests. BGs reward up to 825 (rarely).

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Prestige has only Artifact power or gold rewards as you rank up. The prestige rank gives you cosmetics. Frame portaits, mounts, artifact weapon skin etc.

World quests, the gear scales with your ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Got all my ilvl 840 gear from the PvP world quests. BGs reward up to 825 (rarely).

Prestige has only Artifact power or gold rewards as you rank up. The prestige rank gives you cosmetics. Frame portaits, mounts, artifact weapon skin etc.
    Whats a frame portrait?

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    I can't find any information on this, how could someone obtain ilvl 840 epic pvp gear?
    Its titanforged from the " PvP " world quests out in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Whats a frame portrait?
    It's art around your character's picture next to health/resource bars in Blizzard's default unit frames.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I thought it was gated by RBG/Arena rating? the higher your rating the higher the ilvl of the gear that drops/spawns/is bestowed upon you by the RNG gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I thought it was gated by RBG/Arena rating? the higher your rating the higher the ilvl of the gear that drops/spawns/is bestowed upon you by the RNG gods.
    Yep, Random BGs give you same ilvl gear, Rated pvp after a certain rating (maybe 1.6k-1.8k) you start getting higher ilvl gear, with a certain high rating (no official numbers) you get Mythic equaled ilvl pvp gear, personally i think this rating will be somewhere between 2.5k and 2.7k, but this is me guessing, so i might be wrong

The 840+ may have been nerfed sometime tonight, I'm starting to get 805+ on world quest again. I could be wrong though....

The ilvl of pvp world quests are linked to your honor lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    The ilvl of pvp world quests are linked to your honor lvl.
    Yea they must of fixed it, before last night it was scaling with your gear ilvl.

@Those of you who're getting epic 840 gear, what honor level do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by thazig View Post
    Yea they must of fixed it, before last night it was scaling with your gear ilvl.
    Never had a reward above 805/810 with low honor level. Was 841 yesterday too.

Quote Originally Posted by pucca View Post
    @Those of you who're getting epic 840 gear, what honor level do you have?
    I had 2 WQ's that gave 840 ilvl gear at Honor Level 17. Of course, one of them was bugged because the Alliance NPCs were there and not the Horde ones and I missed out. Next round they went back to 805's.

Prestige 1, honor 25 and I have 3 850 items.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the somewhat limited testing between me and a couple of friends you seem to start getting 840 items from world quests at about level 16-20 range with some 805 items still mixed in. As your honor level gets higher you seem to get more 840 items and fewer 805. Personally at honor level 38 i haven't seen an 805 item since i finished the center column(honor level 28).

The 850 items are titenforged, right? So you just egt them if you are very lucky? Or is the chance rather high?

pvp gear doesn't do anything though right? it's the same as pve gear or does it scale in bgs or something?

Gearing is so messed up in Legion and the first season has not even started! Wait till you see players with higher gear ilevels from raids/rated arenas smashing lowly BG geared players.

It will be hilarious.