Poll: Describe your relationship with Suramar:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Either way, that's not the point. The point is that the kill-credit structure of that WQ is a complete joke and should be fixed.
    How is it a joke? You come in, kill mobs, get %. It works exactly like any other Q of that sort.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    glad im attuned and dont have to do anything else tbh only reason i havent played on more of my alts is cause suramar questing is way too required and the attunement should be account wide

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    How is it a joke? You come in, kill mobs, get %. It works exactly like any other Q of that sort.
    The amount of completion you get per kill is a joke. It's less than 1% for non-named mobs(the 8 Felguards together give 5%ish)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

15+ Year Old Account
    I like lore and reading up on it but I'm not into RP and stuff like that.
    Some of the parts are tough but nothing I can't solo on my tank.
    Overall I love the zone, and I love the new faction. I love what they have done with withered training and hope they will expand it even more, maybe even give it randomized dungeon where we can have a lot more fun. The only thing I find slighly annoying is the ancient mana grind. It can get tedious at times getting those 1300 mana to get my withered (must have missed where to get the last 200 mana to gain 2000 max, but it's not required).

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I like lore and reading up on it but I'm not into RP and stuff like that.
    Some of the parts are tough but nothing I can't solo on my tank.
    Overall I love the zone, and I love the new faction. I love what they have done with withered training and hope they will expand it even more, maybe even give it randomized dungeon where we can have a lot more fun. The only thing I find slighly annoying is the ancient mana grind. It can get tedious at times getting those 1300 mana to get my withered (must have missed where to get the last 200 mana to gain 2000 max, but it's not required).
    You probably missed 2 treasures, assuming you did all your main story quests.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    The most painful thing I've ever experienced on wow. MoP's dailies were a beautiful thing in comparison with this shit

I'm in love with it. The story is actually exciting and interesting to me. I want the Nightfallen/Nightborne as a playable race, their culture and architecture is incredible. Also, the feeling of a slow, almost Netherwinglike rep (not quite but you get the idea) that takes a month or more to complete is actually fun to me. I enjoy gradual reps that require daily investment.
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-09-13 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    Still don't know how exactly it works and I get rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    My love is stuck with the zone of Suramar City, loving that place so much...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    A mix of "Not my thing, but gotta do what you gotta do for dungeons." and "OMG when will it end?!".

Pretty much OMG what a horrible experience but I HAVE to do it if I want to unlock those dungeons. I'm still only have just 2 story lines completed and I just can't motivate myself to continue questing.

Once I am attunded there I won't go back there except for the WQ's if the reward is good.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    this is why we can't have nice things.

Hey lets create a long quest line, with many side quests run into to keep you busy, award tons of AP, toys, pets and other rewards end put that in a beautiful zone and a critically acclaimed city design.. On top of this lets put some pacing so people won't rush through it/burn out in a week and complain about how there is nothing to do again..

new community: how dare you make me wait for things and force me to do things out in the world to gain things! I want it here and I want it now! I also don't want to put a lot of effort into it so just slip shiny things into my inventory every now and then, k thx bye.
    The actual Suramar city is horrible, it's painful to navigate in, not as in hard, but more like frustrating. The zone itself is ok-ish I suppose, I don't hate it but don't really like it either.

Our relationship is an open relationship. We agreed to enjoy each others company while I will occasionally give other zones a visit and she can let other players in for a fun night.

The title of this topic feels somehow weird.
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2016-09-13 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joi- View Post
    The actual Suramar city is horrible, it's painful to navigate in, not as in hard, but more like frustrating. The zone itself is ok-ish I suppose, I don't hate it but don't really like it either.
    The only part I hate is the part on the lower east wing where you do the dino quest.. its full of high elite demons with like almost all of them seeing through costume and quickly ganging up and killing.. luckily the rest is much easier to handle. Navigation was a problem for me for like the first day but you get really used to it. If you remember where the portals are, going back with the portal in part of suramar then being return to the other part you want to go from shalaran is quite efficient actually.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beautiful city, discover new shit in it nearly everyday.

Some of the quests are really annoying, but that's because we (myself included) are trained to rush through shit as soon as possible. So suddenly when you're running around the city oftentimes that comes with a legion of elites following suite, which typically results in your death. Honestly my only gripe with the questing experience is the eastern side of the city. The geography is annoying and finding some of the quest mobs for WQ are a pain in the ass. That part of the city is also detection city, where the other parts are okay as long as you're paying attention.

The attention to detail and the story are pretty amazing. Compared to their efforts for max level questing in previous expansions, well, it's certainly the best they have done in my opinion. Is it perfect? No, but it's pretty damn close. It's the only city in WoW that feels like a living breathing city, and that's something.

The problems in my mind is gating the instances behind 8/12k rep. It sucks for alts and requires you to to complete several quest chains to unlock as many WQ as you can possibly do in order to get more reputation. I totally am down with doing it on a main, but it should really unlock for your entire account once you get it done. Suramar itself is still a huge source of AP and it's something you would probably want to do on an alt sometime, but the mere thought of having to spend that much time in the zone to unlock dungeons is kinda shitty.

The city.. It has no detailed map..

Thunder Totem has..

Suramar City doesn't..

That's my biggest complaint, at the momment >.<'
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Love the storyline, love the aesthetics, don't mind the stealth mechanic.

Hate the rep gating. I'm at almost 6k into Revered and haven't had any new story content in a while. Which sucks because it feels like just a static WQ hub now instead of an evolving storyline like it did at the beginning. I wanna know what happens, dammit.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I gave it both: "It's pretty good, but not all that" and "OMG when will it end?!"

Reason: The damned rep/scenario thing is the only part that is "OMG", the rest is pretty fun. All my tank friends are like "ez to clear, no issues at all", and I'm over here as a DPS wondering if I should just figure out how to skip all the bosses or something.

See:
    hey! if you are not a tank the withered army can be really frustrating I cleared it easy on my second time starting with 20 withered but I was blood dk with stun trinket from halls of valor.

about farming 2000 mana thing. After you unlock the vineyard through questing, going back to the area and picking arcwines and petals will get you 2000 in less then 15 mins!
    As a rogue, it's still pretty easy to keep the little mobs off the army, but come boss time, I just can't survive long enough to kill bosses. I'm going to try to just build the army without killing bosses to see if I can get it large enough to push me ahead of their damage output. So something like: Kill all small trash, recruit all the withered that can be grabbed without aggroing bosses. Get all the way to the end, and then backtrack to kill each boss, backtrack again to open chests. Something like that.

the elite area to the east of the suramar city can FUCK OFF

c a n c e r

hey! if you are not a tank the withered army can be really frustrating I cleared it easy on my second time starting with 20 withered but I was blood dk with stun trinket from halls of valor.

about farming 2000 mana thing. After you unlock the vineyard through questing, going back to the area and picking arcwines and petals will get you 2000 in less then 15 mins!
    Unfortunately this is not true anymore. There are always at least a few other people in this area doing this now. This worked before when there were minimal people with the portal but now that a lot of people have it the area is always swamped since everyone gets the army the same day.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Go play Dark Souls then?

wait: u say, if me dont confirm u fanbois - and all i said was:
    Suramar isnt experimal at all, interconnectivity is mediocre, WQs r repetetive (as always) and:

"no, i dont feel different about Suramar, its the Same As It Ever Was (which btw is fine 4 me, i dont expect blizzard to be Avantgarde or innovative, such behemoth just cant anything else than conservative design, but what does this tell us about fanboism?)..."

all u say is: i should quit WoW.
    i feel sry 4 u, not just RL must be challenging with such inferior reading comprehension, which is a cognitive deficite...