Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Is the surgeon bad for amputating an arm of a patient to save his life, even if patient is crying for the doctor not to do it?
    That analogy doesn't work since the context of both situations are massively different.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Even if the avatar was killed or what not, doesn't necessarily mean Sargeras is gone. Even when Medivh was possessed and died Sargeras didn't fall. It will likely take a lot of maguffins to take the guy down for good.
    Actually it's an established part of the lore that if a demon dies on Argus, they're dead for good. Assuming Sarg resides on Argus, it's not too far a stretch to imagine killing him there would mean hes gone for good, since he's pretty damn demonic these days himself.

I don't know if Tomb will be the final raid of Legion, that would be following the WoD formula, which they're trying to get away from. I do expect that Argus will be it's own xpac.

That analogy doesn't work since the context of both situations are massively different.
    I edited my response shortly after posting it, with new info.

And i disagree, this is EXACTLY what sargeras is doing.

Void lords bad.

Void lords want to corrupt all life in Cosmos.

If void lords corrupt all life in cosmos, bad.

Cannot kill void lords.

Therefore the only solution is to cleanse all life.

No life to corrupt = void gods cannot win.

Same as cutting off an arm to save a patient. Same as shooting a chicken that might infect the rest of the coop. Same as noticing that your cupcake has wasps in it, throwing it in a bin, and going to the shop to buy a new one.
    We dream, we dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    I edited my response shortly after posting it, with new info.

And i disagree, this is EXACTLY what sargeras is doing.

Void lords bad.

Void lords want to corrupt all life in Cosmos.

If void lords corrupt all life in cosmos, bad.

Cannot kill void lords.

Therefore the only solution is to cleanse all life.

No life to corrupt = void gods cannot win.

Same as cutting off an arm to save a patient. Same as shooting a chicken that might infect the rest of the coop. Same as noticing that your cupcake has wasps in it, throwing it in a bin, and going to the shop to buy a new one.
    That would make Sargeras works since he'd be killing everything, sure the void lord corrupts but in a weird the Void Lords didn't actually kill that many. Sargeras is being stupid.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Again, Sargeras can literally slice a planet in two with his big sword. I doubt us mortal players will ever even touch him let alone fight the Gods that this God fears.
    Archimonde and Kil'jaeden have devoured worlds. Old Gods like C'thun and Yogg'saron feast on world souls.

We've already faced beings that are too powerful for us to face in a story that actually makes sense. Sargeras is merely a stronger version of that so Blizzard will devise a stronger plot twist.

There's no end to Warcraft without an end to Sargeras and the Voice Lords. They won't leave this franchise hanging. The story is building up to a confrontation and neither us nor Sargeras will back down quietly and concede.

10+ Year Old Account
    When they said sargaras wasnt the biggest bad guy their was some bs named the void or something i knew it meant wed be fighting sarg
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

That would make Sargeras works since he'd be killing everything, sure the void lord corrupts but in a weird the Void Lords didn't actually kill that many. Sargeras is being stupid.
    Corrupts is putting it mildly. Void lords would literally change the life to be... Void. Its not just your usual "Omg worship old gods" corrupts. Anything, even death, would be preferable to Void God control.
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivion666 View Post
    Haven't you realized yet that legion final boss will be Illidan as Sargeras new avatar?!

Are you all that dumb?
    Sargeras's new avatar will be Nomi...

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean.....duh?

Anyone who didn;t think we were gonna go in there was fooling themselves. That said it is seeming more and more likely that we may fight the Avatar of Sargeras as the final boss of the expansion. And if not final boss at least at some point within.

Deleted
    The tomb of sargeras is also a gateway to many other worlds. So we could take control of the tomb at the end of expansion, and then we go to fight the legion to other worlds on the next expansion (after reforging our artifacts because they were edstroyed in some form in the final battle)

It seems like this is the last expansion based on the state of the game and Blizzard's approach to this expansion and how it relates with the EOL trajectory of similar games. Sargeras would make sense as a final boss given the lore and the locale.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next announcement after this expansion is progression servers so they can continue to make money from the franchise while not building more new content, assuming the whole Nostalrius thing was legitimate.

I really just want to fight Archimonde alongside Kil'Jaedin alongside a corrupted AU Velen

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    I mean.....duh?

Anyone who didn;t think we were gonna go in there was fooling themselves. That said it is seeming more and more likely that we may fight the Avatar of Sargeras as the final boss of the expansion. And if not final boss at least at some point within.
    Pretty much this. Tomb of Sargeras being a confirmed raid is like BT or ICC being confirmed raids in their own expansions.

Though Tomb being last raid isn't confirmed as it could be second to last raid or a middling one or what ever blizzard is doing this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What other raids could we have. Anything obvious? I'd imagine one with some Naga forces, cause I cant think of anything else.
    Harpy Raid.