Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    Yeah, you're going to have to elaborate on how I apparently "don't know how stagger and purifying brew work."
    For your example to work you would have to almost instantly purify all damage you take, but that doesn't work because PB is on a CD with a charge system. Since you will in reality take a lot of hits before purifying you will take a lot of the staggered damage trough the DoT.
    But whatever at some point you're going to get the belt and then you're going to realize that is in deed not a 20-25% DR (so funny to say that).
    You can start by explaining whatever you think "full stagger" is. (Hint: There's no such thing.)
    When your stagger bar is full, so staggering 100% of your max life, just an example i picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by rerasen View Post
    Thought I'd chime in here as I was lucky enough to get the legendary belt within the first week of playing (from an emissary chest). I'm not sure about the math behind it, but I have regularly checked the sources of my self healing and can say that the belt does regularly 10 to 15 percent of my self healing. It CAN of course heal for a higher amount when I get higher stagger (>80%), but that rarely happens in mythic dungeons even on lower gear. I'm eagerly awaiting raids to test it on hard hitting boss mechanics.

All in all the belt has not (yet) been a game changer for me.

Edit: I swapped to Elusive Dance as soon as I reached 30% haste from gear for the synergy.
    Yeah it's basically the old T16 4PC bonus, healing for more but we now purify only half of our stagger. On the other hand getting to high stagger is now a lot easier. The T16 4PC was overall pretty weak, I'd guess the legendary is a lot better now, but not game changing or a requirement in any way. That is has versatility on it is also kind of bad.
    How much HPS were you doing during those fights, so we can vaguely calculate the HPS of the belt?
    Last edited by mmoce193b9fd19; 2016-09-12 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liangdar View Post
    For your example to work you would have to almost instantly purify all damage you take, but that doesn't work because PB is on a CD with a charge system. Since you will in reality take a lot of hits before purifying you will take a lot of the staggered damage trough the DoT.
    But whatever at some point you're going to get the belt and then you're going to realize that is in deed not a 20-25% DR (so funny to say that).
    .....what? I said "assuming you purify away 33% of the damage you take." Why would I have to instantly purify all the damage for the example to be valid? If you have ISB up and purify every 10 seconds, an average of 40% of the total damage you took is subject to purify and with elusive dance that means 26% of the damage you take is removed. Realistically, since you can choose when to purify and do so right after big hits you're going to eliminate more than 26%. Purifying away 33% of the damage you take is not an unrealistic assumption.

When your stagger bar is full, so staggering 100% of your max life, just an example i picked.
    Stagger can go over 100%, there's no such thing as a "full" stagger bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Except for when a DH does more damage to a boss then a boss does to a monk tank. That % is way higher, more overall healing, and flat out ridiculous tbh. You have to purify intelligently to even get a marginal benefit from the belt. The DH always gets the benefit from the ring just from using their AM on their face rolling CDs. DH is also always taking spike damage and self healing it back so OHing is pretty irrelevant to them.

Not to mention you still think healing is DR, like it's an absorb or something. Then again you're the same cat that thinks warriors are immune to damage from ignore pain when while it's good, no where near your hyperbole so not surprising you feel the same hyperbolic thoughts about yet another thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't kid yourself, BRM tanking is about as brain dead as all tanking specs atm. The difference a healer will notice from a BRM who just spams ISB then one who purifies correctly is so small outside of bleeding edge content(which none is available yet).
    I would agree to disagree. I do say it after testing them.

As far as live is concerned, I also have a Guardian Druid. BrM can't be brain dread, cause there's nothing below that for the Druid.

Deleted
    .....what? I said "assuming you purify away 33% of the damage you take." Why would I have to instantly purify all the damage for the example to be valid? If you have ISB up and purify every 10 seconds, an average of 40% of the total damage you took is subject to purify and with elusive dance that means 26% of the damage you take is removed. Realistically, since you can choose when to purify and do so right after big hits you're going to eliminate more than 26%. Purifying away 33% of the damage you take is not an unrealistic assumption.
    Puriying every 10 seconds with the Elusive Brawler Talent with ISB up, maybe possible for a short amount of time. But ok. If you manage to purify 26% of your total damage thats (26%*0.25*1.32) an 8.6% DR through healing of the belt if none of the healing goes to waste through overhealing. This is based on the amount of damage you stagger by the way not on the total amout of damage you take. So against magic damage it is a lot worse (In this case 6.5% DR against physical 3.3% DR against magical damage with ISB up). And that's assuming you even have enough stagger for it to be even worthwhile to purify.

Stagger can go over 100%, there's no such thing as a "full" stagger bar.
    If you use a bar like I do, and many other in their UI or WAs do they're going to be full at some point. That's just how a bar works. It was just an example I picked as I explained, but keep nitpicking more if you like it so much.
    Since the boss has to do enough damage to erase the healing you got and then damage you back down to the HP level you would have been at if you didn't have the belt, this is similar to a 21.6% damage reduction.
    Do you still believe that or do I have to explain as well why this is bullshit?
    Last edited by mmoce193b9fd19; 2016-09-13 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liangdar View Post
    Puriying every 10 seconds with the Elusive Brawler Talent with ISB up, maybe possible for a short amount of time. But ok. If you manage to purify 26% of your total damage thats (26%*0.25*1.32) an 8.6% DR through healing of the belt if none of the healing goes to waste through overhealing. This is based on the amount of damage you stagger by the way not on the total amout of damage you take. So against magic damage it is a lot worse (In this case 6.5% DR against physical 3.3% DR against magical damage with ISB up). And that's assuming you even have enough stagger for it to be even worthwhile to purify.

If you use a bar like I do, and many other in their UI or WAs do they're going to be full at some point. That's just how a bar works. It was just an example I picked as I explained, but keep nitpicking more if you like it so much.

Do you still believe that or do I have to explain as well why this is bullshit?
    You're the one that advanced the argument that you can recharge AM while not tanking on a tank swap boss. Perma ISB plus purify every 10sec will last longer than perma SHoR, at any rate. With 30% haste and 4pc set bonus, you can probably do it indefinitely.

I don't have the belt, so I don't know if the heal can crit or if it's subject to celestial fortune or versatility. It seems likely that it is, though, as healing elixirs is subject to all of these and it's percentage based.