Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This story is getting national attention for 2 reasons. There was an innocent bystander (cops were innocent too but I'm speaking in terms of police ambushes) and because the shooter was black.

It's an unfortunate truth that police ambushes and attacks on officers are are not uncommon. You don't here about most of them unless the story took place in your local news area.

This story went national because it plays into the "police vs black people" narrative that allows the media to milk tragedy for ratings. Why did it take so long for so many outlets to pick up the story is the so called narrative is a big as the media would like you to believe?

The real issue is the gun problem in America. The shooter's motive is just one of many behind gun violence in the W.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's it.

I'm moving with my auntie and uncle in Bel-Air!

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    That's it.

I'm moving with my auntie and uncle in Bel-Air!
    Don't forget to bring jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    What heroin addled granny? Did she commit a crime? If so then you have missed the point.

In this story my sympathy lies with the women I posted a picture of and all the other innocents who were shot. Nicholas Glenn dying I don't give a toss about, fuck him.

Similarly in the story of Tyre King, the person who gained my sympathy was the victim of the armed robbery, not the armed robber who died after pulling a gun on police. Fuck Tyre King too.

Do you see the pattern? The innocent victims of crime get my sympathy, not the perpetrators.
    Everyone gets my sympathy. Not in this case though. But generally I see both sides as a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Don't forget to bring jeff
    Dude jeff just follows.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    https://www.scribd.com/doc/305240780/The-Color-of-Crime

Trouble dealing with the cops? They have trouble stopping themselves from committing crime.

Let's break down those numbers further. They'll reveal that only 1.1% of all blacks commit violent crimes let alone murder. That leaves 98.89% of blacks that have done nothing of the like.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    This story is getting national attention for 2 reasons. There was an innocent bystander (cops were innocent too but I'm speaking in terms of police ambushes) and because the shooter was black.

It's an unfortunate truth that police ambushes and attacks on officers are are not uncommon. You don't here about most of them unless the story took place in your local news area.

This story went national because it plays into the "police vs black people" narrative that allows the media to milk tragedy for ratings. Why did it take so long for so many outlets to pick up the story is the so called narrative is a big as the media would like you to believe?

The real issue is the gun problem in America. The shooter's motive is just one of many behind gun violence in the W.
    Contrary to popular belief, being a police officer is not a particularly dangerous job. Plenty of other jobs that we consider very average have much higher rates of injury and death, like roofing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    https://www.scribd.com/doc/305240780/The-Color-of-Crime

Trouble dealing with the cops? They have trouble stopping themselves from committing crime.
    Hey look, it's that same pile of bullshit stats that gets posted every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Everyone gets my sympathy. Not in this case though. But generally I see both sides as a shame.
    I don't really have much sympathy for people that shoot, or threaten to shoot, completely innocent people, but then I don't care about scumbags getting their just desserts.

I don't really have much sympathy for people that shoot, or threaten to shoot, completely innocent people, but then I don't care about scumbags getting their just desserts.
    I don't have much sympathy for the police either. Good to see we agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I think an innocent bystander being killed and 2 more injured by the police(on accident) is slightly more concerning than 2 injured cops.

It depends. I want to know what turned them to such a path. If it's over some terrorism shit like this case. No sympathy. But it's a person who was poor and turned to crime because they saw no other way out. I can sympathize. That doesn't mean I think punishment should be light though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I think an innocent bystander being killed and 2 more injured by the police(on accident) is slightly more concerning than 2 injured cops.
    Then you misunderstand America. The only deaths that matter are when authority figures or pretty white girls die.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    There was an issue like this before in New York. We had one guy shoot his boss and the police show up shooting everywhere hitting nine pedestrians.

There was an issue like this before in New York. We had one guy shoot his boss and the police show up shooting everywhere hitting nine pedestrians.
    Why do you hate the police? If they don't shoot all those random pedestrians, then they will obviously be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Then you misunderstand America. The only deaths that matter are when authority figures or pretty white girls die.

This reminds me. I saw jonbonet Ramsey on front pages again like what the fuck. There are plenty of dead babies and toddlers killed over the past seventeen years who haven't had their cases solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I'm not sure what people expect, when they arm the population, not caring about whether the people they arm are mentally stable enough to own weapons or not. The only shock value at this point, is that no one cares to do anything about it, despite these being a daily occurrence.
    Way to make it about guns, and not about the fact that he was crazy. Kudos to you, sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Link to news article? Not that I would be surprised. U.S police is terrible compared to the Dutch one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Way to make it about guns, and not about the fact that he was crazy. Kudos to you, sir.
    Crazy people without guns don't inflict nearly as much damage. If North Korea launches a nuke at San Francisco tomorrow, would you really argue "Way to make it about nuclear weapons, and not about the fact that North Korea is crazy!"

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends. I want to know what turned them to such a path. If it's over some terrorism shit like this case. No sympathy. But it's a person who was poor and turned to crime because they saw no other way out. I can sympathize. That doesn't mean I think punishment should be light though.
    If they turned to armed robbery, then they deserve absolutely no sympathy.

They held someone innocent at gunpoint, someone who they put in fear of their life, there is no justification whatsoever for it, regardless of their circumstances.

If they turned to armed robbery, then they deserve absolutely no sympathy.

They held someone innocent at gunpoint, someone who they put in fear of their life, there is no justification whatsoever for it, regardless of their circumstances.
    Understanding the circumstances is the only way to get towards genuine prevention, which is a concept that some of the West, especially the US, has totally lost their ability to understand.