Mastery not working for Prot!

Mastery is bugged to not give the proper block chance, and worse, I think it might give 0 block chance regardless of mastery.

While naked, the base block chance is 10%. I am currently at 6540 mastery which reads as increase block chance by 26.69%. However, on my character sheet, it shows my total block chance to be 20.28% chance.

I decided to test this in game to see if it's a tooltip error, and after logging about 10 hours of dungeons, my average block chance is ~11.4%

Here are the logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/usercalendar/252982

The tooltip discrepancy is a result of diminishing returns on defensive stats... that applies to all defensive stats, though for us that's really just Parry rating (from Strength/Crit) and Block Chance (from mastery). 350 mastery rating gives 1% block chance and 0.5% damage reduction to shield of the righteous, so 6540 mastery rating gives 18.6857....%, combiend with the 8% base you get from mastery gives you the tooltip value of 26.69%, which is before diminishing returns. I don't recall the exact formula for diminishing returns on our block chance off-hand, but the 20.28% should be your actual block chance, after diminishing returns.

As for a bug... I haven't noticed one, but I haven't been analyzing my logs that closely. Can't look through your logs atm, but I'll run some logs of my own to see what it looks like (I'm curious to look at my numbers now anyways).

Deleted
    Your block chance after DR is 3+26.69/(0.018*26.69+1/0.94)=28.2835%
    So no problem there. I vaguely remember that warcraftlogs had a problem where it did not count fully absorbed blocked hits as blocked hits. Could that explain the discrepancy? On Nal'tira you blocked just above 24% for example. On Xakal it's only 6.23%. Something is wrong, I'm just not sure if it's an ingame bug or a problem in the logs themselves.
    Last edited by mmoc4148e87d80; 2016-09-16 at 09:23 AM.