Thread: Healers in pvp?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I was always under the impression that Blizzard made healers strong on purpose, so people would actually bother PvPing as one. Since most people obviously find DPS funnier, Healing was made a bit stronger, for people who wanted to really have an impact.

Well, guess I was mistaken. Who would ever bother pvping as healer when they're contributing less than a melee?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    I was always under the impression that Blizzard made healers strong on purpose, so people would actually bother PvPing as one. Since most people obviously find DPS funnier, Healing was made a bit stronger, for people who wanted to really have an impact.

Well, guess I was mistaken. Who would ever bother pvping as healer when they're contributing less than a melee?
    well, nobody...druid myself, I really tried healing as resto and its just bad...sure I can say its all fine as some trolls here do, its absolutely cool if no dps targets you...which never happens, especially with more and more people getting addons screaming "THIS IS HEALER! NUKE HIM" with a huge dickpick above my head pointing at me...and guess what, I can even last a bit against a rogue 1v1 if he just burnt his cooldowns and attacks me in bear form (with guardian affinity).

burst is just too high, played guardian in PvP (guardian template has less hp than other specs, kinda funny), a rogue and DH stunned me at full health, auto-trinketed first stun, immediately got stunned second time and I just melted, maybe its just a bear that sucks I dont know. So far I had a lot more fun playing as feral.

Deleted
    Here's the thing, it hardly matters if there's a healer or not. Let's say two DPS square off, one has a druid backing him up. It all comes down to fires his CDs first/gets lucky proccs. The Healer will smoth out the sustained damage somewhat but as soon as some stormstrike proccs hit you're going to kill that dps anyway and there's zilch the healer can do.

It's worse with classes like rogues, DH etc who don't need proccs and just need to push their CDs. They'll burn right through any measly healing the healer puts out with it barely making a noticeable difference. Which means most of the healing that is being done is ineffectual and pointless. It changed almost nothing.

Also if you look at the end of BG statistics. A single DPS is often doing more damage than a druid spread healing through the entire group. I don't think one needs to mention how absurd that is.

training dem priests all day long :v

Deleted
    so much qq!!!1111

l2p issue

it is not supposed to survive against 3 dps as healer. if you want to tank 3+dps go reroll a tank.

I think blizzards thinking is fairly easy, they nerfed CCs (it's hard to see in hindsight but they actually did) and instead made healers killable. I think healers could be a little bit stronger but I don't think it's bad if they actually need to rely on their teammates for survival.

It'll be interesting to see how rated 2v2 is gonna turn out. Triple DPS in 3v3 may not be too rare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wechselgeld View Post
    so much qq!!!1111

l2p issue

it is not supposed to survive against 3 dps as healer. if you want to tank 3+dps go reroll a tank.
    The l2p issue here is entirely on you. My enhancer can currently kill a healer inside instances PvP in short order with little to no thought. Just needs a few lucky proccs and some CDs. The healer is going to die and there's nil the healer can do to it. I can often out DPS the healers outright. Other melee classes such as DHs are even more absurd.

It's not one bad healer being trained by 3 bad dps, it's a decent healer easily being killed by an atrocious dps with a dmg macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Conformist View Post
    I think healers could be a little bit stronger but I don't think it's bad if they actually need to rely on their teammates for survival.
    Hello there Mr 1550. If a healer is a hindrance to their team rather than a boon. People wont bring them. If healers are reliant upon their team, it gives the other side the initiative and all the advantage while forcing the team with a healer to be reactionary. It is basically playing from the weaker position from the get go.

Enhance is a special case because it has purge AND it has the scariest single target burst in the entire game, meaning its the perfect spec to wreck healers (until it gets nerfed). The only other DPS that can make healer's life hard are feral and rogue, with DH mostly joining them because of how much they can cleave. In a 1v1 if a healer dies to a dh that healer is bad.

Healers are still powerful and in a good spot. They had it way too easy ever since cataclysm, and now that just like locks they were brought back into line they'll cry, and cry, and cry until blizzard caves and overbuffs wizards as they always do.

I'm calling it right now, first wave of post-raid hotfixes will bring huge buffs to mages / disc / wlocks / ele, and nerfs to dk / warrior / monk. Rogues / Ferals won't be touched (druids will probably be buffed), and DH will probably get a minor nerf. Why? Because that's how it always goes. healers and wizards always whine about how 'braindead ez mode' melee is, and blizzard always listens -- nevermind the fact frost mages exists and that alone puts wizard cleaves into a great spot.

Healing in PVP isn't supposed to be higher than damage. Ever. Because if it is games are frustrating, long and boring. If you find that fun -- I won't say you're wrong, but I disagree, and I think arena works best for 1-3 minute games. Not 5-15. That's why I hope healers stay at about the same relative power to DPS as they are now, though I'll also agree that burst damage across the board is a little high.

And stun duration needs to be halved.
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2016-09-20 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    The l2p issue here is entirely on you. My enhancer can currently kill a healer inside instances PvP in short order with little to no thought. Just needs a few lucky proccs and some CDs. The healer is going to die and there's nil the healer can do to it. I can often out DPS the healers outright. Other melee classes such as DHs are even more absurd.

It's not one bad healer being trained by 3 bad dps, it's a decent healer easily being killed by an atrocious dps with a dmg macro.

Hello there Mr 1550. If a healer is a hindrance to their team rather than a boon. People wont bring them. If healers are reliant upon their team, it gives the other side the initiative and all the advantage while forcing the team with a healer to be reactionary. It is basically playing from the weaker position from the get go.
    So you don't think 2 dps can kill 1 of the 3 dps before they get your healer? And in your pre-teen angry frustation you misread my post quite deliberately. I didn't mean that healer should die in 1 seconds against 2 dps (or 1), but they shouldn't be able to tank them indefinitely either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post

Lucky procs and CDs kill a healer? Where is the problem? They would kill a tank, they would certainly kill another dps - so why not a healer? Why do healers have to be immortal gods of life and misery in PvP? If anything, some of them could use a bit more toning down. Disc is just insane.

Healers just got a massive hotfix buff, especially resto druids. Dps also got a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonatine185 View Post
    Healers just got a massive hotfix buff, especially resto druids. Dps also got a nerf.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Welcome back, Healer overlords. PvP once again revolves around you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonatine185 View Post
    They didn't just nerf some specs such as Assasin, they nuked them. Then again, this is only the first wave. I'd expect more changes to come. Especially as they can do so with no regard to PvE where the templates are concerned. Fairly sure we'll see more and more severe DH nerfs aswell.