Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god. Prestige system seemed awesome, but knew I could never do it (at least on main). Need to have all PVP talents for Arenas and RBG's.

Edit: To still make it "prestige" or require effort, they should just push back rewards if they are too easy to get. I actually don't know what the reward structure is right now, but let's say for example there was a mount at 4. Push that back to like 8, or make the honor levels come slower after prestige or something. Still lets you see a guy and go "hot damn, he PVP's a LOT." Just a 3 AM brainstorm.

Good change overall, but I do hope they give us another way of speccing out of detrimental talents.

Or better yet, fixing them so there are no detrimental talents.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets face it, the prestige system was never meant for people that cared about rated PvP, it was there to bring more people into casual PvP, for example people who like to collect vanity stuff.. With this change, the prestige system can now be "used" even by players who are serious about rated pvp. Good change in that regard..

However, with this change, there's not really any prestige left.. Could as well just remove the prestige part and let people level their rank to 300 or 350 or whatever..

Deleted
    I'm so happy about this, I needed 3 of my talents in the last column to be effective, but I wanted the prestige rewards. Prestige levels should show who the pvp players are, not "who are the pvp players that don't give a fuck about rated"

Deleted
    This is awesome change

Deleted
    Definitely a positive change. They should exponentially increase the reward values for levelling up as people increase prestige. This would not only incentivize more pvp participation, but also make PvP a great "catch-up" mechanism for alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Good change overall, but I do hope they give us another way of speccing out of detrimental talents.

Or better yet, fixing them so there are no detrimental talents.
    I second that motion.
    That damn heartstrike talent drove me nuts with the constant reminder I had an undistributed talent point. No shit, why would I spec something that gives me 40-80k more dmg for 270k of my life.. moronic garbage.

Both this change and scaling BG/skirmish rewards so we don't have to do world quests to gear up seem pretty great to me. I was planning on prestiging on my DH and doing arena on my rogue, I'm glad I no longer have to.

I do think the current prestige system (losing the talents) would work a lot better if alts weren't so gated by artifact power though. Since prestiging on alts would be more feasible.

As for people saying the prestige is gone now, it really isn't though? The new system is gonna reward the people who dedicate themselves to do PvP, much like raids often reward mounts for the people dedicating themselves to PvE. Imagine if you lost all of your talents and had to relevel from x-110 every time you want the cosmetic PvE stuff, I'd have to imagine most PvE players would be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Imagine if you lost all of your talents and had to relevel from x-110 every time you want the cosmetic PvE stuff, I'd have to imagine most PvE players would be pissed.
    That's technincally called a new expansion.
    Though that has only happened 6 times so far in 12 years, where they expect you to do it 15 times in 2 years for the last weapon skin..

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Fascinating how some people suddenly mourn the incoming loss of a terrible system. It was never going to work for rated play and ironically the PvP weapon skins would have been more attainable by PvE players that casually PvP than any serious PvP player, who would just fuck up their comp and teams for pretty pixels.
    Gotta agree with this and similar comments. Seriously, "taking prestige out of prestige system"? What's exactly prestigious with deliberately gimping yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Good change. But I'd personally prefer the systems most other games with a similar mechanic use: They add a "faster" leveling up in the honor system after gaining prestige. E.g. in Payday you get (depending on what you skill) in addition to other minor boni +5% or +10% exp gained, so the leveling is faster and faster the more extra levels you gain. At least it should be that way for random stuff, to add some progression to the character and him/her getting stronger, till the point where you can decide to stay or go through it again. In rated PvP everyone should have access to all the PvP talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Why remove the prestige out of the prestige system?
    I'm guessing they're going with how Overwatch does it, where your prestige is basically just more levels.

Once you go past level 100 in Overwatch, you restart at level 1 but with a star under your name and you get to keep all the skins and stuff from the lootboxes you got from leveling.

I like this change a lot as a casual PvPer whose still only rank 6.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Huge improvements to the quality of life for for more casual pvpers like myself that mostly pvp on alts. Gj Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I second that motion.
    That damn heartstrike talent drove me nuts with the constant reminder I had an undistributed talent point. No shit, why would I spec something that gives me 40-80k more dmg for 270k of my life.. moronic garbage.
    Why would you PvP as blood when UH has better survivability and damage...?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Why remove the prestige out of the prestige system?

Because it was clearly a bad design. It's just another case of ignoring feedback for the entirety of beta and releasing their bad idea to production only to see that it was in fact as bad as they were being told all along.

Whats the point of the prestige system if everyone does it because there is no reason NOT to?

Deleted
    This is a great change otherwise no sane pvper would do prestige cause for rated pvp you need honor talents and without rated you wont get gear. Now we can have best of both worlds.

so do we just wait till 7.1 to press the prestige button or is there anything actually good now
    rank 1 dk
    find me on vindicatum.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Why would you PvP as blood when UH has better survivability and damage...?
    Cause playing a tank in pvp takes a lot less skill. He wont die and can solo classes those don't have self heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Cause playing a tank in pvp takes a lot less skill. He wont die and can solo classes those don't have self heal.
    Tanks get severely nerfed to their defense in PvP. My BrM for example heals for 100k Effuse in PvE but put him in a BG and the same spell heals him for 20k, aka less than 1 tick of a HoT.

Same with DKs/VDH/GDru/PPally, they all have their heals and Ds cut back when in PvP.

UH spec with it's ghoul shield is a lot better than anything a BDK can do. Death Strike is a joke in PvP considering the resource cost of it now.