Disc reminds me of Chloromancer in Rift.

The damage they do heals the group.

Is it fun?

Fun? Maybe. Viable? Not imo.

The rotation is clunky and they have a hard time dealing with people that don't follow mechanics. I've also read that they struggle in high Mythic+ 5mans. I won't know for sure until those are released.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they remind me exactly of chloromancers. I'm not sure how well that will work out because mages in Rift were just given a new healing spec which is more similiar to "traditional" type healers
    You come get the voodoo.

Ehh, I still think Rift handled "DPS to heal" much better than WoW ever did.

Back in vanilla Rift, all of the Justicar-based healing specs were fun to play and very viable. IIRC they were the best raid healers, but that's really only because they had a spammable instant-cast smart heal that healed 10 people. But it was still very fun and easy to play, seeing as you just DPS'd and threw out a heal and dispel every so often. From what I remember, it was pretty much just a flat "50% of all damage done heals up to 5 nearby allies".

Sadly they completely broke those specs with the first expansion, and we got a new spec that was kinda-sorta the same thing, but not nearly as effective. It involved putting buffs on other players much like Beacon of Light, and every time you hit with a direct damage spell, it would add a stack of another buff, and then you would use a spell to detonate those stacks to heal the targets. They were kinda crap in 5mans, but very good in raids, since they could provide a passive -20% damage taken on the tanks, and did some decent DPS.

Give disc Holy Word: Serenity and Holy Word: Sanctify. Job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Give disc Holy Word: Serenity and Holy Word: Sanctify. Job done.
    No thanks. I want the two specs to feel different from each other. One of my biggest gripes with Priest from Vanilla to Wrath was that Disc and Holy didn't really feel much different from each other, outside of 1-2 spells. It wasn't until Cata that Blizz finally started to separate the specs, and continued from there.

Disc doesn't really need a buff to healing (okay maybe a little), they need a buff to their mechanics. Atonement in specific, I'd love an increased duration or a less clunky/slow way of applying it. Our cooldowns are also the weakest of all the healers, which doesn't help.

Chloromancer works better than disc though (last played 4 months ago) and the leveling up experiance was smoother.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been saying this for weeks. Now let's see if they'll overhaul the atonement system, give us a mind flay to channel and let that heal everyone in range haha!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Fantastic fun but the rewards are just not there for the amount of effort required, seems silly really, also in pvp every leather wearing Melee with kill you quickly and easily

I haven't had many issues in 5 mans so long as I keep Atonement rolling on most 3-5 players consistently. If everybody gets hit hard and I don't have Atonement up then that's when people die because I don't have enough time to apply it and then start pumping damage out. In these situations Shadow Mend is the best bet, but it's not efficient.

Most of the time healing as Disc really isn't an issue. If I'm having problems keeping people up then I often save casting Schism + Penance until someone can benefit from the Atonement healing. Mana becomes an issue especially when multi dotting.