Please provide a counterexample to this legendary drop hypothesis.

In the "Legendary items drop bug?" the main theory is that bad luck protection doesn't kick in until someone gets there first legendary.

That seems to be reasonably consistent with what people are reporting, and it doesn't seem that unlikely, so it's probably correct. However, people are also reporting that casuals are tending to get legendaries more than non-casuals, and that supports the theory I suggested, that the bad luck protection is operating in reverse (for people who don't have a legendary yet). This is a less likely hypothesis, but I just want to rule it out.

Now, if the bad luck protection is operating in reverse, likely anyone who's been grinding legendary drop chances for this amount of time has literally 0 chance of getting a legendary now. That means disproving this requires only 1 example, no carefully done statistics required.

So, if there's anyone who has:

reached level 110 first/second day of legion
    done every emissary quest
    done at least 1 random heroic a day
    done all mythics every week except arcway/cos first week
    not received a legendary in weeks 1 and 2
    but has received a legendary week 3

then post here and I will consider this hypothesis disproven.

I expect many to post examples quickly and people to laugh at me for how stupid I am... but on the other hand, if not...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Audax View Post
    In the "Legendary items drop bug?" the main theory is that bad luck protection doesn't kick in until someone gets there first legendary.

That seems to be reasonably consistent with what people are reporting, and it doesn't seem that unlikely, so it's probably correct. However, people are also reporting that casuals are tending to get legendaries more than non-casuals, and that supports the theory I suggested, that the bad luck protection is operating in reverse (for people who don't have a legendary yet). This is a less likely hypothesis, but I just want to rule it out.

Now, if the bad luck protection is operating in reverse, likely anyone who's been grinding legendary drop chances for this amount of time has literally 0 chance of getting a legendary now. That means disproving this requires only 1 example, no carefully done statistics required.

So, if there's anyone who has:

reached level 110 first/second day of legion
    done every emissary quest
    done at least 1 random heroic a day
    done all mythics every week except arcway/cos first week
    not received a legendary in weeks 1 and 2
    but has received a legendary week 3

then post here and I will consider this hypothesis disproven.

I expect many to post examples quickly and people to laugh at me for how stupid I am... but on the other hand, if not...
    Out of the 5-10 million players only a few hundred post on these forums.
    I am sure you will get that one person that has done EXACTLY what you asked for, doesn't matter that the chance is 0.0001%.

lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahkhun View Post
    Both people who got legendary items first week in my guild have now gotten 2 legendary items and everybody else is sitting at 0, even people who dinged 110 at the same time. 2 other people got 1 each on the 2nd week who dinged a few days later / next reset.

So we have 6 legendary spread across 4 people lol.. If they both also get another legendary before the rest of us i will consider this practically confirmed.

I've seen a lot of people who are wearing a legendary and have another in the bags,
    Same, 2 people in my guild have 2 legendaries. Everybody else is sitting on 0. With so many confirmed reports of this it's pretty much 100% that *something* strange is going on with legendaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahkhun View Post
    Both people who got legendary items first week in my guild have now gotten 2 legendary items and everybody else is sitting at 0, even people who dinged 110 at the same time. 2 other people got 1 each on the 2nd week who dinged a few days later / next reset.

So we have 6 legendary spread across 4 people lol.. If they both also get another legendary before the rest of us i will consider this practically confirmed.

I've seen a lot of people who are wearing a legendary and have another in the bags,
    How have you seen that? Can you look in people's bags? That be a great magic trick.

Deleted
    The raider who got our first legendary in guild, someone who capped inside a day etc doesn't have a second. Despite getting his the first week.

Last night a guy who's a raider and been knocking around every day got his first. Don't know what content exactly he does, but I imagine he hasn't been missing any stuff since he's on every day, he just got them during the guild mythic dungeon night.

My buddy just got his third yesterday. Feels like back luck protection isn't resetting once u get a legendary. Maybe a bug or extremely fucking lucky guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    All 3 legendaries in my guild are on 3 different people.

This is not how it works. You can't make a claim and consider it true until it's disproven. You have to provide evidence for your claim. Which you can't, since nobody has the data but Blizzard. "But i know 3 people and have read on the internet" is not evidence. You'll need A LOT of data since the legendary chance is very small. And the data must not be skewed in any way like "people who have posted in a particular thread", which is not representative in any way.

I'm not saying that the drop mechanism is working as intended. All we have is baseless speculation, since nobody has access to the data needed.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2016-09-15 at 03:46 PM.

My guildie got their first 1 yesterday so my theory is the chance is the same for everyone with 0 and when you get 1 bad luck protection kicks in. Bad luck protection was not supposed to kick in until raid opens from what the person who claims to have designed the system said (this is not from a reliable source just what was said in the other thread) so I think this is a bug.