Deleted

a detailed guide to affliction AoE

Hi, i do not post on the forums regularly but i have noticed alot of people with problems with Affli lock damage both ST and AoE.

This guide will be AoE only as ST has more details to get into but i regularly top damage with 250k sustained DPS(ST).

I can not speak for other specs as i have only really mained Affli since Vanilla. Anyway here is the guide, hope it helps you.

having base 3 shards now is crazy for damage, especially AoE.

Prio list:
    1) 3x Unstable Affliction
    2) Seed of Corruption(SoC) on that SAME target.
    3) keep spamming seed of corruption until UA is going to fall off

by the time you cast each SoC, the UA damage will have burst the previous seed giving you crazy numbers, especially since now you have corruption on all targets.

Enjoy

Deleted
    This is pretty nice, i have a question though. How do you generate shards to keep doing that ? (for the next trashpack etc)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    This is pretty nice, i have a question though. How do you generate shards to keep doing that ? (for the next trashpack etc)
    oh sorry, i thought people would be aware that out of combat you generate 3 shards. i will edit the guide to include that.

Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    oh sorry, i thought people would be aware that out of combat you generate 3 shards. i will edit the guide to include that.

Thanks
    Well np, though i am aware of that..i was just hoping there was a way lol. Because 99% of the time in dungeons (n,hc,m or whatever) you are not ooc enaugh time to regen these shards.

For example as demo i allways make sure to end the trashpack while having shards, so i can start next one with HoG. And even if i dont do it i can spam demonwrath a bit and get some shards.

Deleted
    i agree with black harvest when running dungeons there aint enough time to reset to 3 shards (not a problem for demo/destro since u can control shards) so how do u do it as affli?

Im calling bullshit on 250k dps wins as affli, how long are those fights? i mean if they are short 250k aint much :P And since there arnt any long fights in atm the only way to parse ones own dps is to go 4 min+ on dummies and do simcrafts.

And if u dont mind to link armory would be a great help

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkenqt View Post
    i agree with black harvest when running dungeons there aint enough time to reset to 3 shards (not a problem for demo/destro since u can control shards) so how do u do it as affli?

Im calling bullshit on 250k dps wins as affli, how long are those fights? i mean if they are short 250k aint much :P And since there arnt any long fights in atm the only way to parse ones own dps is to go 4 min+ on dummies and do simcrafts.

And if u dont mind to link armory would be a great help
    Please keep thread on topic and not about 'can you prove you are better than me' childish derails.

Thanks

Deleted
    Well im not trying to be childish im sry if you felt like it was, im trying to get a understanding if ive missed something and to do so i want more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    Please keep thread on topic and not about 'can you prove you are better than me' childish derails.

Thanks
    Its a "Detailed Guide" to Affliction AoE that includes 3 points. Cast a spell that does dmg to pop seed.. cast seed... and cast seed again.

I'd expect a bit of trolling tbh.

Do you not cast Agony to generate shards? What talents do you use? How do you handle 3, 4, 5+ packs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    How do you handle 3, 4, 5+ packs?
    Oooh, I have a great piece of advice for these! Use PS to pull 1-2 additional packs, then you have 10+ targets and seed + artifact damage becomes real nice. Real nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Oooh, I have a great piece of advice for these! Use PS to pull 1-2 additional packs, then you have 10+ targets and seed + artifact damage becomes real nice. Real nice.
    And most likely feel the wrath of Tank and everyone else in your group, unless they are friends of yours / aware of what you are planning.
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

No person that mains warlock since Vanilla would name him/herself DankDRUID on mmo forum.

On Topic: Detailed guide is what Brusalk, Not, Terryn and others are making.

1) Reasoning why you are using certain spell and ability over another,
    2) How do you manage soulshard generation when there is 2-8 seconds between packs where you are out of combat.
    3) Which talents and artifact traits are you choosing (which traits you going for first, and which you are planning to go next)

These are 3 things you forgot to mention in those 3 things you mentioned while posting your "guide".

I am really sorry for being sarcastic, but my questions are serious and I really think they are on point and to be following thread's topic.

P.S. If you are maining Affliction warlock since Vanilla, it shows that you are not competitive enough to be writing any guides since affliction was not in good state in majority of it's history.
    In vanilla, dmg wasn't even been payed attention to. In TBC Sacrificed Succubus + Shadow Bolt spam. In Wotlk Demonology was either top or required to be played. (except on couple bosses). In Cataclysm Demonology was again most played spec due to it's on demand burst with (what was then) new Metamorphosys. In Pandaria, you were going broken Demo on aoe fights and could outdps other 2 specs on ST also. Then Trinket came in, Demo was GODLIKE. Then trinket was nerfed, and Affli just did casualy 2-5 mil dps. In WoD Demo was again mandatory for any serious raider up untill HFC where we had to juggle between all 3 specs on different fights.
    So that leaves what, handful of bosses where affli wasgreat (not counting when Shadow Embrace was broken and all warlocks were playing for 1 and boosting his dps).

This might be a rant, but please do not try to make yourself on same level as 3 guys who are making guides for all of us. It is disrespectful towards the amount of work they put in to this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    In TBC Sacrificed Succubus + Shadow Bolt spam. In Wotlk Demonology was either top or required to be played. (except on couple bosses). In Cataclysm Demonology was again most played spec due to it's on demand burst with (what was then) new Metamorphosys. In Pandaria, you were going broken Demo on aoe fights and could outdps other 2 specs on ST also. Then Trinket came in, Demo was GODLIKE. Then trinket was nerfed, and Affli just did casualy 2-5 mil dps. In WoD Demo was again mandatory for any serious raider up untill HFC where we had to juggle between all 3 specs on different fights.
    So that leaves what, handful of bosses where affli wasgreat (not counting when Shadow Embrace was broken and all warlocks were playing for 1 and boosting his dps).

This might be a rant, but please do not try to make yourself on same level as 3 guys who are making guides for all of us. It is disrespectful towards the amount of work they put in to this.
    Stop with this rubbish.

SB spam didn't become viable until half way through the expansion, affliction is what was optimal from at least Gruul up until 2pT6 iirc. I know I played a lot more affliction than I did SBspam in TBC.
    WOTLK affliction was at it's best with 5dot naxx and I'm pretty sure it remained competitive throughout the expansion unless you really needed the demo buff.
    Cataclysm was the first time I remember affliction being edged out by demo regularly, and even then I have fond memories of playing affliction on a fair few fights.

Affliction has been the healthiest bloody warlock spec over the course of the game. Where these revisionist history is coming from is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Stop with this rubbish.

SB spam didn't become viable until half way through the expansion, affliction is what was optimal from at least Gruul up until 2pT6 iirc. I know I played a lot more affliction than I did SBspam in TBC.
    WOTLK affliction was at it's best with 5dot naxx and I'm pretty sure it remained competitive throughout the expansion unless you really needed the demo buff.
    Cataclysm was the first time I remember affliction being edged out by demo regularly, and even then I have fond memories of playing affliction on a fair few fights.

Affliction has been the healthiest bloody warlock spec over the course of the game. Where these revisionist history is coming from is beyond me.
    I swapped from affli to Destro Sac/SB around halfway T5 and it only got stronger from there till the Wrath Pre patch. I do remember affli still being pretty stong though during T5, and being definately the stongest spec from TBC Prepatch till you got a reasonable amount of T5 gear.

Closing this; if you'd like to contribute to the Aff thread feel free though, I'm sure @Terryn would love some ideas of things to add.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...iction-Warlock