Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Deleted

    How come nobody talks about how OP DHs are?

    There's ALWAYS 8+ DHs per battle ground and they always place in top10.

    They have super strong burst, insane mobility and sustain to the roof.

    Kite them, but with what? Melees cant kite and 90% of ranged DPS suck in pvp, not to mention ranged interrupt and sap.

  2. #2
    You must not go to the official demon hunter forums much... There's multiple posts like this every day. Who am I kidding, you probably already knew that because my guess is that one of those posts on the official forums belongs to you. You're just here to get more people to affirm your whining.

  3. #3
    They're fine. Meta needs a bit of a durotation nerf tho.
    Instead of nerfing melee - buff casters.

  4. #4
    There is another topic like this on PvP forums,

    in short its l2play issue. DH are not OP if you know how to counter them. DH are usually top dmg cuz of their insane CLV/AOE, their ST is good but not nowhere as OP as Rogs, Enh, or even Rets.

    You can kite DH pretty easy if you have some type of snare or roots, for decent Ret/DK kitting DH's burst for a short period of time and then countering it the D-cds is not hard at all. Mages/hunters should also be able to kite DHs, Rogues can just solo majority of DHs, WW can just pop Karma and lol at 4 Min Meta cd. Ferals can kite pretty well too or stand and fight, only Warriors are kinda fuked vs DH, but thats warriors they never have been good in solo/casual pvp. Any decent tank should be able to kill DH. Surv hunter (since i dont play one, nor i faced a good one) i dont know how they can counter DH, but i think they should have no issues to kite one either with its nets and disengage. Enh shammies is one trick pony, yes they are soft but if they pop their cds and gods of procs favor them, they can kill dh from 100% to 0% in 2-3 globals.

    Also let me remind you, we are talking about casual pvp, and pvp is balanced around rated, where once range classes like shadow/boomy/mage get a healer, they become very very strong.

  5. #5
    Dreadlord Metallourlante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    917
    Imho most people expected OP demon hunters, it's not a big news therefore they just don't give a shit and don't complain.

    EDIT: it's NOT a l2play issue, not by far. just watch some pvp video and you will get what I'm talking about, you just can't counter them sometimes.

  6. #6
    lol ive been in multiple bgs where im the only one, if there are others its 3 per team at MOST

  7. #7
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by torjey View Post
    They're fine. Meta needs a bit of a durotation nerf tho.
    Instead of nerfing melee - buff casters.
    No, they're not fine. 500k stun into 2x 200k hit (both glaives) for about a million dmg in two globals is by no means fine. That wasn't even with CD's up. People have posted the vids of what's going on with CDs, funny stuff like killing three gladiators in a team when at 10% hp yourself by globalling their healer and finishing off both DPS through touch of karma and CDs.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by torjey View Post
    They're fine. Meta needs a bit of a durotation nerf tho.
    Instead of nerfing melee - buff casters.
    No. Plate melee and casters are fine. Leather melee need to be massively toned down and tanks need to be nerfed for world pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    Imho most people expected OP demon hunters, it's not a big news therefore they just don't give a shit and don't complain.

    EDIT: it's NOT a l2play issue, not by far. just watch some pvp video and you will get what I'm talking about, you just can't counter them sometimes.
    Those videos are made vs low skilled players and you can not judge PvP balance based on that, on my Ret i 1v2 bunch of melee comps in arena like WW/DH, 2x Rog, Dh/Dh due to how broken Holy wrath. But it does not Mean Ret is OP, it simply shows that a lot of ppl are not aware of Holy Wrath nor how to counter it. DH by itself is not OP, it is a strong spec with very strong aoe and decent ST but low survival, but i wouldnt call it OP.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    No. Plate melee and casters are fine. Leather melee need to be massively toned down and tanks need to be nerfed for world pvp.
    Yes please - its not fun at all going up against tanks in world pvp. They hit as hard as dps and got the mitigation and healing to be damn near impossible to kill without multiple stuns (too bad for those who aint got that...).

  11. #11
    Deleted
    Snegovik, 3 gladiators in a decent comp are "low skilled players", gotcha. Thanks for telling us that mate. You aren't by any chance playing a DH?

  12. #12
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Holy wrath.
    finally...



    @Topic:
    ret kites DH? sry, what?
    Last edited by mmocdfc202a8dc; 2016-09-19 at 04:52 AM.

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire Azarak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    There is another topic like this on PvP forums,

    in short its l2play issue. DH are not OP if you know how to counter them. DH are usually top dmg cuz of their insane CLV/AOE, their ST is good but not nowhere as OP as Rogs, Enh, or even Rets.

    You can kite DH pretty easy if you have some type of snare or roots, for decent Ret/DK kitting DH's burst for a short period of time and then countering it the D-cds is not hard at all. Mages/hunters should also be able to kite DHs, Rogues can just solo majority of DHs, WW can just pop Karma and lol at 4 Min Meta cd. Ferals can kite pretty well too or stand and fight, only Warriors are kinda fuked vs DH, but thats warriors they never have been good in solo/casual pvp. Any decent tank should be able to kill DH. Surv hunter (since i dont play one, nor i faced a good one) i dont know how they can counter DH, but i think they should have no issues to kite one either with its nets and disengage. Enh shammies is one trick pony, yes they are soft but if they pop their cds and gods of procs favor them, they can kill dh from 100% to 0% in 2-3 globals.
    So basically what you're saying is that only other melee can kite/deal with demon hunters. That's not really useful though because its casters getting totally rocked by them and can't kite them at all AND melee dont want to kite demon hunters since they attack with melee range abilities XD

    In short, my point is not just demon hunters are OP, nearly all melee are, or at least most melee are better than most casters at the moment. Outside of maybe mages, there's not much casters can do to get away from melee since all melee have so many gap closers on much shorter CDs than any caster getaway spells. Not to mention most melee have a huge slow that's either passive or little to no CD and lasts 5sec+, which is the most ridiculous part IMO. Others have said it, most melee dont necessarily need to be nerfed, but if not, most casters should be buffed.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Snegovik, 3 gladiators in a decent comp are "low skilled players", gotcha. Thanks for telling us that mate. You aren't by any chance playing a DH?
    clearly you referring to a different video than i am (way to assume there is only one video of DH), one i am referring to a DH rushes in War/Rshammy/Monk, they all stack and he raped them, monk didnt even pop karma. bads are bads. I play multiple melee classes including DH, hence i can tell 1st hand that DH is not OP if you know how to counter, yes you can 1 v 2 nubs easy as DH, but so as Ret, Feral and WW. I am saying that judging class balanced based on utube videos is a bad idea.

    P.S. Having Glad does not mean much, i plaid with plenty of "glads" who could not break 2k cr in WOD/MOP

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    So basically what you're saying is that only other melee can kite/deal with demon hunters. That's not really useful though because its casters getting totally rocked by them and can't kite them at all AND melee dont want to kite demon hunters since they attack with melee range abilities XD

    In short, my point is not just demon hunters are OP, nearly all melee are, or at least most melee are better than most casters at the moment. Outside of maybe mages, there's not much casters can do to get away from melee since all melee have so many gap closers on much shorter CDs than any caster getaway spells. Not to mention most melee have a huge slow that's either passive or little to no CD and lasts 5sec+, which is the most ridiculous part IMO. Others have said it, most melee dont necessarily need to be nerfed, but if not, most casters should be buffed.
    No, you clearly did not read my post, i said mages and hunters pretty easy kite a DH.

    One of the biggest DH weakness (other than survival) is their weakness to snare/roots, hence this is how you counter their meta burst is cc/kite

    My main point is that it is too early to freak out, and thats what most of ppl are doing right now "omg melee is OP, nerf!". pvp balanced around 3s and RBGs (pvp wise), hence most ppl are judging based on 1v1, duels, wpvp and casual pvp. Also a lot of range/casters scream with veins popping on the necks "nerf MELEE" when they are wrong, only Leather melee need nerf/balancing out, plate melee is fine.

    Finally, every new xpac, early in season melee is always stronger than casters, because casters on average scale better with good gear but weaker at start than melee.

    Hence lets just all calm down and wait for new class balances that should come out this week.
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-09-19 at 06:20 AM.

  15. #15
    A guy that admits he plays multiple melee classes advocating for nothing to be done about melee. Lol.

    "Yea melee are super strong in every aspect of PVP including 3s and rated, but that's okay since I don't play anything but melee"

    We have heard that bull literally every expac when melee are dominating since blizz started the "only balanced in 3s" shit which is basically a meme for inattentive PVP balance.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Finally, every new xpac, early in season melee is always stronger than casters, because casters on average scale better with good gear but weaker at start than melee.

    Hence lets just all calm down and wait for new class balances that should come out this week.
    Except that whole "melee is just better in the beginning" thing doesn't really apply to the current pvp system. The scaling is put in check by stat templates and the increases of said stats are going to be much smaller over time than previously.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    So basically what you're saying is that only other melee can kite/deal with demon hunters. That's not really useful though because its casters getting totally rocked by them and can't kite them at all AND melee dont want to kite demon hunters since they attack with melee range abilities XD

    In short, my point is not just demon hunters are OP, nearly all melee are, or at least most melee are better than most casters at the moment. Outside of maybe mages, there's not much casters can do to get away from melee since all melee have so many gap closers on much shorter CDs than any caster getaway spells. Not to mention most melee have a huge slow that's either passive or little to no CD and lasts 5sec+, which is the most ridiculous part IMO. Others have said it, most melee dont necessarily need to be nerfed, but if not, most casters should be buffed.
    Players like this poster (aka sub 2k or sub 1750 in this case) as a lock, which routinely has been top tier since late cata, are the reason any decent player doesnt take the ranged crying for nerfs seriously. most ranged are used to dominating as per usual and now they are on equal footing and will still have a decent advantage in rated pvp. excluding outlaw and feral heals/dots, melee are fine overall. DH meta dmg output needs toned down a bit but the cd is 5 min base (4 min with traits) which means reducing the damage should reduce the cd length. DH are not only the softest class in the game, but also lack reliable self heals and are the most easily controlled class hands down.

    as for the 500k meta stun. Lol it does hardly any dmg, the damage from that vid was from fury of the Illidari which was just nerfed and was justified. It is about the only thing other then meta that reasonably needed a nerf.

  18. #18
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Those videos are made vs low skilled players and you can not judge PvP balance based on that, on my Ret i 1v2 bunch of melee comps in arena like WW/DH, 2x Rog, Dh/Dh due to how broken Holy wrath. But it does not Mean Ret is OP, it simply shows that a lot of ppl are not aware of Holy Wrath nor how to counter it. DH by itself is not OP, it is a strong spec with very strong aoe and decent ST but low survival, but i wouldnt call it OP.
    haha the "low skill" excuse

    Whatever the skill level of the opponent, the damage is absurd and WILL be nerfed

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by torjey View Post
    They're fine. Meta needs a bit of a durotation nerf tho.
    Instead of nerfing melee - buff casters.
    Please not, dont want everyone to be able to kill each other within 3-4secs.

  20. #20
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexieel View Post
    Please not, dont want everyone to be able to kill each other within 3-4secs.
    that also

    you can keep mobility but not that damage.

    Balance in this game is not that difficult to grasp:

    -Mobile classes should have less damage overall to compensate for their uptime even if they are "squishy"
    -Tanks should also deal less damage in compensation for their durability
    -Non mobile should deal more damage to compensate (like DKs, turret casters)
    -Casters should not hit less then melee even with 3 second casts, its absurd


    This is not vanilla anymore, melee cannot be kitted with a frostbolt anymore and its a good thing but the damage needs to be toned down and stuns need to be greatly nerfed for ANY class

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •