Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Optimal List for Followers in Class Hall?

Is there one? We get 9 total but can only use 5 so I was wondering if someone mathed out all the current available quests and what each follower can counter and figured out the best 5 to keep active.
    I do not fear death. It's just dreaming in silence.

10+ Year Old Account
    wondering the same thing also.

I've already had to switch out 2 people to counter those 'lethal' guys. I feel like there isn't going to be just that one set up that works.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted 2 Vengeance, 2 Havocs, and One Outcast.

Ended up going with:
    Belath
    Kayn
    Shade
    Asha
    Allari

Anyone else end up with something similar? Anything you would change?
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so the green ones is the chosen ones, the red is de-activated? What is the Blue ones for? Pick 2 and drop one? Not sure I have the brain capacity to understand that thread =P.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Ok so the green ones is the chosen ones, the red is de-activated? What is the Blue ones for? Pick 2 and drop one? Not sure I have the brain capacity to understand that thread =P.
    The blue/red/green just signifies that the followers next to those colors are in the same role (blue for Havoc, red for Outcast, green for Vengeance) and shows how many missions each of those roles counters. The followers you should deactivate are the ones that have the red/pink bars all the way across.

It pretty much comes down to deactivating the weakest one from each role while maintaining enough of each ability. Since Consume counters the most missions out of the three, you want two of it and one of each of the others. It's pretty much up to you whether you wanna go Akama, Altruis/Kayn, Asha or Akama, Kor'vas, Jace based on what you want out of their specials.

Serious question, why aren't you guys deactivating Matron Mother since she doesn't counter anything, and doesn't help with long missions with other champions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Serious question, why aren't you guys deactivating Matron Mother since she doesn't counter anything, and doesn't help with long missions with other champions?
    I would like his reasoning for chooing Matron over Akama as well.
    The -20% timer is decent, but not really something I would give up for a counter ability.

I went with Altruis/Allari/Akama/Asha/Jace

This way you have 2 Havoc, 2 Vengence and 1 outcast
    You also have 2 Fel Rush, 2 Consume Magic and 1 Glaive.

All specials give +15% to something. I see this as the most optimal combo of counters and specials.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woddy View Post
    I would like his reasoning for chooing Matron over Akama as well.
    The -20% timer is decent, but not really something I would give up for a counter ability.

This way you have 2 Havoc, 2 Vengence and 1 outcast
    You also have 2 Fel Rush, 2 Consume Magic and 1 Glaive.

All specials give +15% to something. I see this as the most optimal combo of counters and specials.
    I also went with Akama over Matron. Add the 10% success chance item if he's on a mission with a Tier 1 trooper and he'll double-dip into that one. 20% mission duration isn't something i consider valueable at all over pure success chance.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    I just went with eliminating the ones that weren't as useful.

Matron is horrible so she's the first to go.
    Kor'vas wastes a 2nd trait on restoring vitality to troops. Making new troops is easy so she goes too.
    Belath is the weakest of the three champions with Consume Magic. Shade brings Outcast and Allari's second trait works on more things. Allari is also Havoc which balances out nicely. Belath just doesn't bring anything to the table compared to those two.

I can't see any reason not to go with Kayn, Allari, Asha, Jace, and Shade.
    I have the same setup as you currently however I am considering swapping in Kor'vas. While I agree the healing of the troops has almost no value it seems like every mission needs throw glaive

This is the logic I used to determine my lineup (which is currently Shade of Akama, Jace, Allari, Kor'vas, Asha):

My goal for Role distribution based on mission probability was: 2 Havoc, 1 Outcast, 2 Vengeance
    My goal for Counter distribution based on mission probability was: 2 Glaive, 1 Rush, 2 Consume

Starting with Outcast, I chose Shade of Akama. The bonus to mission success with Tier 1 troops is great and he has a Consume counter. I prefer this over Matron, who has no counters, and simply gets a bonus if no other champs are in party.

Next, I chose Jace for the bonus to mission success with Tier 2 troops. I am biased towards this type of bonus over the bonus only for certain mission types, because it is more flexible. This gives me the 1 Rush I wanted and 1 of my Vengeance roles.

Since I only wanted 1 more Consume counter (Akama took care of the other), my choice was between Allari and Belath. Easy choice because Allari gets a bonus for both Hazard AND Minion missions, but Belath only gets a bonus for Minion. Allari is the clear winner, taking care of one of my Havoc roles too.

This just leaves Glaive choices. I also need 1 more Vengeance and 1 more Havoc role. Conveniently, there are only two Glaive choices, Kor'vas and Asha. Kor'vas is Havoc and Asha is Vengeance.

That wraps it up neatly. You could've easily used a different logical sequence (for example, choosing among the set of each Counters separately) and still arrived at the same conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Woddy View Post
    If you chose Altruis, this is the best possible combination you can have. I have yet to run into a mission this setup cannot totally overcome.

I imagine if you chose Kayn, you could replace Altruis/Akama with Kayn/Shade of Akama and achieve the same results. I'm just assuming that Kayn and Shade are mirrors to Altruis and Akama.

Also something to consider is which champions can help you in world quests and whether you like that or not. 1) it gives a ton of xp to get them to epic faster 2) with certain items having a follower around gives a lot of gold and order resources

So nobody can justify why they're using Matron Mother? I tried using her at first, and even wasted some gear on her, but after trying to work her in (hoping big for that mission duration reduction) I found she was rather useless at actually completing missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    So nobody can justify why they're using Matron Mother? I tried using her at first, and even wasted some gear on her, but after trying to work her in (hoping big for that mission duration reduction) I found she was rather useless at actually completing missions.
    I use matron mother because her high % when doing solo outcast missions, she can easly solo every one of them regardless of the other hazards as long as it is an outcast mission. While I do take a hit in order resources and time to clear the mission sometimes I have like 30k and mosre often than not not enough missions so I feel like it is worth it

10+ Year Old Account
    I deactivated Matron instantly as much as I hated to. She's just not that great. So now I'm not sure what other two to deactivate. I'm thinking Korvas due to the crappy secondary talent, and then Bellath too.

I'm also stuck trying to decide which tier 4 Order Talent to take. The +5% to lesser troops or +15% to greater troops on certain missions. Ugh tough choices.

I'm putting all my gear tokens on Altruis, Akama, and Asha, and then keeping Belath as my Bodyguard. You could also do this with Kor'vas, Jace, and Akama. Akama is kinda required though, as Malevolence doesn't counter anything. Your fifth at that point is largely about what you want to be able to handle when you break your band of three up.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Quote Originally Posted by Coalbane View Post
    This is the logic I used to determine my lineup (which is currently Shade of Akama, Jace, Allari, Kor'vas, Asha):

My goal for Role distribution based on mission probability was: 2 Havoc, 1 Outcast, 2 Vengeance
    My goal for Counter distribution based on mission probability was: 2 Glaive, 1 Rush, 2 Consume
    Wanted the same so i went Akama, Kayn, Kor'Vas, Asha and Bellath.
    I chose % to missions with effect instead of soldiers, because i tend to send them as 3 on 1 missions.

It is my understanding...and I guess I can wait till tomorrow to find out but...
    After you finish your L5 Order Hall you get a little more freedom since your Transformed Illidari Adepts can counter Minions (Glaive) and Hazards (Rush) like champions

Right?