15+ Year Old Account

Using dragonwrath as my mount. Macro help needed

So what I am trying to do is make a macro that will equip DTW and mount it. That is not a hard thing to do, just

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /equip Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest
    /use Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest
    /dismount
    Now the hard part I am trying to add is that using the macro again will equip my other staff, which is what I am not managing to do.
    Code:
    [equipped]
    doesn't seem to want item name/id's as conditional

Am I down to 2 macro's? : /

15+ Year Old Account
    I would have used modifiers if my mount wasn't bound to shift+scroll up : /
    Will see if the other can be of use

Code:
    /run local a if IsMounted() then a="OTHER_WEAPONS_NAME"else a="Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest"end EquipItemByName(a)
    /use 16
    /dismount is no longer needed, because you will get dismount by equipping another weapon

EDIT: the above one would only change weapons if you are mounted (maybe you want to change back if you aren't?)
    and I found this cool stuff:
    Code:
    /use 16
    /run local a if IsEquippedItem("Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest") then a="OTHER_WEAPONS_NAME"else a="Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest"end EquipItemByName(a)
    the cool thing about this, is that you have to press it twice to actually mount up, but when you are mounted you have equipped your normal weapon (but still in legendary mount). Unfortunately you can't spam it (or it won't mount up correctly). The use 16 has to be first, because after the weapon switch, it takes some time (mili second) to be equipped (same issue with spell reflect from warriors)
    EDIT2: This would actually be the same as if you used
    Code:
    /equip OTHER_WEAPONS_NAME
    Someone might know an improvement, but in my opinion it's hard, if you want to be able to equip the normal staff when you click it again. Maybe you are fine with the first macro.
    You would need any condition that only fits when you want to equip your normal weapon. The mounted part works fine, but when do you want to mount if you aren't but not switch back to your weapon? In this case the player has to decide not the game (modifier needed or another key)
    Last edited by sshika; 2012-12-01 at 04:10 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    With the help of sshika's macro's I ended up making this, which works moderately well. I can't spam it but it has 'some' fail safes in it
    Code:
    /use 16
    /run local a b="Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest" if not InCombatLockdown() then if IsEquippedItem(b) then a="Staff of Trembling Will"else a=b end if UnitCastingInfo("player") == nil and not IsMounted() then EquipItemByName(a) end end
    /dismount
    ( 249 chars )

If you cast the macro too many times it will still swap items and interrupt the mounting spell, but once the casting is actually underway the macro prevents item swapping.
    I also added in the check for mounted, now it will not swap back in DTW when dismounting and keep my DPS staff equipped.
    Also added in /dismount since I am not actually wielding DTW when mounted as you pointed out.

This whole mess also means that I am always wielding my DPS staff and the macro doesn't work in combat : )

Deleted
    Improved:
    Code:
    /use 16
    /run local a="Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest" if not InCombatLockdown() then if IsEquippedItem(a) then a="Staff of Trembling Will" end if not (UnitCastingInfo("player") or IsMounted()) then EquipItemByName(a) end end
    /dismount

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I modified it slightly because there have been situations where I attempt to mount up and in the small timeframe in between equipping DTW and actually mounting up I get into combat.

This is what I got right now, it places the staff on my cursor but doesn't actually equip it:

Code:
    /use 16
    /run local a="Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest" if (IsEquippedItem(a) or InCombatLockdown()) then a="Staff of Trembling Will" end if not (UnitCastingInfo("player") or IsMounted()) then EquipItemByName(a) end
    /dismount

Deleted
    Not sure - EquipItemByName should equip it directly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just to touch up on this, I recently swapped to 'dual wield' and had to change the macro. I had to swap to item id since names would push the macro over 255 characters. Mainly just posting this for people also wanting to use this when 'dual wielding'.

Code:
    /use 16
    /run local a=71086 b=0 if (IsEquippedItem(a) or InCombatLockdown()) then a=86886 b=79334 end if not (UnitCastingInfo("player") or IsMounted()) then EquipItemByName(a) if not (b==0) then EquipItemByName(b) end end
    /dismount
    This works, but I wonder if it can be made better still

I found out, by using print(), that it is correctly going over EquipItemByName(a) ( and b ) but it doesn't equip it when I am in combat. I need to test this out with a complete addon free environment in case some addon is messing up, however I am not getting a lua error sadly so everything 'appears' to be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    With the help of sshika's macro's I ended up making this, which works moderately well.
    Thanks for this! It works really well and I really like the staff equip during mount cast.

Deleted
    Bit of optimization on the second line in terms of characters.

Code:
    /run local a,c,b=71086,EquipItemByName if(IsEquippedItem(a)or InCombatLockdown())then a,b=86886,79334 end if not(UnitCastingInfo("player")or IsMounted())then c(a)if b then c(b)end end

Wink Worked beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    With the help of sshika's macro's I ended up making this, which works moderately well. I can't spam it but it has 'some' fail safes in it
    Code:
    /use 16
    /run local a b="Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest" if not InCombatLockdown() then if IsEquippedItem(b) then a="Staff of Trembling Will"else a=b end if UnitCastingInfo("player") == nil and not IsMounted() then EquipItemByName(a) end end
    /dismount
    ( 249 chars )

If you cast the macro too many times it will still swap items and interrupt the mounting spell, but once the casting is actually underway the macro prevents item swapping.
    I also added in the check for mounted, now it will not swap back in DTW when dismounting and keep my DPS staff equipped.
    Also added in /dismount since I am not actually wielding DTW when mounted as you pointed out.

This whole mess also means that I am always wielding my DPS staff and the macro doesn't work in combat : )
    /equip OTHER_WEAPONS_NAME

Worked wonderful just gotta tap it twice not a big deal when it does the rest for you!! Thanks sooooooo much!!!