Thread: MMO Mouse help!

Post MMO Mouse help!

I am in need of help for my MMO mouse. I have a razer naga 2014 and it has come to the point that it is hitting invisible walls and not moving even when I am clicking or whatever. I can see that the green light around the scroll wheel is not as bright (indicating that the laser is not picking up my surface) And I am using a Glorious Gaming mouse pad Right now. It also stutters a lot.

I am in the market for a new MMO mouse and if you are wondering, yes I use the 12 buttons on the side and would like to know if the Logitech G600 or Red Dragon is better choice for MMO gaming...I would prefer not to spend 80 dollars on a mouse again but Will do so if It means not having my mouse break within 3 months of daily use.

Any help would be appreciated!

Corsair has one too, i prefer naga of them all tho i like the size/weight and the grippy stuff on the right side of the mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Redragon

Naga is my main MMO mouse. But I needed a 2nd gaming mouse so I went with Redragon. It has some features you don't see on any other mice. Probably too many to list but I'll try.

first the two things I didn't like about the mouse:
    #1 You can turn delay off or set it to 10ms and higher. But if you want a 1ms delay or a 5ms delay it won't do numbers that low.
    #2 you can make macros loop but not the loop-while-pressed thing

I could name a few more but these are just a few things I liked:
    #1 The plastic, for some reason if your hands get sweaty the mouse doesn't slip or get gunky the way Naga does.
    #2 The macros, they are stored on internal RAM inside the mouse. Without software, internet access or the cloud your profiles work anywhere on any device. Even at the bios menu on a pc with no OS my keybinds were recognized.
    #3 Has an auto-fire button, which works like the 3-round burst setting on a gun. You can set it to any number and also add delays if you want.
    #4 Can remove left & right click. I use the thumb buttons for left click and right click. And the top buttons I have for macros. This is probably useless for 99.9% of people but I've tried on other mice Razer, Logitech, Microsoft and you can't disable left & right click. On Razer you can resign them. But on Logitech 2 years ago when I tried it I was only able to swap left click with right click. I guess if you didn't want anyone using your computer you could make a profile where all the mouse buttons are disabled.

One vote for the g600 here. I've had like 3 nagas and in my country at least they are more expensive everytime I've had to buy one. Two died because of ghost clicking/double clicking that was so annoying specially at work. The last one was killed by my kitten (rest in pieces).

The buttons in the g600 feel so much better for me plus I have an extra button on my pinky.

Signature Portfolio - Signature Tutorial - PM requests: Not taking requests ATM - DO NOT PM MULTIPLE ARTISTS!

Thank you all for the replies! I am definitely looking into getting a red dragon mouse! The one I am looking at is on amazon,

Redragon M901 PERDITION 16400 DPI High-Precision Programmable Laser Gaming Mouse (Black). Is this one you guys have been speaking about?

I read about the G600 and heard that it has like wobbly thumb keys on the side and that they are difficult to push...IS this true for the G600 and also is this something that is common with the Red dragon gaming mouse i listed above?

And also what might be the downsides to this mouse? (I am thinking of getting to because its only 36 bucks on amazon so kinda cheap which is better than my razor naga.

The g600 are a bit harder to press than the naga and they make less sound. I had to get used to it after using the naga for a long time but when I play on my husbands pc (he has a naga) I miss my mouse a lot. Also I prefer the g600 wheel, it feels much more precise to me and the tilting is also better (I use it for mounting/dismounting/ghost wolf/etc).
    I think also the angles of the buttons are better on the g600 and they would be easier to learn if you've never had a multi button mouse of this kind. It looks a lot like the redragon in this.
    I've not tried the redragon so can't comment on that.

Signature Portfolio - Signature Tutorial - PM requests: Not taking requests ATM - DO NOT PM MULTIPLE ARTISTS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lustice View Post
    The one I am looking at is on amazon,

Redragon M901 PERDITION (Black). Is this one you guys have been speaking about?
    Mine was from Amazon a seller that had 4.5 out of 5 stars? It shipped from Nevada free same day shipping with Amazon prime. Default is (Black) but I went with (White) which costs $1 extra.

If I can mention 2 other things I like about the mouse. One is the dpi settings. Instead of 100dpi, 200dpi, etc. M901 has 50dpi, 100dpi, 150dpi etc. There is also the durability. I've had mine about 10 months it still clicks and tracks like it was new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lustice View Post
    I am in need of help for my MMO mouse. I have a razer naga 2014 and it has come to the point that it is hitting invisible walls and not moving even when I am clicking or whatever. I can see that the green light around the scroll wheel is not as bright (indicating that the laser is not picking up my surface) And I am using a Glorious Gaming mouse pad Right now. It also stutters a lot.

I am in the market for a new MMO mouse and if you are wondering, yes I use the 12 buttons on the side and would like to know if the Logitech G600 or Red Dragon is better choice for MMO gaming...I would prefer not to spend 80 dollars on a mouse again but Will do so if It means not having my mouse break within 3 months of daily use.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Another Naga then?
    My Molten Edition, bought in 2011, barely started having some double clicking issues, which can be solved by opening and cleaning it. Not ideal, but it's been 5 years of usage.
    I'm sure they've improved their production quality.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Also if I may ask, does the Redragon M901 PERDITION 16400 DPI High-Precision Programmable Laser Gaming Mouse (Black), have any issues with the laser not identifying the ground its on like per-say a black surface or um Glorious PC gaming race mouse pad?

I use this budget red dragon mouse!
    Play wow with it. Sometimes on the private server of TBC and use for binds for warrior, like intercept, or bind some macroses for reflect.

Infracted for necro - Cilraaz
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2018-04-25 at 03:02 PM.