Thread: PVP Scaling

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horde PVP Scaling

Can someone help explain how PVP gear scales in bgs and arena? I know it is about item level but do the stats count? For example if I have a 810 ilvl trinket that gives pure straight agility does the agility actually help while in PVP combat or would it just be better to get a higher ilvl trinket with different and less preferable stats? Basically do the stats on the gear count or just the ilvl?

No stat functions in instanced PvP. Only your stat template matters, and that only takes into account your ilvl.

so trinkets are completely useless? just slots for getting ilvl?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lorddeicide View Post
    so trinkets are completely useless? just slots for getting ilvl?
    yes

Deleted
    Does this apply to PvP trinkets though. Would seem weird to have those aswell as procc and on use effects but not having them do anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Does this apply to PvP trinkets though. Would seem weird to have those aswell as procc and on use effects but not having them do anything.
    sadly it does, which is beyond stupid imo having pvp trinkets with on use/equip effects which cant even be used isnt instanced pvp ... legion PvP is 100% item level and AP

Deleted
    It makes the whole system weird and badly thought true. Right now it feels as if the entire thing was thrown together at the last minute. Both the balancing is off and the itemization makes very little sense with PvE being the main source and most reliable source for gear for PvP being an absurdity. Worse it's easier to grind Honor through PvE aswell. Just wtf.

Disabling trinkets, set bonuses, and other equipment bonuses (like legendaries) in PvP in favor of honor talents makes a lot of sense. It reduces burst, so the PvE itemization group can make trinkets do whatever and not have to worry about "lol insta-gib". It also lets the developers tune PvP better.

The reason you have trinkets with procs or on-use abilities obtained from PvP is so that you can have gear which you can take into PvE.

PvP stat templates help, especially if your PvP optimal stats differ from PvE. However, if Blizzard didn't pick the right PvP template for your spec, you're kinda screwed.

It makes the whole system weird and badly thought true. Right now it feels as if the entire thing was thrown together at the last minute. Both the balancing is off and the itemization makes very little sense with PvE being the main source and most reliable source for gear for PvP being an absurdity. Worse it's easier to grind Honor through PvE aswell. Just wtf.
    Rated PvP isn't even out yet man...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    And that changes what? Oh right. Nothing. So why bring it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Exedore View Post
    Disabling trinkets, set bonuses, and other equipment bonuses (like legendaries) in PvP in favor of honor talents makes a lot of sense. It reduces burst, so the PvE itemization group can make trinkets do whatever and not have to worry about "lol insta-gib". It also lets the developers tune PvP better.

The reason you have trinkets with procs or on-use abilities obtained from PvP is so that you can have gear which you can take into PvE.

PvP stat templates help, especially if your PvP optimal stats differ from PvE. However, if Blizzard didn't pick the right PvP template for your spec, you're kinda screwed.
    Burst is high right now.

The templates don't handicap the artifact weapon ilevel increases though which means damage is going to scale out of control.

- - - Updated - - -

When rated PVP comes out players are going to discover a worse system than there was for WotLK Season 1 and 2 where the ladders are stratified by gear barriers and the bottom of the ladder falls out as a result.

And that changes what? Oh right. Nothing. So why bring it up?
    Blizzard said that you'll get more honor from rated, also better gear and more frequently.

Blizzard said that you'll get more honor from rated, also better gear and more frequently.
    In before RBG's groups requiring 850 ilvl and Honor Level 50.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exedore View Post
    ... It reduces burst ...
    LOL

Oh, wait, you're serious. Apologies for laughing. People are currently getting globaled though, disabling didn't stop this, but I guess it wouldn't help having them enabled either..

Such is life.. I guess.

In theory it makes the game much easier to balance, and I'm fine with that. The pvp community was asking for normalised gear/stats in pvp for years ever since pve gear was abused in arena in burning crusade. Personally I couldn't care less about whether or not we have pvp gear since there hasn't been anything interesting about it for a long time, it was just a grind every expansion and nothing else.

The problem is the lack of balance and how some templates are so out of whack.

How are people getting "globaled"?

This is the 1st expansion where I don't feel like I die in 2 seconds xD

Took me some while to get used to the idea that stats & trinket abilities didn't matter at all for PvP.

Just iLvL. Though I noticed wearing a shield does still improve armor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    How are people getting "globaled"?

This is the 1st expansion where I don't feel like I die in 2 seconds xD
    Try to pvp with a shadow and you will know the pain

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    Try to pvp with a shadow and you will know the pain

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk
    Or an enhancement shaman >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    If by this time you believe anything coming from Blizzard, especially vague feel-good crap like "better gear and more frequently" which means almost nothing and could mean anything - then I have some lovely unicorns and kittens I'd like to sell ya.