Thread: PvP server Hell

PvP server Hell

Hey monk folks,

I rolled on a pvp realm in vanilla and have played on one ever since. I don't regret it until now. Due to cross server realm dynamics, and terrible (5-1) faction ratio, it's a total blood bath. I'm quite aware of the old chestnut "go play normal" or "why'd you roll pvp bro?", but all of my friends and guildies are on this realm, and I won't leave my realm due to pvp grief. I've always left other players alone, until they start something, and that usually works fine. But with the world quest system, and the huge imbalance of my faction representation, i'm constantly killed by 3/5+ enemy faction when i'm out soloing world quests. I realize not much can be done about this, but what REALLY gets me, are rogues. It seems like i'm just stun-locked, and killed with no possibility of retaliation. The fact that pvp talents DON'T activate in world pvp, means that I have no possible way to get out of being stun locked. I'll admit, i'm no pvp expert, but I've stood my own in 1v1's, and even 1v2's with other classes. Rogues on the other hand easily murder me every single time.

Can i get some advice for monk pvp, especially when it comes to rogues? I quest in WW, but main MW for raiding/mythics. Do we have anyway to break a stun now? are there any forums/guides/blogs for learning how to be a better monk pvp'er? I tried pvping with MW for the self healing, but I can usually only count on tiring the other player out cuz they can't kill me and get bored. but with rogues, same problem. Stun me, kill me.

other than this pvp nightmare, i'm LOVING this xpac, and enjoying healing mythics. any help with this issue would be swell.

thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Change your race to either Human or Undead. Or get a trinket that breaks stun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xameel View Post
    Hey monk folks,
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Change your race to either Human or Undead. Or get a trinket that breaks stun.
    You have a free trinket in your spellbook with a 3min cd which is reduced to 2 min by honor talents I believe.

Pvp talents do activate in wpvp
    Last edited by Rascal Bob; 2016-09-14 at 10:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that pvp talents DON'T activate in world pvp
    Weird. For me, Honor Talents do activate in WPvP. Templates aren't working, sure, so tanks, for instance, are mega-OP in WPvP atm. But the Honor talent which reduces 3 min trinket to 2 min, for example, DOES work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Weird. For me, Honor Talents do activate in WPvP. Templates aren't working, sure, so tanks, for instance, are mega-OP in WPvP atm. But the Honor talent which reduces 3 min trinket to 2 min, for example, DOES work.
    Agree with all of that above. Try questing as brewmaster, you can often win in 2v1 vs DPS specs or at least survive log enough to escape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get Tian (or whatever his name was) the Shadopan Monk guy as a follower. He has an OP ability that AoE stuns everyone, even players, for 10s and it doesn't count towards stun DR, so it'll be full 10s every time he uses it even after you've stunned them with your Leg Sweep. I've easily 1v3'd on my BrM with this guy. He stuns them and if they don't trinket (Leg Sweep them ASAP or Paralyze so they can waste their trinket on that), they're dead.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-09-14 at 06:31 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama