Healing problems

Hey, have some questions, im a monk Ilvl 829

How is MW monk in legion?

Do we suck at singeltarget healing ? my vivify heals 200k at top with the mastery

My main problem is that when tanks or raid drop low, i dont have the numbert to heal them fast up again, even on singeltarget healing. i need to use my cooldowns to hold him up, its not enough to just Enveloping mist, renewing mist and spam heal vivify,

would be nice with some helpe, if you could help me ingame it would be fanstasic, or please reply

ENHANCEMENTS
    Critical strike 20%
    Haste 13%
    Mastery 213%
    Versatillity 7%
    Avoidance 5%

the best stats for healing 5 mans are mastery > haste (mastery > haste)

other than that make sure you take mist wrap, chi ji and focused thunder (you'll experience mana problems but in 5 mans you can drink after every trash pull)

i think a lot of 5 man healing comes down to knowing when to abuse tft into double instant enveloping mist rather than your typical tft rem x3 (x2 w/o focused thunder) and knowing when to use essence font.

in terms of our healing style it's a bit anti-5 man healing unless you've got a lot of haste/mastery to make your enveloping mist super insane but other than that i think it comes down to practice and knowing what trash packs do what.

--

it may also be though that you're being grouped with poor tanks, poor dps, dps/tanks who don't interrupt etc. any healer (maybe not resto druid) is going to have a hard time in 5 mans if their dps/tanks refuse to help them out.

But my main problem is the numbers ...
    What can i do to get them up to the next level
    Last edited by Kazita; 2016-09-09 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazita View Post
    our bursty numbers only really exist with sheilun's gift, outside of that it's small HoT heals through enveloping mist/soothing mist

it's very different to most other healers, so it's really hard to give a clear comparison. we're just different. perhaps for the worse for most cases, as our core mechanics/healing style is very different as a result

for example a holy priest/shaman can burst heal someone for 500k crits with flash heal/healing surge (inc mastery). our "similar heal (effuse)" is going to burst a max of 300k~ crits and our enveloping mist is likely going to heal 75k/1 sec for 7 seconds (assuming you take mist wrap).

if you're worried about not seeing high numbers i would say that you need to get use to it or stack mastery and spam effuse (but i feel that's foolhardy). i guess the best way to heal a tank who's spiky is enveloping > effuse spam (ignore soothing mist passive).
    Last edited by Floopa; 2016-09-09 at 05:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    it may also be though that you're being grouped with poor tanks, poor dps, dps/tanks who don't interrupt etc. any healer (maybe not resto druid) is going to have a hard time in 5 mans if their dps/tanks refuse to help them out.
    This is definitely very true currently, when random DH tank XxXIllidanXxX isnt bothering to use his defensives properly then you'll feel like "wow my healing sucks dick, my numbers are really low" but in reality the tank isnt playing right or dps aren't using stuns to help you out. Healing currently is very reliant on the rest of your groups damage intake (moreso than ever before)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazita View Post
    If your HPS is around like 150k average (HC) 200k+ (Mythic) in dungeons you're doing pretty fine honestly, anything higher usually means your group is taking abnormal damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    the best stats for healing 5 mans are mastery > haste (mastery > haste)
    Haste and mastery are actually our two worst stats overall. Admittedly in 5s Mastery is better than in raids but its still worse than Vers. See Geodew's math:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...bOU/edit#gid=0

10+ Year Old Account
    The group makes a MASSIVE difference. I remember doing Halls and we kept wiping on the first boss over and over, I thought that guy was impossible. Then I quit and leave and join another pug, we plow through the entire dungeon effortlessly, was easy as pie.

You're not alone, you're part of a group, if the tank/DPS fail, YOU will fail and you might think you are a subpar healer because you aren't able to save that dumb ass Rogue sitting on fire the entire fight, or that VDH tank that doesn't have CS on their bar.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlab View Post
    Haste and mastery are actually our two worst stats overall. Admittedly in 5s Mastery is better than in raids but its still worse than Vers. See Geodew's math:
    I'd caution you to avoid simply looking at the front page and saying "oh... that stat is best!". There are quite a few assumptions that went into those numbers and it's incredibly hard to track what assumptions were being made through the spreadsheet. While I appreciate the effort that went into it, I don't think it's very useful unless you're the person who wrote it.

If you are having a hard time healing tanks in mythic I'd definitely take Jade Statue over Chi-Ji.

Deleted
    Guess its gonna take a while to get use to the new healing model. I personally I use enveloping mist alot, casting it on anyone that has taken 600k-800k or more as that is what my env is gonna heal for.

Chi-Ji helps when you need alot of healing unlike the other 2 talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlab View Post
    I found an error in the Mastery calculation that was putting its value too low. It's been corrected, and should now be much closer to its actual value.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VigilantRose View Post
    I'd caution you to avoid simply looking at the front page and saying "oh... that stat is best!". There are quite a few assumptions that went into those numbers and it's incredibly hard to track what assumptions were being made through the spreadsheet. While I appreciate the effort that went into it, I don't think it's very useful unless you're the person who wrote it.
    I'd say I made very few assumptions, and that the stat weights are very reliable for general gearing purposes. Even changing around talents barely changes the stat weights, and even the assumptions I made have a relatively minor effect on the final results. What are your complaints?
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    I'd say I made very few assumptions, and that the stat weights are very reliable for general gearing purposes. Even changing around talents barely changes the stat weights, and even the assumptions I made have a relatively minor effect on the final results. What are your complaints?
    Assumptions need to be made about casting patterns, current gearing, etc. I'm not necessarily saying they're bad assumptions, just that it's too hard to track down what they are. Most of the calculations go through a tree of values scattered across multiple pages, often in largely unordered lists. This makes it difficult to validate or use - there are plenty of times that even good assumptions won't hold for certain types of play and for anyone not involved in building the spreadsheet, it's probably just easier to make their own.

Quote Originally Posted by VigilantRose View Post
    Assumptions need to be made about casting patterns, current gearing, etc. I'm not necessarily saying they're bad assumptions, just that it's too hard to track down what they are. Most of the calculations go through a tree of values scattered across multiple pages, often in largely unordered lists. This makes it difficult to validate or use - there are plenty of times that even good assumptions won't hold for certain types of play and for anyone not involved in building the spreadsheet, it's probably just easier to make their own.
    That could be true if our spells scaled differently with each stat.

However, other than effuse, it's basically vers/crit > the other stats, unless your goal is only tank healing, in which case from effuse use mastery ~ haste >> crit/vers. The spreadsheet basically says exactly that.