Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    You wanna save Sanctify always and use Serenity on tanks have renew up on every target. Cause when Serenity hits and if you have Divinity talent spec, you are gonna heal your group for 500k-1m each. Mastery is the stat you should go for after intellect and then crit > haste.

If your targets die way to quick it's the people not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    Is that from that abomination of a path on IV that leaves out Improved PoH and Guardians of the Light for near last? Blessing of Tu'ure hardly even functions. It's not even an RPPM, just a chance on chance. For that you give up Light of Tu'ure, Serenity Now, and Improved PoH.

It's a lot like our 100 talents: For a lot of people it doesn't much matter, but for the ones who are struggling to heal, the tools are there. They're just over on the bottom left.
    I don't know where you're talking about but Blessing of T'uure works just fine. And you can say all you want about that path on IV but if you wanna have a better alround setup that's fine for both 5 mans and raids you kinda have to go right and get Blessings of T'uure as 1st golden trait. Even if you have a low proc rate on Blessings of T'uure there is still the reduction of the holy word cooldowns and improved healing by those holy words, stronger (flash) heals, a buff to healing done by PoH after casting santify. And yes I gave up on Improved PoH(went for the stronger PoH of santify) and yes I gave up on serenity now(while 15% on it is nice early on it gets weaker compared to other traits when you hit higher ilvls) But most of all I didnt use any points on Trust of Light which close to the worst thing you can spend your points on.

And no I have no problems at all healing in mythics even when I started healing them at ilvl 820 I did fine and had enough moments I could throw in some dps.

OT Flash Heal and Heal are just fine. Yes you will be spamming flash heal a bit at lower ilvls cause the tank is weaker and you miss a lot of that tasty mastery, intel and crit. But that can be compensated by using serenity in most cases. And in some cases you also will have a tank thats not that geared or is just not used to the new tanking. But with a decent tank you will see that you use heal instead of flash heal and even have times you dps to proc SoL which is enough to keep the tank going.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You need to realize that the success of healing is not 100% reliant on the healer. If the tank is shit and/or shit geared, you're going to have trouble healing him no matter what. This isn't vanilla/BC where tanks have 0 defensives and just sit there holding threat. Tanks are based around active mitigation and/or self healing.

Tank survival is more of a 50-50 now. The tank uses his active mitigation and damage absorption/healing abilities, and the healer uses his heals.

If you are going full ham spamming the tank and still can't keep him up, that's not your fault, that's the tank's fault, either underskilled or undergeared. Gold artifact traits are not necessary for healing, they're just bonuses.
    I'll grant you ALL that but there is value in comparing things (disc vs holy, one path vs another) but people always shut down that conversation with 'I'm so good I don't need the benefits you're listing'.

If people don't think Light of T'uure is worth going for first they should give arguments why and not just 'I'm good'. That's not at all helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfullmoon View Post
    i spammed my flash heal on him 5 strait flash heals didn't do anything to him
    If that's true then your tank has been putting himself in a situation where he was taking way more damage than he's supposed to.

Once you start getting some elevated stats with crit and mastery plus partnering traits, flash and heal are more than enough to tunnel anyone in party or raid. I did find it felt weak to begin with until you got some gear. If your tank is dying then he is probably doing something wrong if you have addressed all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by dapperedodo View Post
    I don't know where you're talking about but Blessing of T'uure works just fine. And you can say all you want about that path on IV but if you wanna have a better alround setup that's fine for both 5 mans and raids you kinda have to go right and get Blessings of T'uure as 1st golden trait. Even if you have a low proc rate on Blessings of T'uure there is still the reduction of the holy word cooldowns and improved healing by those holy words, stronger (flash) heals, a buff to healing done by PoH after casting santify. And yes I gave up on Improved PoH(went for the stronger PoH of santify) and yes I gave up on serenity now(while 15% on it is nice early on it gets weaker compared to other traits when you hit higher ilvls) But most of all I didnt use any points on Trust of Light which close to the worst thing you can spend your points on.
    Blessings of Tu'ure and Power of the Naaru are the same distance left or right. I actually think the debate is between transformational traits and throughput traits. Reverence and Words of Healing buff the bulk of your actual healing. However, Holy Guidance and Say Your Prayers change how you play - into a possibly more efficient/effective pattern.

OT Flash Heal and Heal are just fine. Yes you will be spamming flash heal a bit at lower ilvls cause the tank is weaker and you miss a lot of that tasty mastery, intel and crit. But that can be compensated by using serenity in most cases. And in some cases you also will have a tank thats not that geared or is just not used to the new tanking. But with a decent tank you will see that you use heal instead of flash heal and even have times you dps to proc SoL which is enough to keep the tank going.
    I think the issue I have with Heal is that dps tends to take precedence in the situations where I'd be tempted to cast Heal. If Serenity isn't on cooldown, I still have to wait for an appropriate moment to use it. If Serenity is on cooldown, there are relatively few situations where I need to cool it down but don't need the throughput of Flash Heal.