Page 1 of 12
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Deleted

    What is behind the rise parties/politicians like...

    Trump? AfD? UKIP? Front National? The far-right as a whole?

    Why are people voting for them? What do they earn from them being in power? Do they think they will care about the average joe in the country? That they will fix everything they think is wrong with a country?

    I know that about 20% of the people where I live are going to vote for a far-right party in the next election and I can't understand why they would ever do that. They preach inequality, intolerance and authoritarianism. Do they think they will be spared from that?

  2. #2
    Same could be asked about the left.

  3. #3
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomi View Post
    Trump? AfD? UKIP? Front National? The far-right as a whole?

    Why are people voting for them? What do they earn from them being in power? Do they think they will care about the average joe in the country? That they will fix everything they think is wrong with a country?

    I know that about 20% of the people where I live are going to vote for a far-right party in the next election and I can't understand why they would ever do that. They preach inequality, intolerance and authoritarianism. Do they think they will be spared from that?
    UKIP want to control the market for labour and also go to great length to appeal to left wing audiences, i hardly think they're "far right"
    Trump wants to end globalism, hardly far right free market thinking.

  4. #4
    Banned Tennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    You wish you lived here
    Posts
    11,772
    It's only in some countries.

    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

  5. #5
    the rise is (incoming leftie brigade) due to mass immigration.

    is it as bad as it seems? no. but they media plays people off one another. and it fires people up. they are getting ground because people are unhappy with the system, in many if not all countries it works. barely. and people want a better one.

    A good example being.. SNP getting 50+ seats in last general election, ukip got 1. yet ukip had 4 million votes to their 2 or something.. it is no longer a system which works for/represents the people well and as such people want a change, these far out parties whilst most do not agree with everything they say, they claim to offer reform.. which is what people want.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

  6. #6
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's only in some countries.

    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.
    Dont you think the UK is showing a tremendous amount of hope by breaking the economically safe status quo of being a member of the EU. Hope can be present in situations you dont agree with btw. i.e. i hope u fall down the stairs fam (joking)

  7. #7
    Equality is a myth. Why should you be considered an equal, if you haven't contributed anything? You shouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  8. #8
    Deleted
    Because people are sick and tired of neoliberal bullshit.

  9. #9
    People are bored with the status quo. They want to throw a wrench in the system just to see what happens. This, paired with a rise in immigration, has fueled national rhetoric and fearmongering.

    Also, the world economy, though on the incline, is not improving as fast as people would like since 2008. People are impatient and want everything to be magical and amazing immediately. So they've created this meme that the establishment are the bad guys, when in reality, the establishment saved us from the brink in 2008.

    Once the establishment gets their balls back and remind their constituents why they were voted into office in the first place, I'm hopeful things will die down.

    At least in the US, the anti-establishment rhetoric will always be around, since being anti-establishment is in our country's DNA. We've always had crazies like the Trumpsters and the Bernie-Bros, but they shouted the loudest due to the rise of social media, even though these people are the minority.

  10. #10
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    17,813
    Because in some countries, the Left went too far (I.E. Europe). People don't just suddenly start voting for the opposite ideology unless irked by their current one. Thus, the pendulum keeps swinging. Once people are sick of the Right, they'll go back to the Left.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomi View Post
    Trump? AfD? UKIP? Front National? The far-right as a whole?

    Why are people voting for them? What do they earn from them being in power? Do they think they will care about the average joe in the country? That they will fix everything they think is wrong with a country?

    I know that about 20% of the people where I live are going to vote for a far-right party in the next election and I can't understand why they would ever do that. They preach inequality, intolerance and authoritarianism. Do they think they will be spared from that?
    Because leftwing parties are unwilling to touch the subjects that concern those people. In desperation they turn to the far right. Maybe it will serve as a wake up call to the left. Sticking your fingers in your ears will only work for so long...

  12. #12
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Because in some countries, the Left went too far (I.E. Europe). People don't just suddenly start voting for the opposite ideology unless irked by their current one. Thus, the pendulum keeps swinging. Once people are sick of the Right, they'll go back to the Left.
    I live in a european country but I don't see the left going too far. They seem to enact sensible policies and strive for making society a better place for everyone whilst the far-right seeks to promote intolerance and inequality, making society a worse place to live for everyone that's not to their liking.

  13. #13
    The Insane PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,972
    Why would a person who likes their prosperous culture support mass unskilled migration from the 3rd world?

  14. #14
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    17,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomi View Post
    I live in a european country but I don't see the left going too far. They seem to enact sensible policies and strive for making society a better place for everyone.
    Ok, but you're just one person. Of course not everyone thinks the same.

    It just so happens however, that many people think the Left screwed the pooch on Immigration, and want secure borders again. What you think is ultimately an irrelevant drop in the bucket.

  15. #15
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Ok, but you're just one person. Of course not everyone thinks the same.

    It just so happens however, that many people think the Left screwed the pooch on Immigration, and want secure borders again. What you think is ultimately an irrelevant drop in the bucket.
    I don't know what you're talking about with the left and immigration. The left restricted it here, the centre-right/right and not far-right, opened it up previously.

  16. #16
    The Insane PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomi View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about with the left and immigration. The left restricted it here, the centre-right/right and not far-right, opened it up previously.
    Without knowing the country we can't look up the policy stance of the political parties involved.

  17. #17
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Without knowing the country we can't look up the policy stance of the political parties involved.
    It's sweden.

  18. #18
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    17,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomi View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about with the left and immigration. The left restricted it here, the centre-right/right and not far-right, opened it up previously.
    Until you give me a "here", I'm talking about Merkel&Co. and their role in pissing off certain populations and the subsequent rise in popularity of right leaning parties in Europe.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomi View Post
    It's sweden.
    The left restricted it after the fact. You know... after people told them enough is enough over and over again.

  20. #20
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    the rise is (incoming leftie brigade) due to mass immigration.
    More likely ungrounded fears and delusions about it.

    The people voting for those parties/individuals are largely from areas where there is no mass immigration.

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •