10+ Year Old Account

Huge discrepancy between getting gear from PvE vs PvP

PvP- play arenas/battlegrounds for an hour and, if you're lucky AND you win, get a piece of 805 ilvl gear.

PvE- slam your face onto the keyboard in a dungeon for 30-40 minutes and get piece of 825 ilvl gear.

What gives?

Deleted
    get to honour level 25, and the pvp world quests drop 840 gear. You also get more honor through those quests than you do just doing bg's/arena.

Because of the fact that PvP standardizes stats it's less of a factor outside world PvP. PvE on the other hand has minimum requirements and needs players to be increasing in order to progress.

Deleted
    Pvp players are being pushed into playing other aspects of the game similar to how pve players have been pushed onto experiencing pvp with high value pvp world quests.

The main issue here is that quests, dungeons and raiding is considered pve while pvp is a much smaller aspect of the game in bg and arena. So it appears very unfair to players that only ever want to play pvp.

The only people not having to deal with it are the hardcore pet pokemon masters.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    PvP- play arenas/battlegrounds for an hour and, if you're lucky AND you win, get a piece of 805 ilvl gear.

PvE- slam your face onto the keyboard in a dungeon for 30-40 minutes and get piece of 825 ilvl gear.

What gives?
    Don't know about you but in about 20 dungeons I've gotten maybe 4-5 pieces of gear. None of which have been an upgrade, literally ring after ring after ring. It's getting a little annoying.

Used to be the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    get to honour level 25, and the pvp world quests drop 840 gear. You also get more honor through those quests than you do just doing bg's/arena.
    Is that the only threshold? honor level 25 and after that only arena rating increases the pvp gear ilvl? or does the ilvl keep increasing for people that prestige multiple times but don't have a significant arena rating?

I was seeing the gladiator 840 gear in world quests far below honor 20.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

What gives?
    PVE nerds forcing their vision onto PVP system.

10+ Year Old Account
    i got 840's with honor lvl19, stop complain after you played 2 bgs
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    I have done more than 10+ hours of bgs and arena at lvl 110 and haven't gotten a single piece of gear from strong boxes. Only thing I have gotten so far are Oder hall resource, gold and health potion. I might be very unlucky but pvp doesn't feel rewarding at all. I always pvp with my friends but now nobody wants to do bg or arena, everyone is gearing up by running dungeons cause you get much better loot and much higher chance of getting loot. In Pve gearing you don't feel like you are wasting your time. I just want to play pvp but I just cant bring my self do any more bgs/arena, it feels like my character isn't progressing at all.

I would urge blizzard please fix pvp gearing. Either increase drop rate based on performance or give us back some sort of currency system. WoD gearing system was so much better, why do you try to fix a system that isnt broken. GIve us currency honor/conquest back but reduce their gain rate so at least we can get a few gear from vendors. If you lose a bg you get 5 Artifact power that feels like a slap in the face when your next trait takes more than 8K artifact power, also if you win skirmish you also get 5 Artifact power. Current system is discouraging players more than ever to trying out pvp, its frustrating for people who only want to pvp.

While I do agree with you all, I don't think blizzards idea of "gearing" for PvP currently is to actually get gear, but to level up your honor talents. Because gear makes such a tiny difference for your power level, there's almost no reason for a PvP player to get gear.

Looking from a design perspective however, this is a major flawed system. A design, especially in gaming, is supposed to feel rewarding and satisfactory. I guess Blizzards plan was to make Honor levels feel rewarding and satisfactory enough to replace the gear system. But it's proving quite the opposite. The very most basic way of progressing in an MMO is gear, and I know that Blizzard knows this. Why? Because why else would they make it so that gear makes a tiny difference at all? They could just as well have gone with a system where gear makes absolutely no difference in PvP at all. So yes, they know, that currently PvP ain't very fun. But I think they'll wait it out until Season comes out, and then patch if needed. They might make a slight drop chance increase in a hotfix beforehand, hard to tell.

One thing I will say however is that they need to bring up the artifact power gain from both skirmishes (seriously 6 power? are you fucking kidding me?) and battlegrounds. About 30-50 for skirmishes and 150-200 for battlegrounds (with a daily first bonus perhaps, just like in HC dungeons?) sounds more fair.
    Last edited by Helkor; 2016-09-07 at 07:44 AM.

Agree, a bg might take a tiny bit less time then a HC dungeon but the HC dungeon rewards 400 AP + whatever bosses drop and gear and bloods while the bg rewards very little and you dont win all the time, so its even less.