Need advice on spec/legendary drop chance

Hey all,
    I would like some advice on the following topic. I'm in the situation (with many others I think) where I have many legendaries, but the shoulder still eludes me. I have 3 global ones (cindaria, sephuz, kil jaeden...), 3 sin (cloak,wrist, boots) and 1 combat legendary items (gloves?). Staying sin would give me the best chance 1/6 of getting the shoulders, but getting a 7th in that spec will probably take a while, whereas in the other specs I have less chance of getting it 1/8 roughly but will probably see new ones sooner. What would you guys do?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    Hey all,
    I would like some advice on the following topic. I'm in the situation (with many others I think) where I have many legendaries, but the shoulder still eludes me. I have 3 global ones (cindaria, sephuz, kil jaeden...), 3 sin (cloak,wrist, boots) and 1 combat legendary items (gloves?). Staying sin would give me the best chance 1/6 of getting the shoulders, but getting a 7th in that spec will probably take a while, whereas in the other specs I have less chance of getting it 1/8 roughly but will probably see new ones sooner. What would you guys do?
    Which one was your last legendary? Your chance in any other specs is only higher when your last one wasnt't global otherwise it doesnt matter. If you have a highly increased chance of getting a legendary pretty soon in another spec cause your last one was a Sin specific, then change your loot spec, farm nethershards, buy shoulders and pray to RNGesus.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Aurellio View Post
    Which one was your last legendary? Your chance in any other specs is only higher when your last one wasnt't global otherwise it doesnt matter. If you have a highly increased chance of getting a legendary pretty soon in another spec cause your last one was a Sin specific, then change your loot spec, farm nethershards, buy shoulders and pray to RNGesus.
    Last drop was the Kil'jaedan trinket...

Every legendary after 3 is the same chance of dropping, there is no longer a scale of legendaries taking longer to drop the more you get. If you have 3, the 4th will take just as long to drop as the 10th.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Every legendary after 3 is the same chance of dropping, there is no longer a scale of legendaries taking longer to drop the more you get. If you have 3, the 4th will take just as long to drop as the 10th.
    Completely not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    Completely not true.
    Would love to see your source (because I don't think there is one aside from your speculation). Here's my source.

your first Legendary has the highest drop chance, the second still has a significant bonus, and then you’ll have the same chances to earn your third Legendary as you will your fourth, fifth, sixth, and so on.

We think it’s important to get this across clearly: it currently takes the same amount of luck/effort to get your third Legendary as it takes to get your eighth.

Thanks guys for the answers. It seems that if the pity timer is really the same after 3 legendaries then staying sin is the best option for now.

Deleted
    Unless you have 3 in the same spec, in which case if you switch specs you will get 2 for the new spec pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunju View Post
    Unless you have 3 in the same spec, in which case if you switch specs you will get 2 for the new spec pretty fast.
    Global ones count for all specs, so where the OP has 3 global ones and 1 combat, versus 3 global and 3 assassination ones, he has over 3 legendaries for every "spec" since the game considers a global legendary as one for every spec. So it's like saying he has 4 for combat and 6 for assassination, the 5th and 7th will have same drop chance.

Apologies if I wasn't making it clear that I was referring to the OP, not legendary drop chance in general. Because of course if you have no global legendaries, and have only spec specific ones, then yes it would be best to switch to a spec that has 0 or 1 legendary.

Global ones count for all specs, so where the OP has 3 global ones and 1 combat, versus 3 global and 3 assassination ones, he has over 3 legendaries for every "spec" since the game considers a global legendary as one for every spec. So it's like saying he has 4 for combat and 6 for assassination, the 5th and 7th will have same drop chance.

Apologies if I wasn't making it clear that I was referring to the OP, not legendary drop chance in general. Because of course if you have no global legendaries, and have only spec specific ones, then yes it would be best to switch to a spec that has 0 or 1 legendary.
    I understood that dw With my luck my next 2 will be Valeera and Prydaz(sp?) and at that point I might as well just swap over to a differenct class :P