Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Eeh really? Eeeh.... I try to read absolutely all posts, interviews, Q&As, etc by Blizzard. I have not read such a thing. Can you provide a source please? I know about the MoP legendary cloak but I believed that was the only exception ever.
    It's because these legendaries are not meant to be the status symbols of the past, they are just meant to be really cool bonuses.

They said in a blue post they didn't want unique looks on RNG-based, non-target-able legendaries.

/endstupidthread

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    They said in a blue post they didn't want unique looks on RNG-based, non-target-able legendaries.

/endstupidthread
    But that doesn't really make any sense. Anyone with a brain can see that's just an convenient excuse due to lack of art resources. They've had to create more weapon models for one release patch than they usually do for an entire expansion combined, so it's very understandable that their art dept would be swamped, but their official "reason" is just goofy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    But that doesn't really make any sense. Anyone with a brain can see that's just an convenient excuse due to lack of art resources. They've had to create more weapon models for one release patch than they usually do for an entire expansion combined, so it's very understandable that their art dept would be swamped, but their official "reason" is just goofy.
    lol no.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Eeh really? Eeeh.... I try to read absolutely all posts, interviews, Q&As, etc by Blizzard. I have not read such a thing. Can you provide a source please? I know about the MoP legendary cloak but I believed that was the only exception ever.
    https://twitter.com/warcraftdevs/sta...40400795459585

One of the top results on google
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Some of the skins are just old leveling greens from previous expacs...Kinda felt like at least they could of made all of the skins from iconic raid tier pieces of that appropriate class. (Some are, but not all of them)

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It's because these legendaries are not meant to be the status symbols of the past, they are just meant to be really cool bonuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Ah I see. I'm actually glad to hear that. Didn't think Blizzard would be considerate enough. Well, with the legendary items having no unique looks it doesn't really matter to me though. I'm more worried about the artifacts. I sincerely hope they let us transmog them at least in the next expansions. I'd love them to carry on with that system. Also I really hope (though probably in vain) that they won't make them unobtainable after Legion ends... Seeing as how I want to get about 90% of the artifact skins for all classes and the other 10% are good/unique enough for me to want them anyway and since these 2-3 years that Legion will last I will only have 2-3 months total to enjoy it due to university... 2 more weeks and I will wait till next Summer to play again :/

ALL Legiondary items have the same models as previous items. And this is why:

Quote Originally Posted by LeKueken View Post
    They don't want unique looks on legendary items, so people who like these looks won't feel bad about their chances of getting them.

At what point are people going to realize that, for a long time now, color and "quality" have NOT been an indicator of rareness but of ilvl budget/power? Trying to go back to how things were in Vanilla ("Zomg, it is was so amazing to see a tank with Thunderfury in Vanilla!!!!!!") when color actually represented some semblance of rarity is ridiculous. Purples can be given from the most basic of quests if you get lucky with an upgrade. It is not rare, it is simply a chromatic representation of the relative power level with regards to similar ilvl items. A green ilvl 800 is less powerful than a blue ilvl 800 is less powerful than a purple ilvl 800 from the same expansion. (Obviously, this is not the case with things from new expansions when stat budgets are fiddled with, etc).

Complaining that a legendary should have a unique appearance because "omg it is so rare" is silly. Iconic weapons/armor should have unique appearances as they are just that, iconic. Some random ass orange doesn't need a unique appearance.

LOL I can't believe people are justifying Blizzard's laziness. They simply rushed the expansion and didn't have the time to put out new models that is the truth and a logical conclusion. I mean "LEGENDARY" items having the same model as a blue item, seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    At what point are people going to realize that, for a long time now, color and "quality" have NOT been an indicator of rareness but of ilvl budget/power? Trying to go back to how things were in Vanilla ("Zomg, it is was so amazing to see a tank with Thunderfury in Vanilla!!!!!!") when color actually represented some semblance of rarity is ridiculous. Purples can be given from the most basic of quests if you get lucky with an upgrade. It is not rare, it is simply a chromatic representation of the relative power level with regards to similar ilvl items. A green ilvl 800 is less powerful than a blue ilvl 800 is less powerful than a purple ilvl 800 from the same expansion. (Obviously, this is not the case with things from new expansions when stat budgets are fiddled with, etc).

Complaining that a legendary should have a unique appearance because "omg it is so rare" is silly. Iconic weapons/armor should have unique appearances as they are just that, iconic. Some random ass orange doesn't need a unique appearance.
    How are you blind to the contradictions in this post? "Some random ass orange doesn't need a unique appearance." Are you stupid or what? Have you even read the flavour text on the legendaries? They're not your random gray trash items and they are on par with the lore weight as much as the artifact weapons themselves. IT IS LAZINESS, Blizzard rushed this expansion. Played the BETA and during the whole of it, rush rush and rush was noticeable everywhere you went.
    Last edited by tripad; 2016-09-14 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripad View Post
    LOL I can't believe people are justifying Blizzard's laziness. They simply rushed the expansion and didn't have the time to put out new models that is the truth and a logical conclusion. I mean "LEGENDARY" items having the same model as a blue item, seriously...
    Mabye. But since WotLK Wow armour has been based on set aesthetics. As individual items, the legendaries are difficult to fit into that, hence the legendaries we have seen in WoW's history being weapons/jewelry/cloaks. While it could be lack of time, having legendaries that dont fit with anything would be silly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tripad View Post

How are you blind to the contradictions in this post? "Some random ass orange doesn't need a unique appearance." Are you stupid or what? Have you even read the flavour text on the legendaries? They're not your random gray trash items and they are on par with the lore weight as much as the artifact weapons themselves. IT IS LAZINESS, Blizzard rushed this expansion. Played the BETA and during the whole of it, rush rush and rush was noticeable everywhere you went.
    So your argument that you cannot realize that color hasn't been an actual designation of rarity is that "there's flavor text"? Hmmm ... what a rock solid foundation your logic sits on. Because it's not like grays ever had flavor text .... oh wait. http://www.wowhead.com/item=38364/ve...tly-holy-deeds

The fact is simple: They did not want super unique appearances for the 40+ legendaries they added that couldn't be used for transmog onto other items and couldn't be specifically farmed for that also have a fairly rare drop rate. Just because it is orange does NOT mean it must have some super special appearance, regardless of what you repeat over and over. Blizzard did rush some things and did drop the ball on others, like Warlocks as an entire class. But this is not a place they rushed it. It is not rushing or laziness because you don't like the creative and design decision they made. Also, no matter how many times you repeat that it "is the truth and a logical conclusion" will make it so. It MIGHT be a logical conclusion if they had never specifically stated WHY they did it. But since they did, you are just making up garbage because you don't like something. Well, suck it up.
    Last edited by Thagrynor; 2016-09-14 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Don't like it, vendor it?

Sorry, but not all legendary is to look, legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

THat is true as well ^^
    Not all legendary is to look legendary? The fuck does that mean?

Sorry but it's lazy as fuck of Blizzard to not make the legendaries look cool.

I figured they'd make them special looking and relevant to what they're named after. I mean we know Blizzard can make cool one off looking items. Like Tusk of Mannoroths shoulders or Archimondes set pieces etc.

In the end it's not that big of a deal thanks to transmog, but it would have been nice if legendary items looked special since they're, ya know, legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Not all legendary is to look legendary? The fuck does that mean?

Sorry but it's lazy as fuck of Blizzard to not make the legendaries look cool.

I figured they'd make them special looking and relevant to what they're named after. I mean we know Blizzard can make cool one off looking items. Like Tusk of Mannoroths shoulders or Archimondes set pieces etc.

In the end it's not that big of a deal thanks to transmog, but it would have been nice if legendary items looked special since they're, ya know, legendary.
    Okay, let me rephrase it more simple.

Just because it is legendary ('orange') doesn't mean it has to SPARKLE or SHINE like anything else. We're on an island where most legendaries you pick up is could just be some that looks like junk after its journey before you.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    If only there was a way to change the appearance.

Transmogification

You can transmog legendaries now? I was checking for TF on my rogue but it doesnt appear..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    You can transmog legendaries now? I was checking for TF on my rogue but it doesnt appear..
    it's almost as if thunderfury is a completely different legendary compared to the legion legendaries that drop, which are transmoggable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    it's almost as if thunderfury is a completely different legendary compared to the legion legendaries that drop, which are transmoggable

It's almost as if this guy didn't know that or something and asked the question. It's almost as if one didn't need to be a smartass at all times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    It's almost as if this guy didn't know that or something and asked the question. It's almost as if one didn't need to be a smartass at all times.
    It's almost as if that people are just simply stupid as fuck and deserve these types of comments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    It's almost as if that people are just simply stupid as fuck and deserve these types of comments.
    Why would he be considered stupid as fuck? Maybe he just came back to the game like millions of others? Blizzard has done stupid and crazy shit time and time again. So it's not that crazy to assume they'd let people transmog all legendaries now.