Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    oh wait this is my thread. lol i completelty forgot i made this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wonder, is there a way to check how many people actually have Rank 2 Infernal Brimstone? Is the information available in the armory somewhere?
    If you are in a guild, you can check this through the professions tab.

Anyways, I spoke to this a few weeks ago with Game Master that was a miner on his own account, and he told me that they had received bug reports about this, but haven't received enough to actually do anything with them. To my ears they know it is bugged or not working as intended but are too lazy to fix it.

Just report this to Blizzard through Help and maybe it will finally catch their attention.
    Last edited by Apart; 2017-02-12 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apart View Post
    If you are in a guild, you can check this through the professions tab.

Anyways, I spoke to this a few weeks ago with Game Master that was a miner on his own account, and he told me that they had received bug reports about this, but haven't received enough to actually do anything with them. To my ears they know it is bugged or not working as intended but are too lazy to fix it.

Just report this to Blizzard through Help and maybe it will finally catch their attention.
    Will do when I'm on later today. I have rank 3 in a lot of the others but no rank 2 in infernal brimstone... so annoying

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Same here on my main miner (got 3 but played one much longer) did almost all the brimstone WQ available since like october to now, no rank 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sent in a ticket and they said it's working as intended.

I'm guessing the problem is that there is just as much chance for Rank 2 to drop from an Infernal than it does for the mining. But the difference is we mine Infernals maybe once or twice a day where as we mine Leystone/Felslate much more frequently, so the chances to get it there is a lot higher. Then again, I have like 400 Infernal Brimstones and should have definitely gotten R2 by now...

They need to increase drop rate on them to compensate. Compared to Herb where I got rank 2 in Felwort in like 2 days, it's waaaaay too small.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Like I have mentioned earlier, 3 months ago I spoke with a GM about this. They gave me the suggestion to report this.
    You can see my ticket and responses here as well as in-game screenshot of my entire guilds ranks, NOBODY has Infernal Brimstone Rank 2.
    http://imgur.com/a/cOQnL

Maybe it's just a suggestion to add this as proof that it's not working in your tickets. It's getting ridiculous. They're making PTR 7.2 changes by the day, while something hasn't been functioning properly since the launch of the expansion.

Edit: On top of that, our gathering profession is also ultra RNG, having ranks for a RNG based spawn that has a RNG chance of giving you a quest item, times two, while other gathering professions do not have this. Seems VERY unfair. It's not like the materials we collect are obsolete, are they? Engineers? Oh wait.
    Last edited by Apart; 2017-02-23 at 04:46 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have already given up... im not going to waste time in this absurd design.

Already mentioned this in http://www.wowhead.com/legion-mining-guide
    and on the specific rank pages on wowhead.
    It's 100% RNG
    I don't have rank 2 yet, 2 guildies had rank 3...
    Welcome to the Unluckies club

i have rank 3 and i dont even think it does anything

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    i have rank 3 and i dont even think it does anything
    Only get 5 from the World Quest when it's up? That's usually how many I get and I'm rank 1.

I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet but i found out today that they changed how you get Infernal Brimstone rank 2 and 3 with the 7.2 patch. Once you learned rank 2 on all the Legion Mining you get a quest in Dalaran from Mama Diggs. It's a 3 or 4 quest line where the final quest sends you to Hellfire Citadel and you have to kill Archimonde but you can complete this in LFR difficulty by speaking with Seer Kazal out side of Town Hall building next to the garrison resources in your Garrison. By doing this i went from rank 1 to rank 3 Infernal Brimstone i'm not sure if i got both ranks at the same time or i just didnt notice when i got my rank 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i have been looking everywehre on google, wowhead, everywhere and no one has spoken about this...

all the other ranks for minerals say "world drop from mining node" however infernal brimstone says "quest" "dalaran" yet i cannot find this quest, i do not know how to get it, why im missing it, what i need to do

ive gone to the quest page, the spell page, the item page, google, everything, even trade chat, and got NOTHING please somone help...

also
    ive been mining for 8 hours, a ore about every 10 seconds, normal, rich, seams, and living when they appeared (using the able to interact well mounted, unable to be dismounted, and increased mount speed) and i have not gotten a single of the rank threes

why cant i get ANY rank threes?

also the nerf to mining living things has made it pointless... most mobs will give greys, and 1/10th the time they will give 1 ore...
    Ok let me explain you how this work:

Unlocking rank 2 & 3 brimstone is pretty ez, but you need to do some things first.

First you need to have all rank 1s, pretty ez right? I guess no need to explain anything here.

Second you need to get all rank 2s (3 of leystone & 3 of felslate: seam, living and regular ones).

To get all rank 2s you need to complete a couple of quests, one in Highmountain to been able to loot all leystone rank 2 and one in Suramar to been able to loot all rank 2s of felslate. You can use any guide if you don't know where to find npcs.

After that you just need to start mining. Took me 2 days to get all ranks 2, gor first 5 in like 2 hours and the last one took a while but finally got it.

After you have all rank 2s, then you can go to dalaran and you will get a quest to instantly learn rank 2 Brimstone.

After that you will get another quest to unlock rank 3, this is a questchain, can probably take you less than one hour and you are done, rank 3 Brimstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatahe View Post
    Ok let me explain you how this work:

Unlocking rank 2 & 3 brimstone is pretty ez, but you need to do some things first.

First you need to have all rank 1s, pretty ez right? I guess no need to explain anything here.

Second you need to get all rank 2s (3 of leystone & 3 of felslate: seam, living and regular ones).

To get all rank 2s you need to complete a couple of quests, one in Highmountain to been able to loot all leystone rank 2 and one in Suramar to been able to loot all rank 2s of felslate. You can use any guide if you don't know where to find npcs.

After that you just need to start mining. Took me 2 days to get all ranks 2, gor first 5 in like 2 hours and the last one took a while but finally got it.

After you have all rank 2s, then you can go to dalaran and you will get a quest to instantly learn rank 2 Brimstone.

After that you will get another quest to unlock rank 3, this is a questchain, can probably take you less than one hour and you are done, rank 3 Brimstone!
    notice how this thread is allmost 9 months old?

yeah this thread is 9 months old
    back when getting rank 2 and 3 were impossible

Uh Mama Diggs isn't offering me anything, I have Rank 3 Leystone, Rank 2 all others and Rank 1 Brimstone. No quest from her...

Quote Originally Posted by Scatterblack View Post
    Uh Mama Diggs isn't offering me anything, I have Rank 3 Leystone, Rank 2 all others and Rank 1 Brimstone. No quest from her...
    It is possible. I just got the quest for level 2 in the last day or so. Not sure if I'm going to get level 3 (it involves going into WoD-HFC), but at least I can get some Blood of Sargeras when I occasionally mine it. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    It is possible. I just got the quest for level 2 in the last day or so. Not sure if I'm going to get level 3 (it involves going into WoD-HFC), but at least I can get some Blood of Sargeras when I occasionally mine it. :-)
    Enter Garrison, speak to NPC so that you can join lfr version, Archimonde has less HP than Broken Shore rare elites.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Enter Garrison, speak to NPC so that you can join lfr version, Archimonde has less HP than Broken Shore rare elites.
    LFR Archimonde has 50M hp and Nether Banish is automatic so you have a minute to flush him.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    LFR Archimonde has 50M hp and Nether Banish is automatic so you have a minute to flush him.
    If not, he can always ask a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by dotKaine View Post
    I received the quest to unlock rank 2 of Infernal Brimstone from the Infernal Brimstone world quest. I'm pretty certain that the quest for rank 3 will come the same way too.

Unfortunately, it looks like it's only a chance per quest - so unless you have awesome luck, you're just going to have to persevere.
    It works the same way as many of the herbalism rank 3s, you mine the node and randomly have a chance to get the quest. Make sure you don't have a full quest log, gl........

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    It works the same way as many of the herbalism rank 3s, you mine the node and randomly have a chance to get the quest. Make sure you don't have a full quest log, gl........
    No it does not work the same way. You get a quest from Dalaran mining trainer Mama Diggs.

Infernal Brimstone Analysis if you got all other mining rank 2s.

After that you go to Deepholm, Icecrown, Twilight Highlands for 3 npcs to talk to. = Rank 2

Then you do a few more quests in underbelly and felsoul hold, ultimately you kill HFC Archimonde for a Rank 3 quest.

I did it like 6 hours ago. Solo bursted LFR archimonde down on a DH.

Last edited by Teri; 2017-07-25 at 12:41 PM.