Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I have the exact same case happen to me as Alliance during the same time-frame...

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I disagree with your opinions.
    Are you suggesting that healing ... healing anyone is always helpful?

That healing people who are derping in the middle or derp fighting on the road is helpful?

If your answer is YES then I think you really need to work on your situational strategies and tactics for BGs. Because enabling these derpers to continue derping is detrimental for your team and contributing to your lower than average win percentage.

If you think I am wrong continue blaming the game and blame others but if you really wish to improve your win percentage look in the mirror and start improving that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Are you suggesting that healing ... healing anyone is always helpful?

That healing people who are derping in the middle or derp fighting on the road is helpful?

If your answer is YES then I think you really need to work on your situational strategies and tactics for BGs. Because enabling these derpers to continue derping is detrimental for your team and contributing to your lower than average win percentage.

If you think I am wrong continue blaming the game and blame others but if you really wish to improve your win percentage look in the mirror and start improving that.
    I see what you're saying, but I disagree with your opinions. Please respect my right to disagree with other people's opinions.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I see what you're saying, but I disagree with your opinions. Please respect my right to disagree with other people's opinions.
    If you have a differing opinion I would be curious to know it. I don't want to be close minded. Perhaps I am in the wrong. Please let me know what you are trying to accomplish as a healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    If you have a differing opinion I would be curious to know it. I don't want to be close minded. Perhaps I am in the wrong. Please let me know what you are trying to accomplish as a healer.
    I am trying to accomplish victories for my team via healing.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Must be EMFH!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play Horde. Horde has been crushing it since prepatch, so I don't know what to tell you OP. Anecdotal is anecdotal, but I'm happy with it.
    Perhaps I'm just carrying? #humblebrag

Quote Originally Posted by Valedus View Post
    I play Horde. Horde has been crushing it since prepatch, so I don't know what to tell you OP. Anecdotal is anecdotal, but I'm happy with it.
    Perhaps I'm just carrying? #humblebrag
    You ban AV+IoC?

As alliance AV+IoC pops frequently which is high % alliance won .. So even if Horde edge a bit over alliance on rest of maps, the alliance player experience is higher win rate over Horde due to AV+IoC ..

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    You ban AV+IoC?

As alliance AV+IoC pops frequently which is high % alliance won .. So even if Horde edge a bit over alliance on rest of maps, the alliance player experience is higher win rate over Horde due to AV+IoC ..
    Yeah, I ban AV and IoC for that exact reason. Without AV and IoC in the rotation, I seem to do fine. Meh, anecdotal is anecdotal. Additionally, feels like my realm (or combined realms, w/e) is repopulated and the Alliance is "losing" almost every world pvp encounter I see that breaks out. I've been having a blast, don't know what to tell you man.

I definietly think a big part of contributing to the win rate is psychological. As a Horde player you're probably - by this point - programmed to think "Ugh, AV/IoC, we've definitely lost this one" and if you aren't then chat will have a load of people complaining about the same thing. Meanwhile, Alliance are more likely to think "Woohoo, AV/IoC! We got this!" You're already playing at a disadvantage because you've half-convinced it's a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhorrg View Post
    Level design informs player strategy, odds are if the Alliance are naturally falling into a winning strategy and the Horde are constantly falling into a losing strategy that there is actually a subtle imbalance in the level design.

A +/-10% difference in win/loss can be explained by differences in strategy, a 33% difference is level design.
    I played A LOT of IoC during WotLK and I remember that the Alliance almost always went Workshop/Hanger and we still won an awful lot.

I don't know if they buffed the glaives in Cataclysm enough that the Alliance shifted tactics or what.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    I played A LOT of IoC during WotLK and I remember that the Alliance almost always went Workshop/Hanger and we still won an awful lot.

I don't know if they buffed the glaives in Cataclysm enough that the Alliance shifted tactics or what.
    It could honestly be as little as a bend in the road, an artist's flourish, causing Horde to get somewhere a second or two later. Even the smallest changes can cascade into huge differences. It's like traffic. One guy driving too slow on one side of LA can cause a traffic jam on the other.

Deleted
    I played 10 BGs today (am Alliance) won 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Talking random BG's during peak hours .. Stay out of BG's if you play Horde .. Its beyond bad .. People afk at start .. standing around with no clue what to do .. Its like they never played an MMO before ..
    Ever think that maybe its just you?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"
    Of course it is, we got Night Elves

Deleted
    It is not depending on Alliance or Horde in generell.
    It is depending on the language and battlegroup which side stomps the other most of the time.

Deleted
    In the last couple of days i played 15bgs as horde, won only 2 of them and still those two wins was close to lose

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty frustrating lately. I would have thought that the loss of the Human racial would somewhat balance things but it has been nothing but loss after loss after loss. Not just barely losing but getting ground in to dust.

I have one win and am now on a *17 game losing streak. Go figure it was in Isle of Conquest where it's usually a fistful of dickheads from Tichondrius who all call out different strategies and then proceed to lay waste to chat about how everyone is bad for not doing what they said.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-09-20 at 04:17 AM. Reason: losing games
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Must be bad luck, won 19/20 since I started hitting the BGs as Horde. I came on the PvP forum to see if Alliance were complaining actually because it seemed slightly unfair.