Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Goldman Sachs has reformed its rules for donating to politicians...

So now Goldman Sachs has banned donations to Donald Trump, but its ok because they still allow donations to the Clinton campaign. I am just so absolutely shocked by this, I thought Hillary was going to clean up Wall Street and had even brought Elizabeth Warren on board. I am deeply worried that Hillary Clinton is going to betray the left on the important issue of financial reform that caused half of the democratic party to support Bernie Sanders. Then again, maybe this is just another case of lots of smoke but no fire. Still, it seems rather odd that Goldman has gone so far as to ban donations to Donald Trump.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/07/goldm...mp-report.html
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Bernie Sanders "revolution" sure is going places with Hillary in charge.

"i am so shocked that hillary would-"

you have literal fucking years of evidence of what kind of person this bitch is. if you're shocked, there's some colorful language that you might deserve to hear.

Deleted
    as in they banned their employees from donating to trump? or the company itself only will donate to clinton now?

10+ Year Old Account
    hillary clinton is just another republican.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    She is. Just as conservative as the rest. I don't see the huge shocker, with that in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, compared to the rest of the world, most U.S. politicians lie somewhere on the right of the political spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    as in they banned their employees from donating to trump? or the company itself only will donate to clinton now?
    They banned their partners from making even personal donations to Trump. The reasoning they used was that Mike Pence is a governor, but its acceptable in the case of the Clinton campaign because Tim Kaine is a senator.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh come on now, she was endorsed by Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, it sounds like you are claiming that the democrats are just corporate shills who use sheepdog tactics to trick liberals into voting for them.
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Color me shocked, only allowing donations to the party that bailed them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    They banned their partners from making even personal donations to Trump. The reasoning they used was that Mike Pence is a governor, but its acceptable in the case of the Clinton campaign because Tim Kaine is a senator.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh come on now, she was endorsed by Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, it sounds like you are claiming that the democrats are just corporate shills who use sheepdog tactics to trick liberals into voting for them.
    bernie sanders is a sell out.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still, it seems rather odd that Goldman has gone so far as to ban donations to Donald Trump.
    Why?

His economic plans, if enacted, would at the very least cause another recession. It would seem prudent for a business that benefits from a healthy economy to ensure a person intent on damage said economy doesn't get elected, no?

Maybe they see Trump as a lost cause that has little to no chance of actually winning, so want to use all their financial resources in bribing the eventual winner.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been saying since the primaries that Hillary was the best republican running.

Praise be our globalist overlords.

In all seriousness op you are making too much out of this op? However it's hilarious to see an ex pro republican financial institution abandon Trump. Now before it is taken as a sign trump will fight wallstreet i suggest people to look up his policies.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Why?

His economic plans, if enacted, would at the very least cause another recession. It would seem prudent for a business that benefits from a healthy economy to ensure a person intent on damage said economy doesn't get elected, no?
    This part needs a trigger warning, it may cause uncontrollable laughing fits that result in falling out of your chair. It would be more accurate to say that Goldman Sachs relies on crony capitalism and rigging the rules so they can do things that should be illegal (you know, like manipulation of global copper pricing through a warehousing scheme).

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel sorry for the yanks having to choose between two piles of shit

10+ Year Old Account
    This part needs a trigger warning, it may cause uncontrollable laughing fits that result in falling out of your chair.
    Yeah I forgot that Goldman Sachs and their tens of billions of dollars all materialized out of thin air during recessions and ceased to function or exist during the other 95% of the time not during a recession.

Of course Goldman Sachs is going to put their money in which they have the most influence. Hillary rails against Wall Street in her stump speeches. We will see how much she goes back on her promises.

This part needs a trigger warning, it may cause uncontrollable laughing fits that result in falling out of your chair. It would be more accurate to say that Goldman Sachs relies on crony capitalism and rigging the rules so they can do things that should be illegal (you know, like manipulation of global copper pricing through a warehousing scheme).
    Then they should support trump since he plans to eliminate the dodd frank act.

Chris Dodd received massive contributions from AIG and amended the AIG bailout to not include terms limiting excessive executive pay. His wife sits on several boards that are associated with wall street and is paid $500,000 per year for doing so.

Barney Frank is now a director on the board of Signature Bank where he makes at least $375,000 per year as well as additional stock compensation.

Do you really trust people like these guys writing your wall street regulations?

Remember the outrage when bosses were caught sending memos and emails telling people who to donate or vote for?

Is it magically going to be okay now, like calling politicians Hitler was stupid until Trump started running? (And every other politician ever.)