Deleted

Can finally afford a new PC! Need help picking parts!

Hello!

A few weeks ago I was here to get an idea about how much it would cost to get a new computer, and which parts that would be. I got a list of components, but it seems some of them has run out of stock currently. So I'm here again to get some advice.

Budget: - I'd prefer if it doesn't exceed $1500 for the computer alone, but exceptions can be made although I don't think it'd be necessary.
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    Games / Settings Desired: World of Warcraft Legion, occasionally Diablo 3, future WoW expansions. Ultra settings prefered.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): Nope!
    Parts that can be reused: None!
    Do you need an OS?: Yes I do! A lot of people seem to be using Kinguin to get their OS, how exactly does this work? If it's too troublesome then I'll just get one from the same store as the rest of the components.
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?: Yes!
    Webshop: I would like to buy every computer component from http://www.Inet.se so they can build it for me.

Below I will be including the list of components that's still in stock. I also can't build computer myself so I will include the Computer assemble service in the list.

Computer Assemble Service from Inet: CAS Service (599 SEK @ Inet)
    CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K 3.5 GHz 6MB (1999 SEK @ Inet, currently on sale)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock (349 SEK @ Inet)
    Motherboard: MSI Z170-A PRO (1190 SEK @ Inet)
    Memory: Out of Stock!
    Storage: WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm 64MB (549 SEK @Inet)
    Storage: SSD Out of Stock!
    Video Card: Out of Stock!
    Case: Out of Stock!
    Power Supply: Fractal Design Edison M 550W (999 SEK @ Inet)
    Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Z BULK/OEM (709 SEK @ Inet)
    Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Special Edition Over-Ear Headphones - Black (~1710 SEK @ Amazon)
    Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma Ergonomic Gaming Mouse, 10,000 dpi Sensor (~740 SEK @ Amazon)
    Monitor: Dell S2415H 23.8 inch LCD Monitor (~1660 SEK @ Amazon)
    Keyboard: Must be a Swedish keyboard, and I heard red or brown switches is best, atleast for what I do.

If there's cheaper versions of the peripherals, then feel free to direct me to those. I also don't know if it's the best I should get so feel free to suggest different peripherals, I don't like Razer Naga though. The Monitor was recommended to me by @Remilia after a lot of discussion HERE, and the headphones seems to be the best Stereo headphones for the price. I've had a Razer Deathadder before, I loved it so it's the best mouse I could come up with.

Other than playing said games, I'll be watching anime, TV-series, streams, youtube videos, listen to music etc. That's why I'm getting Stereo headphones and a Sound card to go with that, to get better sound. I think I read somewhere that Creative Sound Blaster Z was directed more towards gaming, games where you need to hear where your enemies are coming from like CS:GO. I'd prefer if it's intended more for video watching, TV-series and anime, so if there's a better versions I'd love to hear your opinions.

Since the i5 6600K is on sale, it's cheaper than the i5 6600 locked version, and I'm guessing due to the clocks the K version is better too? Anyways, I don't really know if I want to overclock. I'm having Inet build the computer for me because I'm too scared to attempt building it myself since I don't want to accidentally break anything, so I'm not sure I want to attempt overclocking as well. It's cheaper and better so I'm getting it anyway, but should I not get a Z motherboard? Or is overclocking easier than I think?

If I decide not to overclock, would it still be good to get an extra cooler?
    Last edited by mmocba87914f71; 2016-09-07 at 02:02 PM.

https://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/9700495/

Windows: here, make sure to include buyer protection.
    Monitor Asus VN248H-P
    Headphones: HD558/HD598
    Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD
    Keyboard: can't help you there, have no idea where to get swedish layout.

If you dont want to overclock you shouldnt get Z170 board and K processor.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post

Monitor Asus VN248H-P

The i5 6600K is on sale, so it's cheaper than the i5 6600, and the K version has better clock so I assume it's better anyway? Might as well get it. If Overclocking is easier than I imagine, then I might be willing to try it, which is why I asked.

the SSD and the sound card are both out of stock, I thought for sure the sound card was still in stock when I did this post, maybe I was mistaken. Sale on CPU runs out tomorrow iirc so can't wait long enough for it to get back in stock. PSU is also out of stock, but it should be back in 2 days so hopefully that wont be an issue.

Compared to a few weeks ago you're choosing a different Motherboard now, is that to adapt for the new RAM or is there another reason?
    Last edited by mmocba87914f71; 2016-09-07 at 06:28 PM.

Deleted
    What motherboard should I get if I'm not going to overclock?

And can someone confirm my theory about the i5 6600K being better than the i5 6600 without any overclocking whatsoever?

Could really use a SSD and a sound card that isn't out of stock to go with Thunderball's list. Would like to place an order tomorrow before the sale on the CPU is over.

If I decide to go with another motherboard not designed for overclocking, would I need to replace the power supply and RAM ?

Would also really like an alternative to the Power Supply, it's currently out of stock and not due for restock until in 2 days. Not sure if it would work if I place the order before then, and if it doesn't, having an alternative would be really useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheeya View Post
    The i5 6600K is on sale, so it's cheaper than the i5 6600, and the K version has better clock so I assume it's better anyway? Might as well get it. If Overclocking is easier than I imagine, then I might be willing to try it, which is why I asked.

the SSD and the sound card are both out of stock, I thought for sure the sound card was still in stock when I did this post, maybe I was mistaken. Sale on CPU runs out tomorrow iirc so can't wait long enough for it to get back in stock. PSU is also out of stock, but it should be back in 2 days so hopefully that wont be an issue.

Compared to a few weeks ago you're choosing a different Motherboard now, is that to adapt for the new RAM or is there another reason?
    You're still waiting for an SSD since there is no suitable replacement anyway so might aswell pick more optimal parts that are not in stock too. Motherboard choice is optimal, probably have chosen the other one due to availability/price/budget restrictions.

- - - Updated - - -

What motherboard should I get if I'm not going to overclock?

And can someone confirm my theory about the i5 6600K being better than the i5 6600 without any overclocking whatsoever?

Could really use a SSD and a sound card that isn't out of stock to go with Thunderball's list. Would like to place an order tomorrow before the sale on the CPU is over.

If I decide to go with another motherboard not designed for overclocking, would I need to replace the power supply and RAM ?

Would also really like an alternative to the Power Supply, it's currently out of stock and not due for restock until in 2 days. Not sure if it would work if I place the order before then, and if it doesn't, having an alternative would be really useful.
    1) This will require revising your whole build.
    2) Yes, 6600K is faster even on stock clocks.
    3) Nothing suitable available with Inet.
    4) Yes
    5) I believe if you make an order before the sale is over your get the sale price regardless of when all the stuff is available.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    1) This will require revising your whole build.
    Would going for a no-overclock route be cheaper? And more importantly, would it reduce performance? Not including the actual overclocking.

Would going for a no-overclock route be cheaper? And more importantly, would it reduce performance? Not including the actual overclocking.
    Performance not so much. Mostly options - motherboards on the lower grade chipsets usually have less features, expansion slots, USB ports, storage slots.

Deleted
    So what do you think I should do?

If you go with an overclockable system you basically get extra performance, you can use faster ram which on Skylake depending on the game gives a nice performance boost, so if you can afford it I would go for overclock, it also makes your system last longer since you get more out of it.

The higher speed ram is usually not that far of in price compared to the default one, 3000Mhz ram is around the sweet spot performance/price wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    If you go with an overclockable system you basically get extra performance, you can use faster ram which on Skylake depending on the game gives a nice performance boost, so if you can afford it I would go for overclock, it also makes your system last longer since you get more out of it.

The higher speed ram is usually not that far of in price compared to the default one, 3000Mhz ram is around the sweet spot performance/price wise.
    What's the risk with overclocking? Like, after I'm done overclocking, do I need to keep constant watch on temperature and other possible problems that might occur? Or after I'm done with the OC, it's all like normal?

it also makes your system last longer since you get more out of it.
    u wat m8?

honestly if you just want to play D3 and wow you could go for a much cheaper build

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmochampftw View Post
    u wat m8?

honestly if you just want to play D3 and wow you could go for a much cheaper build
    That's what I'm doing now, but never know what might happen in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by mmochampftw View Post
    u wat m8?

That would need to be replaced sooner.

Deleted
    I'm mostly going for future proof, if WoW and D3 etc doesn't necessarily get much better with each expansion, then this build should last for several years either way.

Anyways, I've placed my order now just so that I'd get the sale price on the CPU. And there was only 3 GPUs left and would probably have been gone by tomorrow. I can still make changes for the next 24 Hrs so if there's anything you'd recommend me to change then feel free.

And to you that helped me, thank you very much for taking the time, I really do appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Monitor Asus VN248H-P

I received a reply from inet and they said that they wont build with RAM faster than 2133 Mhz on a 1151 motherboard because of risk for instability and recommended me these instead.

I received a reply from inet and they said that they wont build with RAM faster than 2133 Mhz on a 1151 motherboard because of risk for instability and recommended me these instead.
    I'd say it's a clear sign that they are either bullshitting you or have no idea what's going on. If you're in for some fun ask them if they have ever heard about XMP mode.

they would have a point for 1151 other then Z170 with which it should work just fine, others don't allow overclocked RAM.

they would have a point for 1151 other then Z170 with which it should work just fine, others don't allow overclocked RAM.
    Except it's Z170.

Deleted
    Except it's Z170.
    I'm trying to convince them to make an exception, but should worst case scenario happen and I have to go with 2133 Mhz RAM, which one would be best? And what'd be the difference between 2133 Mhz and 2666Mhz with and without overclocking?

I'm trying to convince them to make an exception, but should worst case scenario happen and I have to go with 2133 Mhz RAM, which one would be best? And what'd be the difference between 2133 Mhz and 2666Mhz with and without overclocking?
    Just tell them to configure it to work as DDR4-2133 if they have concerns. You can reconfigure it later.