Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Shadow] This is what shadow in mythic+ will be like a few months from now.

Search on youtube: Shadow priest legion. Darkheart Thicket Mythic |+8| (won't let me post links)

Ilv of group around 860-870.

Mage + DH repeatedly doing 1mil+ DPS on 4 target(up to 2 mil on 5-6+ targets) whilst we will be stuck on 200k dps weaving dots. When you said that mythic+ will fix things because mobs will have more HP, well try again. This is mythic8, 2 less than the highest difficulty that would give you gear and yet we are still a complete joke (in that video tank did more overall dmg than the priest).

True on boss fights we seem to be ok but we only beat the other less geared specs by 10-20k dps which is like what, 5% more dps, when they have literally 500%-1000% more dps on trash. Absolutely pathetic that people still argue that things are ok, especially when dungeons can be used as an alternative gearing route.
    Last edited by mmoc0c661e3882; 2016-09-10 at 02:25 PM.

People don't argue that it's ok, people argue that Blizzard can do no wrong. Know the difference and you'll be annoyed a lot less.

Deleted
    I actually dont mind that we are bad at trash and best at st.
    However with how much worse we are on trash I think we need to be that much better on st for it to be viable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephakay View Post
    However with how much worse we are on trash I think we need to be that much better on st for it to be viable.
    That can't happen because raids are balanced mainly around ST. Only option is to buff aoe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by QuestionsQuestions View Post
    That can't happen because raids are balanced mainly around ST. Only option is to buff aoe.
    And dungeons are balanced around trash and is as big a part of endgame now as raids?

Deleted
    And dungeons are balanced around trash and is as big a part of endgame now as raids?
    You are actually not far off in your statement there.

Deleted
    I just did all 10 mythic dungeons with the same squad and this is what we did as overall dps:

Shadow 848 ilvl with belt - 230k
    Hunter 846 ilvl - 235k
    DH 844 ilvl - 245k

So yeah my gear was better and I did slightly less overall damage but this was just mythic and not mythic plus. I am not worried that I will be useful in high level dungeons.

Of course I was kind of useless on instant aoe packs, but won damage on plenty of bosses and plenty of council trash packs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    I just did all 10 mythic dungeons with the same squad and this is what we did as overall dps:

Hunter 846 ilvl - 235k
    DH 844 ilvl - 245k

So yeah my gear was better and I did slightly less overall damage but this was just mythic and not mythic plus. I am not worried that I will be useful in high level dungeons.

Of course I was kind of useless on instant aoe packs, but won damage on plenty of bosses and plenty of council trash packs.
    Like, I'm sorry man, but that is just bullshit - either that or your teammates are just not good players. The video is actual proof of what gameplay will be like when people have gear and mythic+ unlocks. Maybe at the start we might be not as bad, but later on (at the ilv the vid is at) you will NEVER be able to reach such similar numbers (if you are not lying already).

Council style trash packs.. What are you on about.. how often do you see them? The only I can think for example in darkheart thicket is the 2 bears if you can call it that.

Deleted
    Ever think in the video that the priest is the worst of the 3 players? I'm not saying he is, just saying im not lying and my numbers hold up

Deleted
    Ever think in the video that the priest is the worst of the 3 players? I'm not saying he is, just saying im not lying and my numbers hold up
    That priest is a god, I've watched all of his videos. I just flat out refuse to believe that you reached such high overall DPS with a hunter + DH in your group, packs would've been going down so quick, SO quick if they were both doing what they should've been doing. Sorry man, can't believe that.

You saw the video right? We are barely stronger than other classes ST with a huge tradeoff in worse aoe (actually, none) and that's the problem.
    You mention you have legendary and they don't, let alone a good legendary like the belt. If the whole group had legendaries, numbers wouldn't look like that.
    And the priest in that video is really good. Again, did you even see the video?

Hunter 846 ilvl - 235k
    DH 844 ilvl - 245k

So... you have a higher ilvl + the best legendary for SPriest and you're saying that "we're viable because I do less damage than the 2 others classes with less ilvl and no legendaries"

... lmao

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    So here is the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUu1GH-ojJE

That shadow priest is kicking ass :/

I dont know what your problem is.

Some specs are better for ST some are better for aoe. You choose a class that only has 1 dps spec. You cant be king of everything

The mage does over 1 mill like once during the dungeon on a massive aoe pull. The DH i dont see doing above 1 mil.

This is exaggerating at its very finest.

Looks like you are going to be raping in raids AND be viable for mythic 8+ dungeons.

gz
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2016-09-10 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    So... you have a higher ilvl + the best legendary for SPriest and you're saying that "we're viable because I do less damage than the 2 others classes with less ilvl and no legendaries"

... lmao
    On top of that I am pretty sure he is lying. Is it literally impossible to do so much damage whilst having DH + Hunter on your group - arguably the 2 best DPS for mythic dungeons, like nah - no way. Unless they are garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    So here is the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUu1GH-ojJE

That shadow priest is kicking ass :/

I dont know what your problem is.

Some specs are better for ST some are better for aoe. You choose a class that only has 1 dps spec. You cant be king of everything
    Kicking ass? You have to be trolling right? How can people be so arrogant.

SPs aren't best at single target though.
    Looking at purely single target:
    SPs are bad without great gear.
    SPs are below average (counting each classes' strongest DPS spec as a reference point) when they can't use S2M.
    SPs are among the worst for very short fights.
    SPs are above average but still below some others for long fights where they can use S2M.

The only fights that SPs are the best at for ST are ones that are around 2 minutes and allow you to (ab)use S2M.

Play with a decent Arms/Feral/Outlaw and you'll completely get your ass handed to you when it comes to single target at the moment. In my mythic runs this week, even when I was in void form for the entire boss fight (with 845 average ilevel), I'd still only do around as much DPS as a good WW and less than any of the aforementioned classes which can easily do >300k DPS in the same situation.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-09-10 at 03:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by QuestionsQuestions View Post
    On top of that I am pretty sure he is lying. Is it literally impossible to do so much damage whilst having DH + Hunter on your group - arguably the 2 best DPS for mythic dungeons, like nah - no way. Unless they are garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Kicking ass? You have to be trolling right? How can people be so arrogant.
    Tell me how he isnt kicking ass? He is beating htem on ST every time. He is a dot class with a slow ramp up time and he is kicking their ass on ST on a dungeon boss.

If you pick a dot class you KNOW you wont be as effective on things that die fast.

Otherwise you really honestly deserve to wal karound in lfr land

Did you even watch the video?

Shadow was absolutely shit on trash - even the Holy Paladin did more damage on trash occasionaly.
    And not just by 10/20% - it's in the range of 100-200%.
    While on the bosses the Shadow was what, like 10% ahead of the rest, if at all.

Yeah, nope.

Deleted
    He is good not amazing:

Doesnt disperse in between trash
    Doesnt use SCrash which is better for dungeons
    Doesnt pre cast VEruption on bosses
    Doesnt pre pot bosses
    He opens with SWP on some trash packs which is wrong cause if you VT and MB weave as your first 6 spells you never need to recast dots as VBolt will keep em up. Where as opening with SWP means it will drop off before you rotate back to the mob.

Could go on.
    Last edited by mmoce6cdec159e; 2016-09-10 at 03:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Did you even watch the video?

Shadow was absolutely shit on trash - even the Holy Paladin did more damage on trash occasionaly.
    And not just by 10/20% - it's in the range of 100-200%.
    While on the bosses the Shadow was what, like 10% ahead of the rest, if at all.

Yeah, nope.
    10% ahead on bosses is huge. Think about how much that is in a raid group. And if you can go 10+ on mythic anyway who the fuck cares that your dot ramp up time is to slow for dungeons?

I didnt see the paladin doing more damage then him once. Tell me at what time that happens.

Tell me how he isnt kicking ass? He is beating htem on ST every time. He is a dot class with a slow ramp up time and he is kicking their ass on ST on a dungeon boss.

If you pick a dot class you KNOW you wont be as effective on things that die fast.

Otherwise you really honestly deserve to wal karound in lfr land
    First off, "you know you will be shit for trash" isn't a valid excuse for SP being shit for trash in an environment where Mythic+ yields gear as good as it does.

Secondly, one video of one party isn't a good reference point.

Thirdly, if you pay attention, the SP barely beats the others for single target fights while getting his ass handed to him on trash while having better gear.

How do I know he has better gear?
    It's simple: He has 2.3m max HP while the other two DPS have 2.2m and 2m each. None of these classes have any multipliers to stamina so max HP is a direct result of item level and artifact traits purchased. Subsequently, the SP is either having a higher average item level and/or he has more of his artifact unlocked than the other DPS in the party.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-09-10 at 03:39 PM.