Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Comprounding horror 7.1 nerf or buff?

Compounding Horror trait redesigned: its buff causes your next Unstable Affliction to deal (32% Spell Power) Shadow damage instantly, stacking up to 5 times.
    So once again Blizzard decides to change some not broken trait/talent/ability (comprounding horror) and leave bad/broken one unchanged (soul flame/wrath of consumption).
    And now we need to test it to determine is it slight buff or heavy nerf?

Wait so the extra damage is going to be up front instead of over time, like old Devouring Plague? That's a great change if so. Also, idk why you're complaining about Soul Flame and Wrath of Consumption. Both are fine.

Deleted
    It's just plain weird that they'd fiddle with Compounding Horror but not Soul Flame, Wrath

Fix what is fine andleave what is broke alone

I dunno, maybe it's intended to give us one less maintenance buff to watch or make us more bursty, god alone knows at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Wait so the extra damage is going to be up front instead of over time, like old Devouring Plague? That's a great change if so. Also, idk why you're complaining about Soul Flame and Wrath of Consumption. Both are fine.

They're garbage outsid eof cheesing AOE. Sould Flame has practually zero use in a boss fight, and how many fights are there with a steady supply of adds to keep up Wrath outsid eof getting a piss-poor 2% buff on rare occasions?

These Golds are bad because they are evidently designed to work with the old Reap Soul which would have supplied the stream of adds. Except now we don;t get those. How often do you see Wrath being useful in a boss encounter? Pretty damn few.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    It's just plain weird that they'd fiddle with Compounding Horror but not Soul Flame, Wrath

I dunno, maybe it's intended to give us one less maintenance buff to watch or make us more bursty, god alone knows at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

They're garbage outsid eof cheesing AOE. Sould Flame has practually zero use in a boss fight, and how many fights are there with a steady supply of adds to keep up Wrath outsid eof getting a piss-poor 2% buff on rare occasions?

These Golds are bad because they are evidently designed to work with the old Reap Soul which would have supplied the stream of adds. Except now we don;t get those. How often do you see Wrath being useful in a boss encounter? Pretty damn few.
    Then switch to Demo or Destro on those fights? You can't really use the "I put all my points into Affliction excuse" when the artifact power gains are going to be substantial in the coming weeks as your research gets further along. I have points into Destro for single target/cleave. Personally, I like having variety, and options.

Then switch to Demo or Destro on those fights? You can't really use the "I put all my points into Affliction excuse" when the artifact power gains are going to be substantial in the coming weeks as your research gets further along. I have points into Destro for single target/cleave. Personally, I like having variety, and options.
    With the garbage traits and more nerfs to affliction, it's basically "We'd rather you didn't play affliction at all". Thanks Blizzard!
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

If you guys did a even a little bit of searching you will find NO changes have occured in the ptr at the moment, making any discussion about balance silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveydave View Post
    If you guys did a even a little bit of searching you will find NO changes have occured in the ptr at the moment, making any discussion about balance silly.
    Maybe numbers, but yet they nerfed tankiness by swapping talents and you can see this on ptr. Also there're bugs in the game from ALPHA and Blizzard IGNORE this bugs for 5 months of alpha/beta and 3 weeks on live, so please don't post some BS like "wait for them to tune spells". They simply ignored all warlocks feedback and probably will continue to do so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    So once again Blizzard decides to change some not broken trait/talent/ability (comprounding horror) and leave bad/broken one unchanged (soul flame/wrath of consumption).
    nerfbuff

/10 chars

Deleted
    If you did a little bit of research you would know that a bunch of things HAVE changed, numbers as well. It is way too early to panic about though, since it is far from done. The talent swap of demon skin and circle is disturbing though.

Deleted
    How about "I don;t want to be forced to play destruction or demonology instead of affliction which I like just because the design team fucke dup the artifact"?

I absolutely loathe destruction and always have. I'm ambivalent on demonology. I want to play affliction - doing les swell because the design philosophy has deliberate weaknesses and doign great because it has deliberate strengths is fine. Doing badly because of last minute changes fuck up the basic artifact design is different.

Blizz themselves said (somewhere) that changing Reap Soul would impact the rest of the artifact and they'd change the other traits to mitigate that, But they did not.

- - - Updated - - -

The changes to Demon skin and Compounding Horror are on PTR

Deleted
    Comprouding horror ? i do not really care about that, check the damage on your UA and Phantom Singularity , they both got like 100k less damage, UA have less damage then Agony now, and it was much more ( Agony 253k , UA 231k ) on my ilvl and UA was like 300k + on the same ilvl, and somehow my AOE is fucked too dont remember how much dmg on my ilvl i had on seed of corruption, but my aoe droped down alot... i used to be the star.. now.. WW monks destroy's me doing double...well they always kind of won but the diffrence wasnt that big...anywa both single target and AOE damage is down, so even if u start with 3 shards ... your UA deals 100k less damage ) gg..... btw im 846 ilvl...

Deleted
    what the fuck is this horrible logic you have, you could also say that if you have problems with warlock dps being low switch over to fire mage?
    Your logic is just so flawed it makes me sick, its a spec that is struggling right now with single target and should be fixed, not swapped over to some other class/spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Hish View Post
    what the fuck is this horrible logic you have, you could also say that if you have problems with warlock dps being low switch over to fire mage?
    Your logic is just so flawed it makes me sick, its a spec that is struggling right now with single target and should be fixed, not swapped over to some other class/spec.
    No it's really not, it takes 5 seconds to switch specs, and like I said the artifact gains are going to start getting huge, so there's no excuse not to learn the other specs. You should be glad as a dps you have two other specs to choose from for certain fights unlike Shadow Priest for example. I have a little more patience seeing as I played Priest in WoD, MoP, and Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post

[COLOR="#417394"]
    On 5 stakcs and with Reap its 20%... not 2%...

I don't know the new raids, so lets look at Hellfire citadel.

Hellfire assault: Both traits are insane, and help affliction exactly with all of its problems with this fight style.
    Iron Reaver: Steady supply of bombs which can "die" so wrath should easily stack up to 5 every bomb wave
    Kormrok: Nothing to say, both traits can be amazing on the hand waves
    Council: You can abuse the in between phase with the spinning adds to stacks wrath for after it or do some damage on Dia
    Killrogg: Steady supply of adds so Wrath should be up the whole fight
    Gorefiend: The same as Killrogg.
    Iskar: Soulflame may do a bit in the add phases, but not that much
    Socrethar: Well... again, Wrath always at 5 stacks.

Should i continue? Those traits aren' trash in anay way. They aren't a single target increase, yes, but does Affliction need this? NO.

The nerf to our tankiness bothers me much more, espacially for PvP.

No it's really not, it takes 5 seconds to switch specs, and like I said the artifact gains are going to start getting huge, so there's no excuse not to learn the other specs. You should be glad as a dps you have two other specs to choose from for certain fights unlike Shadow Priest for example. I have a little more patience seeing as I played Priest in WoD, MoP, and Wrath.
    This is one of the worst arguments I have ever seen.

"Who CARES if your leg is broken, you have a fine one right next to it and you have arms! Why are you complaining!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Compounding Horror was only compounding our ramp up. This is a good change, not a great change as it still need to stack; but better than saving everything down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxtor View Post

"Who CARES if your leg is broken, you have a fine one right next to it and you have arms! Why are you complaining!"
    Exactly, both your legs could be broken. Why are you complaining?

Exactly, both your legs could be broken. Why are you complaining?
    I honestly can't tell if you're trolling with this or you're just that far gone

Quote Originally Posted by Draxtor View Post

It's a perfectly correct argument. If you're playing pure dps class and can only use one spec it's your problem, not developers', if you have "one spec to top them all", it's getting pointless to have the other two and it gets its balls cut off (6.1 Demonology says "Hello").
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    god damn, blizzard is killing warlocks, when a class only have a roll in the game (DPS) and you cant do it right because other classes do it better well its time to re roll class. Whats blizzard solution, hey lets nerf warlocks again!!! you are welcome warlocks